Songs of Songs, Books & Fat Puns - New Album Discussion #8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 4 hours left on the audiobook. He really goes into depth on his activism in the early 2000s and puts into perspective the work he had to do and leaders he had to meet to get things done. But he also acknowledges how much time it kept him from the band.

nsw-2.jpeg

i'm really proud of you

Two stories I did not know that I absolutely loved hearing on the audiobook

Ali hiding under Bono's bed

The story about the break-ins and the thieves admitting it decades later

Soon is as good as confirmed as being a part of songs of ascents plays in the audiobook and Bono says ‘that’s our song of ascent, Soon, we should release that’.

Only a couple hours into the audiobook, but so far it's one of the most lyrically beautiful memoirs I've ever read. Bono can write. Different from Bruce's (which I consider to be superb), not quite so linear (forgive the pun), but somehow the real person coming through more so than in Springsteen's book. The way Bono is telling this story may less comprehensive, but it nonetheless feels like we're getting a more complete picture of who he is.

More than anything, this book is making me want to revisit the last two records from a new perspective.

There won’t be an announcement and there won’t be an album

They’ll get cold feet the songs aren’t good enough and all we’ll have is the snippets on the audiobook

Yep. Idk, something really tells me this thing ain't coming out.

It makes zero sense to wait this long. It should have been done before the book came out, or the day of, or the first day of the book tour. Friday is literally the very last day it makes sense to come out.

If it isn't out Friday, it's not coming out. And I don't think it's coming out.

It makes zero sense to wait this long. It should have been done before the book came out, or the day of, or the first day of the book tour. Friday is literally the very last day it makes sense to come out.

That's not the case. Just surprised they didn't announce it already.

Why does U2Songs LIE?? :sad:

I haven't seen any physical evidence that these vinyl records exist.

If you wait for your own physical evidence to believe anything you are completely undermining the scientific method.

I don’t have any physical evidence that China exists. But it probably does.

If you wait for your own physical evidence to believe anything you are completely undermining the scientific method.

I don’t have any physical evidence that China exists. But it probably does.

There's plenty of physical evidence that China exists.

I would say trusting one U2 website that has a spotty record with rumors is also undermining the scientific method ;)

I would say trusting one U2 website that has a spotty record with rumors is also undermining the scientific method ;)

I’m sure there is, but I haven’t seen it. For example, just because a plate says made in China - I mean - THEY could be telling us that to keep us under the control of the covid vaccine.

Believing is also a strong word. You spoke in absolutes about it not coming out. There is a chance that physical copies don’t exist, sure. But my point still stands - in a world where you aren’t entitled to or able to see physical evidence of everything you will be required to believe to function as a human, you need a method of interrogating the trustworthiness of a source or claim. In this case, just because you used the word “spotty” doesn’t make that true - they actually have a phenomenal record with rumours. In U2’s most unpredictable period they nailed the SOE release info. Does that mean U2 themselves don’t change their minds? Of course not. But when U2songs report something, they have multiple independent sources confirming it to them. I trust that more than some rando on a fan site doomsdaying for shits and gigs. Just saying.

Except they don’t have a spotty record. They’re the most reliable site from this fanbase that I can remember.

Also, we all know China isn’t the country that might not actually exist. It’s this “Australia” we keep hearing about.

I’m sure there is, but I haven’t seen it. For example, just because a plate says made in China - I mean - THEY could be telling us that to keep us under the control of the covid vaccine.

Believing is also a strong word. You spoke in absolutes about it not coming out. There is a chance that physical copies don’t exist, sure. But my point still stands - in a world where you aren’t entitled to or able to see physical evidence of everything you will be required to believe to function as a human, you need a method of interrogating the trustworthiness of a source or claim. In this case, just because you used the word “spotty” doesn’t make that true - they actually have a phenomenal record with rumours. In U2’s most unpredictable period they nailed the SOE release info. Does that mean U2 themselves don’t change their minds? Of course not. But when U2songs report something, they have multiple independent sources confirming it to them. I trust that more than some rando on a fan site doomsdaying for shits and gigs. Just saying.

nice well written, gonna keep doomsdaying :applaud:

I mean obviously I'm just fucking with y'all, I'm just extremely bitter that these boys prove time and time again that they're going to make decisions that are bewildering, especially since they contrast with the rumors we've heard so far. I love the idea of letting Bono's autobiography breathe, but also, it sounds like these are very much companion piece songs, especially as there is the literal name tie in.

I just don't see any value on letting this any further away from the autobiography

Except they don’t have a spotty record. They’re the most reliable site from this fanbase that I can remember.

Also, we all know China isn’t the country that might not actually exist. It’s this “Australia” we keep hearing about.

It’s true - I’m just a bot that is born out of nonsense phrases. Bonzer, mate.

Seriously though, wtf is a “shrimp”?

U2songs have reported multiple times that it is pressed and physically exists.

Bono also talked about Edge’s bald head being n the cover. Nevertheless, nothing is real in U2 world until it’s been officially announced.

It makes no sense that this album wasn’t released before the book. It quotes lyrics that don’t exist ffs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom