Songs That Belong Together

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LCK

Acrobat
Some songs just sound great paired together- Beautiful Day and Elevation opened together for the entire tour and An Cat Dubh and Into the Heart have become almost inseperable. What other pairings of songs do you like (that currently exist) and others that you'd like to see?

My faves:

The new mix of Gone & UTEOTW on Best of 1990-2000
I Will Follow & Unforgettable Fire on Best of 1980-1990
triple play: Ultraviolet/ Acrobat/ Love is Blindness
Gloria/ I Fall Down on October

What I'd like to see: (esp in a live concert)

triple play: The Fly/ Ladyw/theSpinning Head/ Ultraviolet
All I Want Is You/ North and South of the River (Omagh version)
MOFO/ An Cat Dubh
Electric Co & 40 (to close a show)
One Tree Hill and Running to Stand Still

Miami / New York <---places

One / Two Hearts Beat As One / Three Sunrises <---1,2,3

Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses / Where Did It All Go Wrong / Do You Feel Loved <---questioning songs

Red Light / Your Blue Room <---colorful songs

Walk To The Water / Walk On <---walking songs

Grace / Johnny Swallow <---people

Electric Co / Electrical Storm <---lightning crashes

Dirty Day / New Day / Some Days Are Better Than Others / New Year's Day / Night And Day / Sunday Bloody Sunday / A Day Without Me <---speaking of days

If God Will Send His Angels / If You Wear That Velvet Dress <---hypothetical situations vocalized

Cheers,

J

Last edited:
Discotheque and Do You Feel Loved are paired together.

Discotheuqe is about going out and trying to find a partner, while Do You Feel Loved is coming to terms with what happened then (ie pregnancy i think)

Studio Songs:

Silver and Gold and Exit (as placed at the end right before Mothers of the Disappeared on my complete Joshua Tree. Nice ending to an album.

Live:

I remember LCK saying on 'Zootopia' *shudders*, that a great Live Triple Play would be

The Fly/Lady with the Spinning Head/Ultraviolet

That would be fucking fantastic. I loved that idea so much, I got all three songs and mixed them as a medley. I'd love to post it, along with some other U2 Medley's I made using some tracks. But I've lost them, along with ALL my 'Home-made' U2 stuff. (So called medley 'remixes' Cover Versions of song's I could do without Singing...'Bass Trap' 'Boomerang' and various instrumentals) Sod's law, when I can post them with a new broadband connection. They're all GONE!

RickFly said:
bullet the blue sky
running to stand still

joshua tree, some lovetown shows,and zoo tv tours

:yes:
I checked with God and this is how He intended it. :wink:

To me, Bullet the Blue Sky and Running to Stand Still go together like An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart.

Angel of Harlem and Wild Honey back2back would have a nice ring

Until the End of the World + Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me would work

Discotheque and the Fly would also be pretty cool to me..

I think if they played a full version of "First Time" into "Streets" it would be cool.....the fading out piano into the fading up of the organ....

ultraviolet - acrobat - love is blindness

rejoice - fire - tomorrow

please - wake up dead man

etc.

apparently someone didn't like my queen joke, 'cause it appears to be deleted.

i made a cd with an mp3 of each song off of every single studio album... the way it came out when i pop it in my car stereo player has a sort of a homecomming followed up by beautiful day... i always let those two play before i hit shuffle, 'cause i love how they sound together

I have an ever-changing playlist on my .wav file player... it's called "Quiet" and currently includes these songs:

If You Wear That Velvet Dress
Your Blue Room
Love Is Blindness
Bass Trap
Love Comes Tumbling
Endless Deep
Walk To the Water

total chill pieces there... great for making love to also.. };)~

or other things...

}:)~

goat

Until The End Of The World - Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses

Miami - Bullet The Blue Sky

The Fly - Mysterious Ways

Exit - In God's Country

Out Of Control - Sunday Bloody Sunday

Desire - All Along The Watchtower

Please - Where The Streets Have No Name

Kite - Gone

With Or Without You - Love Is Blindness

One - Walk On

Surrender - Two Hearts Beat As One

I Threw A Brick Through A Window - A Day Without Me

October - New Years Day

Angel Of Harlem - When Love Comes To Town

I Dream about this one.... One Tree Hill - Electrical Storm

Headache in a Suitcase- I replied to your joke (humourously, I didn't see any harm in it) but I guess my reply was deleted as well? I don't understand, I can certainly see abusive posts deleted etc but....???? Hope censorship isn't too tight around here cause I was really starting to like this place. :(

Salome / Lady With A Spinning Head / Mysterious Ways = all about the seduction of The Fly character by The Temptress. The Fly has already made the transformation and journey into Nighttown (Zoo Station = the beginning / the exhilaration of escape > The Fly = the completion / metamorphosis / ?what the wife doesn?t know won?t hurt her? > Even Better Than The Real Thing = footloose & fancy free / The Fly is on the fly! ? on the loose & lookin? for some action). Until The End / Night & Day / Wild Horses / So Cruel = the affair has turned sour ? betrayal / obsession / stalking / begging / heartache / desperation / despair. Acrobat / One / Ultraviolet / Love Is Blindness = after stumbling and crawling home in Tryin? To Throw Your Arms?. he now has to face the consequences of his actions and a marriage that is already ?on the rocks.? Can they repair the damage? Will they stay together?

Lemon- (fade into) Discotheque- Mysterious Ways- UTEOTW- BTBS- One Tree Hill- WTSHNN

As the encore to close a show!

Or maybe:

Discotheque- Ultraviolet (LMW)- With or Without You- Still Haven't Found- RTSS- Streets

Originally posted by
To me, Bullet the Blue Sky and Running to Stand Still go together like An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart.

Too right. I feel the same way about October --> New Year's Day and I Threw A Brick Through A Window --> A Day Without Me.

I also like the combinations of 11 O'clock Tick Tock/I Will Follow, Please/Where The Streets Have No Name, and Elevation/Beautiful Day. I'd love to see Walk On/40.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooooh. Totally Forgot I Threw A Brick/A Day Without Me. Despite them having totally different rythm and speed (making for a rather undesirable segue between tracks on one too many occasions) they go together like Bread and Butter.

Back
Top Bottom