Songs that you can't make up your mind on!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
Are there any U2 songs that you have conflicting feelings about? Songs that you absolutely enjoy listening to one day and find them boring the very next day? something like that... And of course, songs that you always consider mediocre no matter what the mood, don't apply. :wink:

The only one I can think of right now is Angel of Harlem... a song that I'm indifferent to, most of the time... but when I feel like listening to it, I really really enjoy it!

Zootlesque said:

The only one I can think of right now is Angel of Harlem... a song that I'm indifferent to, most of the time... but when I feel like listening to it, I really really enjoy it!

same here :ohmy: in fact I feel that way about most of Rattle and Hum :wink:

Elvis Presley and America. It's sort of a boring song but sometimes it really fits and I remember one time I really wanted to listen to it for some reason. If I'm in the mood for it, it's great.

all of the unforgrtable fire, i just cant seem to find its charm:eyebrow:

City of Blinding Lights
Walk On
Sometimes You can't make It On Your Own
God Part II

Besides The Joshua Tree and most of The Unforgettable Fire, a lot of the 80's stuff is hit and miss for me. :reject:

Sometimes I enjoy it, other times I find it all boring...

Re: Re: Songs that you can't make up your mind on!

AtomicBono said:

same here :ohmy: in fact I feel that way about most of Rattle and Hum :wink:

Elvis Presley and America. It's sort of a boring song but sometimes it really fits and I remember one time I really wanted to listen to it for some reason. If I'm in the mood for it, it's great.

:lol: I feel the same way about Elvis Presley... maybe because I feel it like a loose song, in the sense that it doesn't mean too much for me, although I know it has some meaning... I dunno, maybe I just don't understand it much :lol:

Mainly I still haven't found what I'm looking for, one day I like it, then the next I skip it when I listen to the Joshua Tree. The same can almost be said for I will follow

Streets -- and not even the live versions can do it for me.
Just can't get into it really.
I like it well enough, but it just doesn't make me feel anything. (Actually, it did once, and ever since then its been a bit of a let down.)

City of Blinding Lights

Disliked it at first, then it grew on me, now I can't decide what to make of it.

Queen Bee said:

Agreed, except I liked it at first, eventually got sick of it, and now I can't decide what to make of it. Lately I haven't been too impressed with it. I think it's overrated.
:yes:

I liked the album version when I first heard it, but after hearing all those live versions (which they pretty much screwed up imho) I do not like it so much at all.

Back
Top Bottom