Songs that should've been singles...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
KROQ and a few other alternative radio stations here in Southern California played Wild Honey after it made it's way to the Vanilla Sky soundtrack.

david said:
KROQ and a few other alternative radio stations here in Southern California played Wild Honey after it made it's way to the Vanilla Sky soundtrack.
David, what I find odd is that the song appeared during the movie (the scene in the bar), but isn't on the actual soundtrack itself. Why is that? Is it a hidden track or something?

Michael Griffiths said:

David, what I find odd is that the song appeared during the movie (the scene in the bar), but isn't on the actual soundtrack itself. Why is that? Is it a hidden track or something?

yeah, that is odd. so i guess radio just started playing it because it was a good song, like bullet the blue sky, and other non single songs that radio is fond of playing.

Boy - Stories For Boys
October - Tomorrow
War - Drowning Man
UF - A Sort of Homecoming (Bad would have been my choice except its length would not make it a likely candidate for a single)
JT - Running to Stand Still
RH - Heartland
Achtung Baby - Ultraviolet
Zooropa - The First Time (I would have chosen Zooropa, but like Bad it is simply too long to be considered single material)
Pop - Gone
ATYCLB - Kite

Gone, Gone, Gone

- in my opinion this is the best single that could have been, it is just such a great song and would of been really relevant- it would of been a great segway from the musical style of POP and then onto the next 'U2' new release ATYCLB, the song has a great feel musically and the lyrics are beautiful, I really do think that it would of been a hit and when I think of Disco I always shudder as to why this song was released as a single instead of Gone- someone at the record company has a lot to answer too.....

I also think that Heartland would of made a great single too, I think it would of been commercialy quite successful, however AIWIY was released as a single (and was hugely successful here in Australia) and I guess to have two ballady, softer kind of songs maybe just did not permit or was not part of the plan, anyways I still believe that Gone could of been one great single:)

boy - stories for boys
october - rejoice
war - like a song
unforgettable fire - wire
joshua tree - (the ones that have been released are ok)
rattle & hum - god part ii
achtung baby - ultraviolet
zooropa - ...crashed car
pop - gone and velvet dress instead of last night on earth and if god will send his angels
all that... - in a little while instead of elevation

DaveC said:
Does anyone else besides me think Love is Blindness could have been MASSIVE???

Without question! It could have been one of the great love anthems of its day, rather than just a song that those lucky enough to have the album got to hear.

*Red

Boy - none
October - Rejoice
War - none
The Unforgettable Fire - Wire
The Joshua Tree - Red Hill Mining Town
Rattle & Hum - Heartland
Achtung Baby - none
Zooropa - none
POP - Do You Feel Loved
ATYCLB - In a Little While

Boy - The Electric Co.
October - Stranger In A Strange Land
War - Like A Song
The Unforgattable Fire - Bad
The Joshua Tree - Red Hill Mining Town:heart:
Rattle & Hum - none
Achtung Baby - :bow:Until The End Of The World
Zooropa - Dirty Day
Pop - MOFO :dance:
ATYCLB - Kite

AH i forgot: yes, Light my way (ultraviolet) would also be a great single IMO.

DaveC said:
Does anyone else besides me think Love is Blindness could have been MASSIVE???

I don't know if it would have been, but it certainly should have been.

I remember back prolly in 94 or 95 I saw a figure skater do a routine to it.

Back
Top Bottom