Songs of Innocence Promo Tour - Discussion Thread #2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the next European promotion tour is going to be jools (tomorrow) and the Germany acoustic sessions, maybe next week they are going to be in Ireland to close out the Europe promo tour.

Looks like Zane Lowe has many friends on Inferference.

I don't know the dude. only saw him in like.. One interview with the band durig their NLOTH promo tour. Ojeah and Glasto. I've seen much worse.
What does he do wrong apart from yapping too much?

I mean. Bono would never do something like that.
be exited and yapping about , tsk :tsk:

:wink:

I never made it to the end, it was pretty painful listening, as per usual with that guy. There's only so much forced laughter and awkward moments I can take. I was surprised to hear that it just ended suddenly. I mean it seemed to be clearly edited highlights of an earlier recording made to slot in songs at appropriate moments but the fact he had to point out it was finished almost like he forgot sounds really sloppy. Too wrapped up in that bloody Drive soundtrack, clearly.

I've always found Zane Lowe to be a complete tosser on the tv/radio. He just seems incapable of asking a straightforward question. He tries way too hard be clever and introduces any question with a 'profound' thought. And the man was talking to Bono for god's sake! He just seems incapable of keeping it relaxed and not pointing out whatever opinion he has on a subject before letting someone else get a word in...I thought the whole point of interviewing someone is to just get them to open up and talk and whatever rather than exhibit how much you know and finish their sentences for them.

@u2 tweeted the following rumor. Does anyone know more about this?

atu2 @atu2

Hearing rumors that U2’s Germany appearance Friday is mid-afternoon, then band will fly to Dublin for live RTE Late Late Show that night.

I understand the Tuesday episode is live, then the Friday episode has some extras also taped on Tuesday but not broadcast live.

Looks like Zane Lowe has many friends on Inferference.

I don't know the dude. only saw him in like.. One interview with the band durig their NLOTH promo tour. Ojeah and Glasto. I've seen much worse.
What does he do wrong apart from yapping too much?

:wink:

He's the kind of guy who uses every question setup as an opportunity to namedrop, self promote and show how hip and in-the-know he is. He's never honestly asking a question of the subject--it's all to showcase Zane.

Zane Lowe tweeted

@U2ThreeChords @U2 we gave the last word to Bono. Simple. Nothing more.

Zane Lowe tweeted

@U2ThreeChords @U2 we gave the last word to Bono. Simple. Nothing more.

I just found time to listen now. Had to tune down Zane a couple of times, because it was just TOO MUCH, man. It was ok most of the time, even though nothing really new was said, but I kind of hated how he tried to suck up to U2 by saying that he's been a life long fan and that Bono was one of the best songwriters and stuff like that.

I loved when Bono said: Bloody noses look good on us :lol:

Just heard iris on radio 2,and every breaking wave yesterday. So what's the next single then?!

Sent from my HTC One using U2 Interference mobile app

EBW is the next single.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

The acoustic version, album cut, beach clip or the 360 tour live version?

Even though I posted that question as a joke, I hope someone starts a thread asking that question and we can sit back and watch the massive arguments that would ensue. I would even be willing to throw the first stone and say that the song wreaks of homomania. Then you could come in and post about how you hope the video contains ghosts and that Adam should smash his bass on top of the drum kit.

Also, I would put the over/under for the first post about Mercy at page 2.

Even though I posted that question as a joke, I hope someone starts a thread asking that question and we can sit back and watch the massive arguments that would ensue. I would even be willing to throw the first stone and say that the song wreaks of homomania. Then you could come in and post about how you hope the video contains ghosts and that Adam should smash his bass on top of the drum kit.

I hope it's the acoustic version.

You forgot to mention the release method. The rumblings are that the single will be automatically downloaded via telepathy into the cerebrum of every person on Earth (of course some people will have more space available than others).

Peoples of the Planet Earth: This is outrageous! How dare U2 put an unwanted record into my auditory cortex!

Interference: EBW is in my brain! U2's song in my head is now in my mind, taking up space in the maze of my imagination! Coolness! I don't know what the ungrateful babies are complaining about, if they don't like the new record all they have to do is have it deleted by their brain surgeon. In ten years this will be seen as groundbreaking.

Twitter: U2 sux. Amirite?!!!??

The Miracle (Full band electric)
EBW (Acoustic)
Things to Make & Do

Tonight's set so I'm told.

In other news, iOS 8.1 automagically downloaded to my phone this morning without asking me 10 times if I was sure. They even had the nerve to update my phone with features I didn't even ask for. I flung my phone out the window onto the highway in disgust.

Sent from my ass crack

In other news, iOS 8.1 automagically downloaded to my phone this morning without asking me 10 times if I was sure. They even had the nerve to update my phone with features I didn't even ask for. I flung my phone out the window onto the highway in disgust.

:lol:

Sent from my ass crack

Why have you got an IPhone? I've just bought the Note4 and it puts the IPhone 6 to shame!

Sent from my SM-N910F using U2 Interference mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom