Songs they should keep, drop, add.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EdgeIsTooSexy

ONE love, blood, life
Keep:::
COBL
Elevation
Mysterious Ways
The Fly
Vertigo
Beautiful Day
Streets

Drop:::
I Will Follow
One
Pride...maybe...

Add:::
Electrical Storm
Dirty Day
EBTTRT
40---although they had it for the indoor concerts =)
:drool:

The only song I really wish they would drop is Bullet. I've heard it live over 100 times and I'm really sick of it.

Keep.......Fast Cars!

KEEP:
Vertigo
The Fly
Streets
Sunday Bloody Sunday
WOWY
Mysterious Ways
Elevation
I Will Follow

DROP:
One
Bullet

ADD:
Acrobat
Lemon
Dirty Day
Mofo
Please

ramblin rose said:
The only song I really wish they would drop is Bullet. I've heard it live over 100 times and I'm really sick of it.

Even though I haven't heard it over 100 times, I'm with ya', RR!
What can I say? Bullet is one of my least favorite u2 songs.
It seems to be one of their favorite live songs though.
At least I think I remember reading that somewhere.
So we'll just have to wait and see, if they'll drop it.

Drop:
Bullet
I still haven't found
Pride
One

Keep:
I will follow
The Electric Co
Out of Control
Gloria
New Years Day
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bad
Streets
With or Without You
One Tree Hill
Until the End of the World
Mysterious Ways
Beautiful Day
Vertigo

Add:
Rejoice
The Unforgettable Fire
Red Hill Mining Town
Desire
Stay
Discotheque
Electrical Storm

Last edited:
Keep:
The Electric Co.
The Fly
Zoo Station
Gloria
Fast Cars
City Of Blinding Lights
New Year's Day
Bad
ONE TREE HILL

Drop:
Vertigo
Elevation
Bullet The Blue Sky
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Pride
One
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
With Or Without You (unless it has Shine Like Stars and LWTUA, in which case keep)

Add (I'll be reasonable and not say any un-played songs):
11 O'clock Tick Tock
Twilight
Tomorrow
Surrender
A Sort Of Homecoming
Wire
The Unforgettable Fire
Spanish Eyes
In God's Country
Exit
Hawkmoon 269
God Part II
Love Is Blindness
Dirty Day
Mofo
Last Night On Earth
Gone
Please
North And South Of The River

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Drop ELEVATION!!! That song should have never been written.

:lol: Agreed.

Actually, I love the live version from the Elevation tour, but I have no opinion of the Vertigo version, and the studio version is worthless.

coolian2 said:
Elevation is good for two things: I Got You and Four Seasons in One Day.

I won't miss it if they fark it off.

WIN.

Elevation is a no-brainer, but I love it live, especially the Milan version. They shouldn't drop it.

They should bring Please back, Staring at the sun, Stay, play One Tree Hill more often, Running to Stand Still, keep Until the End of the World, maybe Fast Cars (if Bono remembers the words), Kite, Mysterious Ways (I love the song so much more now after hearing it live). I would love to hear Electrical Storm live, and In A Little While, as well as some of the Bomb songs they dropped somewhere along the tour like a better version of Miracle Drug and Original of the Species. Also keep the very old stuff which was a nice surprise at the Vertigo shows.

I don't care about Bullet, Pride, WOWY, etc. much, not even One at this stage, because I have so many recordings of One live, that, even though it's one of my favourite songs, I am getting tired of it (except maybe the orchestra versions).

Definitely drop:

All of ATYCLB
SYCMIOYO

Songs that need a reinvention or to be put in rotation:

SBS
NYD
One
WOWY
ISHFWILF
All I Want Is You
Bad
Desire
Angel of Harlem
Streets

Keep:

Vertigo
LAPOE
OOTS
Fast Cars
Zoo Station
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
One Tree Hill
Bullet (at least it gets reinvented each time)
Electric Co.
I Will Follow
UTEOTW

Bring back:

MOOOFOOO!!!
Discotheque
Do You Feel Loved (impossible, but they should give this one a try some day!)
EBTTRT
Dirty Day
HMTMKMKM
Daddy's Gonna Pay
Last Night on Earth
Exit
God Part II
Hawkmoon
Tommorrow

dream on... i doubt they will ever play mofo again!! lol

i heard that bullet is paul macs favourtie songs so u2 still continue to play it because paul mac loves hearing it

Keep:

Mysterious Ways
Vertigo
City of Blinding Lights
Streets
Still Haven't Found
With or Without You
The Fly
Zoo Station
Bullet

Drop:

One
Pride

Add:

Mofo
Acrobat
Love is Blindess
Gone
Hold Me, Thrill Me

add:
god part 2
hawkmoon 269
shadow and tall trees
exit
acrobat
WGRYWH
staring at the sun (acoustic edge and bono)
wake up dead man
stay
peace on earth

YOU CAN NEVER DROP ONE ITS THE SONG THAT SAVED THEM FROM COLLAPSING IN THE EARLY 90's

drop;
COBL
pride
sunday bloody sunday (unless they put more f'n energy into it, its so slow now)
Vertigo

keep

one
wowy

ultraviolet92 said:
dream on... i doubt they will ever play mofo again!! lol

Why? They almost played Mofo on Vertigo Tour, Edge said in an interview that they were indeed rehearsing it. Besides who would suppose that after Zoo TV we would hear Zoo Station ever again! All is really possible.

Zooropean103 said:

Why? They almost played Mofo on Vertigo Tour, Edge said in an interview that they were indeed rehearsing it. Besides who would suppose that after Zoo TV we would hear Zoo Station ever again! All is really possible.

i know but it wouldnt really suit u2's new style of music

mofo and miami are the most far away sound from u2 as possible
sure its possible but its very unlikely
i would love to see it live though:D

Pffft, just get them to play Achtung Baby in sequence... :drool:

Otherwise, definitely drop Pride. And tell Bono to stop yelling "Africa! Africa! Africa!" during Streets.

Playing Van Diemens Land or Seconds would be favourite, too... or MLK/Streets like at the Super Bowl show.

Of course, you do all realise that the majority of the people who go to U2 concerts probably have never even heard of most of the songs we've mentioned here (ZOMG TEG H3RETICZ!11!one!) so we can just keep dreaming, unless U2 announce like a "diehard fans only" or "Interference members only" tour.

Either way, people will complain about the setlist and song choices, so in the long run, what we've all said is about as relevant as one of Edge's guitar picks.

Drop:

-Pride..(when was the last time Bono sang it like on the Unforgettable fire album?)
-One..(for now on ,known as the Africa songs,which is as worst as being tag as for a commercial)
-Bullet..(doesnt get that much of a responce from the audience live,actually)
-Mysterious ways...(Enough of the "gimmick" woman on stage to dance)

Add:

-So cruel.(deserve the spotlight on a tour.)

-A celebration.(Fun,Fun Fun song..shake! shake shake!)

-Even better than the real thing(It needed a rest on the last tour,now deserve to be back on the next one)

-God's country..(not just a fraudy snippet,full song,full band)

Last edited:
Add: a sort of homecoming

I think that would have been a good idea for vertigo tour...it's like Bad and the elevation tour

The Sad Punk said:
Drop:
- One.

I'm actually not too sure how common this opinion is here, but whenever I forget this song exists, I feel much, much happier.

I retract what I said earlier about coolian's post. You win the thread.

If that song was never played again by anyone in any manner, I would not be sad.

Keep

-One
-With or without you (hopefully with LWTUA like Axver said.. it sounded great in Sydney and Melbourne)
-Beautiful Day
-COBL
-Love and Peace..
-Yahweh

I wouldn't mind if Streets, Bullet and SBS went into rotation, but were still played at most shows. There has been more of an overdose of those songs then there has of One.

Drop
-Pride
-Elevation
-Mysterious Ways
-Miss Sarajevo
-Sometimes you can't make it on your own
-Vertigo
-I will follow

Bring back (as regulars)
- Bad
- Walk on (full band)
- Kite (like it was played in Australia)
- All I want is you
- Angel of Harlem
-Exit
-In gods country

The Sad Punk said:
Drop:
- One.

I'm actually not too sure how common this opinion is here, but whenever I forget this song exists, I feel much, much happier.

I never even thought of dropping One. But now that I think about it, I didn't really enjoy the Vertigo version and I thought that the Popmart and Elevation versions were good, not great. But the ZOOTV version is amazing live because of Bono's voice. The falsetto "ahhhhh's" at the end sound spectaculor.

Eazy-V said:
I've given One about 2 months breathing time and have started listening to it again recently, and I've fallen in love with it again...

I don't think I'd listened to it for a year prior to U2 inflicting it upon me at seven gigs in November. It was an even worse song than I remembered.

Axver said:

I don't think I'd listened to it for a year prior to U2 inflicting it upon me at seven gigs in November. It was an even worse song than I remembered.

U2 should officially apologize for putting you through seven performances of One, I feel sorry for you.

:wink:

Axver said:

Couple of questions.

Do you hate 'One' just live or also the studio version?

What do you think of the ZOOTV Sydney version of 'One'?

:)

last unicorn said:
U2 should officially apologize for putting you through seven performances of One, I feel sorry for you.

:wink:

:lol: One fan I met at the second Auckland gig said it'd be interesting to make a concert documentary, including talking to the very first person who was denied entry to the inner ellipse zone due to it being full. He felt the look on their face would be classic.

Then when U2 played One, he took one look at my expression and said "that's the look!"

Infinitum98 said:
Couple of questions.

Do you hate 'One' just live or also the studio version?

What do you think of the ZOOTV Sydney version of 'One'?

:)

Well, to answer both questions at once, I think the only version of One remotely worth listening to is the Popmart Sarajevo version. I do think the live version is superior to the studio version as it has the only decent part of One: the "do you hear us coming?" verse. Bono sung that at some gigs I saw and that got a cheer from me rather than the scowl, crossed arms, and bored look that I had during the rest of the song's performance.

Maybe it's just me... but City of Blinding Lights & Where The Streets Have No Name are too similar in theme & feel & either both could be merged, or one of them dropped. Both great songs though. Ditto logic with Vertigo & Elevation.

Back
Top Bottom