Songs Of Experience XII : RIP U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What do you expect this Friday at the IHeartRadio festival?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo, all of this in the interview? I doubt he said anything about it but... timeline?

Oh, and RS put that article with the "definitely not coming this year" quote up on their website.

So can we assume they are finalising the tracklisting or is that being a bit eager? They haven't been working on SOE for the past 2 months...

Sent from my SM-G930F using U2 Interference mobile app

So, Lead Me In The Way I Should Go became The Morning After Innocence then became The Little Things That Give You Away.... they love the long titles!

Well we know they are down to the final 16 songs. To whittle that down to 11 and put finishing touches on SHOULD only take a few months, which means finished in Dec for Feb release, tour in... April?

I'm sure Guy O. can convince them to release all 16. A 12-song album, plus a deluxe edition with 4 extra songs. :rolleyes:

This is all very positive considering where we were over the last 24-48 hours. Still no answers on new music this week...

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Just finished the program. It's a good watch, full of Bonoisms new and old but it was nice to see him in a new interview.

A lot of nugget's have been mentioned already but Bono also teased a bit on the theme of SOE after Charlie directly asked about it. He at first said he shouldn't yet be talking about this, but then said that the theme was inspired by the passing of their good friend/famed Irish poet Seamus Heaney and advice another poet (Brendan Kennelly) once gave to him: "write as if you're dead."

So on this next album, a lot are written from the perspective that they're gone, the ego's gone and these songs are standing as lasting messages. He's written songs to his kids, his friends, Ali, and to himself (though initially unbeknownst) .

He also said 'The Morning After Innocence' is a big theme of the album although it's now under a new name ("The Little Things That Give You Away"). His quote "16 (tracks) on the cooker" could be interpreted as they're just down to choosing the final mixes and track-listing. I really feel we're at the start of the next promo tour. He looked and sounded great, too.

Bono also teased a bit on the theme of SOE after Charlie directly asked about it. He at first said he shouldn't yet be talking about this, but then said that the theme was inspired by the passing of their good friend/famed Irish poet Seamus Heaney and advice another poet (Brendan Kennelly) once gave to him: "write as if you're dead."

So on this next album, a lot are written from the perspective that they're gone, the ego's gone and these songs are standing as lasting messages. He's written songs to his kids, his friends, Ali, and to himself (though initially unbeknownst) .
Very interesting.

A lot of nugget's have been mentioned already but Bono also teased a bit on the theme of SOE after Charlie directly asked about it. He at first said he shouldn't yet be talking about this, but then said that the theme was inspired by the passing of their good friend/famed Irish poet Seamus Heaney and advice another poet (Brendan Kennelly) once gave to him: "write as if you're dead."

Wasn't it published somewhere that SOE was about their rise to fame after Live Aid? Or was that just presumption from the reporter?

Very interesting regarding the theme and idea. Makes me think it's going to be the last one, though. :(

Wasn't it published somewhere that SOE was about their rise to fame after Live Aid? Or was that just presumption from the reporter?

I do remember reading that somewhere too but can't seem to find it now. It's possible the album's tone has shifted with recent writings or that the reporter was referring to a specific song or the general 'setting' of the album.

In any case Bono's comments tonight stuck out to me so I wanted to share here for those who couldn't watch. SOE seems agin to be coming from another really personal place. I'm intrigued.

It was presumption based on SOI kind of ending in the mid 80s. There was also an assumption that SOE represented the 90s and that SOA would represent the 2000s/end of the band

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Just making sure: these quotes from the interview (16 songs etc) are real, or is that you being sarcastic? Could be both ;)
I'll assume he said that for now. Still doesn't tell us much. How far along are they on those 16 songs? What about the supposed remixes? What it does confirm though is that Edge is the one who's unhappy. Yet again... And we have a confirmation of the tour. That is if we trust Bono's word :wink:

Thanks so much to those sharing interview snippets. Really appreciate it!
All in all its been a positive day! The cheeky buggers were messing with us all along.

Sent from my SM-G920I using U2 Interference mobile app

The only thing we know for sure now is that Charlie Rose is not an Interferencer. He didn't ask about the cat.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using U2 Interference mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom