Songs of Innocence Promo Tour - Discussion Thread #2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on the songs that have been played so far, I would like to see electric versions of Every Breaking Wave and Cedarwood Road.

Bonos gotta start running and build up that stamina. I feel out of breath watching him.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Song for Someone was amazing. Much better than album version in my opinion. Not surprised with the buzz it might generate.

The band told us they were going to do an acoustic promo. So not surprising. Glad they're doing it now versus more on the tour ?

Bono again saying SOE will be out next year. Really hope that this happens. It would make the most sense to release it right before the tour starts or during yes?

Amazing, SFS is unbelievable acoustic, this album is growing and growing, to me a mature version of Boy. And when did U2.com become an actual timely communication vehicle?

Anyone have a download link for the Jo Whiley show? I'd appreciate it.
Thanks.
Edit: Nevermind; found one.

Bono again saying SOE will be out next year. Really hope that this happens. It would make the most sense to release it right before the tour starts or during yes?

Did he say next year? How would you squeeze songs for SOI and SOE in the same set list and include other songs? You'd have to have atleast a 3 hr show. Guessing a mid tour release to cycle back through. Did anyone catch the sample SOE lyrics? The tug and pull between SOI and SOE sounds riveting.

Did he say next year? How would you squeeze songs for SOI and SOE in the same set list and include other songs? You'd have to have atleast a 3 hr show. Guessing a mid tour release to cycle back through. Did anyone catch the sample SOE lyrics? The tug and pull between SOI and SOE sounds riveting.

Probably do what they did during the Zoo TV Tour when they were touring behind both Achtung Baby and Zooropa. A bulk of each new albums songs sandwiching the classics. They could play roughly 7 or 8 Songs of Innocence songs, play some old classics, then finish the shows with songs from Songs of Experience I suppose.

Probably do what they did during the Zoo TV Tour when they were touring behind both Achtung Baby and Zooropa. A bulk of each new albums songs sandwiching the classics. They could play roughly 7 or 8 Songs of Innocence songs, play some old classics, then finish the shows with songs from Songs of Experience I suppose.

Bingo, never thought we'd see something like that era of creativity again and I'm glad SOE is concrete and not some pipe dream like SOA was.

Wow! That Stuck In A Moment on Jo Whiley was phenomenal. I think they've finally found out to play it live, I wouldn't at all mind if they played it like that on the tour. It's not too poppy like on elevation and the album, or boring like on 360. It's a perfect blend between the two.

Just heard the songs from the show tonight... damn, sounds good. They are almost there with figuring out Miracle live. The extra drum fills from Larry really help... will be a killer show opener.

And SFS sounds AMAZING acoustic, that was so good.

I felt Bono was singing the first verse of Stuck a little bit too rough and forceful but then everything smoothed out. It was a great performance. I'd really love to hear them pull out a version of Bad acoustically that mirrors Bonos vocal performance of the UF album version. I bet he could pull it off now.

I felt Bono was singing the first verse of Stuck a little bit too rough and forceful but then everything smoothed out. It was a great performance. I'd really love to hear them pull out a version of Bad acoustically that mirrors Bonos vocal performance of the UF album version. I bet he could pull it off now.

I have heard Bad so many times at this point after listening to SOI...I want all of SOI in concert. This album is not a greatest hits tour. This album is we are still great tour.

Bad is still amazing live because it hasn't been overplayed. A U2 concert feels a lot more special whenever its is played, but if it was played every night it would lose that magic to it. Other classics like One and WOWY need to go the same way as Bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom