Songs of Innocence - Album Discussion Pt.2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GREAT song...the backlash is because it's the first single and it's in the vein of Vertigo/GOYB...but completely different...:rockon:

I've played this song the most...and I can't get it out of my head. Love the simple chanting chorus...:yes:

:lol: in the same vein as Vertigo/GOYB?

Huge difference:

Vertigo very good song, played great as a lead single... transposed incredibly live... great song for a commercial.

Miracle Excellent song, great as a lead single .... will melt our faces off in concert.... another great ad song

Boots a steaming pile of dog (no offense) Sr. Poop shiite, that was an embarrassing idea that flopped on every level. This song was so bad a great band like U2 couldn't have made this abortion a hit. Worst idea of lead single.... thank god it wasn't tied to an ad... ... and as much as this pains me was ok live.

Still possibly the absolute worse U2 song that was plopped in the middle of some good if not outstanding tunes. See MOS.

SOI still very strong with me... listening to every song still, great great album.... to me it was the perfect album at the most perfect time of U2 s career

On that note...would u2 ever entertain the idea of adding a female voice to the band? She could sing troubles each night and add backup on many other songs...especially from this album

So where do I apply for THAT job? ;)

Seriously, I can't even go 24 hrs without listening to at least one or more tracks. New album euphoria aside, this album is going to be right up there with AB and JT for me...something I never dreamed I'd say. (I liked NLOTH at first but was skipping tracks within the first week....) Amazing job lads. Can't wait to see the tour!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

On that note...would u2 ever entertain the idea of adding a female voice to the band? She could sing troubles each night and add backup on many other songs...especially from this album

They could do what Snow Patrol did on tour with that one song......fuck I'm too lazy to look up the name of the song.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Would love to see them not only have the backup singer but rhythm guitar player and keyboard too.

One of the things that has helped them maintain their credibility as a current, great live band, and not descend into a Stones-esque dinosaur nostalgia act is that it, for the most part, is still the four of them each night, playing it all on stage. No shadow musicians incase Edge flubs a solo, nothing but them (and terry) for better or worse. The essence of live music is in human error. Otherwise you may as well gather in a field and watch Bono press play on a CD player (and too much 'live' music is eerily close to this).

Huge difference:

Vertigo very good song, played great as a lead single... transposed incredibly live... great song for a commercial.

Miracle Excellent song, great as a lead single .... will melt our faces off in concert.... another great ad song

Boots a steaming pile of dog (no offense) Sr. Poop shiite, that was an embarrassing idea that flopped on every level. This song was so bad a great band like U2 couldn't have made this abortion a hit. Worst idea of lead single.... thank god it wasn't tied to an ad... ... and as much as this pains me was ok live.

Still possibly the absolute worse U2 song that was plopped in the middle of some good if not outstanding tunes. See MOS.

SOI still very strong with me... listening to every song still, great great album.... to me it was the perfect album at the most perfect time of U2 s career

I agree about Vertigo and The Miracle. As for Boots, I don't think it was as bad as you say but yes, it was not lead single worthy(IMO). With that said, the lyrics were just cringe worthy and while it had a pretty cool beat to it, that wasn't enough to save the song. It was very average and it never grew on me. The video was also crap, which didn't help as the visualization of the music just made it worse.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Rubbish. They use a ton of memorex. The Stones use people. Same end result but the what you hear is far from just the sound of 4 musicians. It's been that way since the UF tour.

Rubbish. They use a ton of memorex. The Stones use people. Same end result but the what you hear is far from just the sound of 4 musicians. It's been that way since the UF tour.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k6aZPb1hRYk

This is funny but your right, there is an army of people that are playing along with them....lol

If Billy Joel says it, it has to be true! Unless he's been drinking, then we best get off the road and off of Long Island.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Huge difference:

:up:

For Troubles Live why not pre record Lykke Li like they did Lou Reed and The Astronout, it fits their tradition.

Hopefully it's one of the songs that makes the live cut, and if so, I'm sure they will do something like that, with hopefully their paths crossing a few times along the way. I really hope they do it with her somewhere (soon) outside the tour as well, one of the inevitable upcoming tv shows or something - great for that format and a great balance to the singles they're going to push.

For Troubles Live why not pre record Lykke Li like they did Lou Reed and The Astronout, it fits their tradition.

For all we know, she's already recorded something for them to use in the live shows, like Lou Reed in ZooTV. Guess we'll wait and see what the tour brings.

For all we know, she's already recorded something for them to use in the live shows, like Lou Reed in ZooTV. Guess we'll wait and see what the tour brings.

She said when the album dropped she heard the song for the first time along with everyone else (and also had no idea it was coming, or that the song was going to be on it) so she obviously hasn't done anything with it yet. Hope they can work something out, because if it doesn't quite work the way they want, they won't play it, which would be a huge shame.

It truly is a big experiment for everyone involved. I have low expectations that the physical release will be huge but who knows, perhaps a few people who are enjoying it and not posting hate on twitter will actually buy a copy.

I've been trying to think of reasons why the acoustic session number if tracks can't be locked down yet, and I can only think it is because they are worried it will go too long. Now Bono has said Invisible will be there somewhere... Will be interesting to see a confirmed track list on U2.com soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom