Songs Of Experience XII : RIP U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What do you expect this Friday at the IHeartRadio festival?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, without insider knowledge I am almost 100% certain they've been rehearsing. Terry blocked out about 3 weeks until the gig for rehearsal time and the full band was known to be in LA most of last week. Despite their Instagram, they didn't all meet up two weeks early to sightsee and exercise. LA is full of sound stages/studios small and large, I don't think the lack of rehearsal leaks are cause for concern.

U2 is sharing the Vegas venue with a slew of other artists. I don't think they'll be rehearsing there until the day of or before. And even at that, it'll likely just be a quick soundcheck with their guitar/drum/backing techs.

Stay positive peeps!

this! :up: plenty of places for them to rehearse without people gathering outside, and like you said they're sharing a revolving stage with a bunch of other people, it's not like they can hog the venue in the week beforehand.

Still got my hopes up that The Edge/Clayton/Mullen/Lawless are hard at it this week in Bono's absence and something's on the way.

Would you rather me use Bruce Springsteen? He's 67

It wasn't really a comparison anyways. Just a half drunk observation about how skiddish U2 have become in their fruitless obsession to remain hip and cool with the kids.

A guy that's just toured behind a 35 year old album and whose last "album" was a bunch of leftovers has confidence in the new material ?

BTW why are we compating a 67 year old, a pack of 55ish year olds with someone in her twenties and argualby the biggest female artist in the world ? She sells period. Not hard being confident with that kind of popularity.

Last edited:
Willing to bet they close with 40 with multiple tie ins of reasoning

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

ooooh, good call !

That would make long time U2 fans quite happy but in an event such as this, my bet would be that they close with One or ISHFWILF

Eh, without insider knowledge I am almost 100% certain they've been rehearsing. Terry blocked out about 3 weeks until the gig for rehearsal time and the full band was known to be in LA most of last week. Despite their Instagram, they didn't all meet up two weeks early to sightsee and exercise. LA is full of sound stages/studios small and large, I don't think the lack of rehearsal leaks are cause for concern.

U2 is sharing the Vegas venue with a slew of other artists. I don't think they'll be rehearsing there until the day of or before. And even at that, it'll likely just be a quick soundcheck with their guitar/drum/backing techs.

Stay positive peeps!

this is just too logical for this Forum! :hyper:

Mine is still up on SoundCloud. I Eq'd, cleaned it up, evened out the erratic sound levels, and took out the crowd clapping (mostly) which helps to hear the bridge section better.

enjoy

https://soundcloud.com/user-112733010/the-thing-that-is-best

THANK YOU!!! I Have been missing the whole song since it was taken off a lot of the interwebs. I think the reason it is still up on yours is because you disguised the name and make no reference to the artists! It is the clips of this song that inspired me (that and 2 very strong margaritas) to buy tix to the sold out iHeart show.
Unlike many people, I LOVE this song. Love Bono's vocal, love the positive vibe, and yes even Kygo's remix. But then I am known to like what they call "chill EDM" or something like that.

I think the biggest different between the Kygo mix and the single mix (aside from the obvious extended dance part) will be the chorus. I cant see them keeping that stereotypical thing where nearly everything but the vocal drops out

A guy that's just toured behind a 35 year old album and whose last "album" was a bunch of leftovers has confidence in the new material ?

BTW why are we compating a 67 year old, a pack of 55ish year olds with someone in her twenties and argualby the biggest female artist in the world ? She sells period. Not hard being confident with that kind of popularity.
Ohhhh you :kiss:

Perhaps you missed the "it wasn't really a comparison" line.

There will be shamrocks and shenanigans at the iheart music festival when B-Dawg and his crew kill it on stage with their phat beats. It's gonna be sick.

Sooo....... not tuesday

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using U2 Interference mobile app

Not only are we not hearing new music, there is no official news to report on new single/album. No news promoting the gig from U2s camp...no buzz, nothing !!!:crack:

Not only are we not hearing new music, there is no official news to report on new single/album. No news promoting the gig from U2s camp...no buzz, nothing !!!:crack:

Not sure if Bono is back in LA yet, but possibly very quiet because they will be rehearsing their asses off for the next 2 days before the show...

Would be awesome to get a couple cryptic Instagrams of them during rehearsal, maybe a super quick sound clip, anything that could let us know anything. ugh. Anything but a museum, sunset, or fair food.

Has U2 even confirmed that they were playing iHeart? Even once? All of the promo has been through iHeart communications as far as i know.

I mean, what if instead of Adam jogging or visiting a museum, he instead said "5 more days until U2 play iHeart" or something.

I think the biggest different between the Kygo mix and the single mix (aside from the obvious extended dance part) will be the chorus. I cant see them keeping that stereotypical thing where nearly everything but the vocal drops out

You bring up a really interesting question. We already heard what must have been an early mix of the single version in the beach clip (was it accepted that it was distinct from the kygo mix?), and they seemed to preserve that drop-chorus.

It might be tricky to replicate live when it's really an edm trope, and I think that might the deciding factor in if it's in the single mix. But I think they can pull it off, it'll just be a little more sparse (without the bells and whistles associated with someone like kygo).

Anyway, I hope they stick to that edm style as closely as possible, I loved that subdued, almost anti-climactic chorus, it doesn't insist upon itself, and as someone put it earlier in the thread, gives it an effortlessly catchy vibe.

If you knew that one of skittles in the bowl had the chance to make you hate u2, would you still grab a hand full? Or something like that? ;)

I can't wait until their master plan is revealed and we all say "Ahhh, that's why Adam chose to send us random photos from art galleries ! Oh, that's why Edge showed us his pickle from the fair !

It wasn't so random after all !

Has U2 even confirmed that they were playing iHeart? Even once? All of the promo has been through iHeart communications as far as i know.

I mean, what if instead of Adam jogging or visiting a museum, he instead said "5 more days until U2 play iHeart" or something.

Yes. It's on their Facebook page as an event

I can't wait until their master plan is revealed and we all say "Ahhh, that's why Adam chose to send us random photos from art galleries ! Oh, that's why Edge showed us his pickle from the fair !

Perhaps Edge will get his pickle out on stage?!

this is what makes me think they're trying to keep pretty quiet on their end for maximum impact Friday. iHeartRadio are obviously going to say "hey we've bagged U2"as it's quite a coup but there's probably nothing in the contract that says U2 must paste it all over their social media.

and if they've got a big comeback tied in with some exclusive reveal of something, it makes sense for them to make no noise whatsoever besides the facebook event and let the occasional bit of hype trickle out from the festival itself. drives the hardcore fans mad but to the world at large, they're still essentially off the radar and any new single/album release will be a bigger surprise/get more press.

I for one hope that none of it has to do with pickles. But I also hope that on Friday, we will be saying Daaaaaaaaamn, It was worth the wait!!

Yes. It's on their Facebook page as an event

That's not necessarily a big promo push.

If i didn't go to the "event" section, i wouldn't have even seen it. It should be front and center as soon as you get on the page.

Random thought - when is the last time Bono was seen with Ali? Heaps of photos of him over the last week or so at events etc. haven't seen one of him and the missus.

If i didn't go to the "event" section, i wouldn't have even seen it. It should be front and center as soon as you get on the page.

You asked if they had confirmed it even once. I answered. What do you want from me?

I don't think that we need a spoken confirmation that they are doing a show that they are booked for. I haven't heard Sia or Drake or anyone saying they will be there. It just is what it is. I do hear them list the lineup on the radio including U2.
We just are antsy after hearing RD's rumor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom