Songs Of Experience XII : RIP U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What do you expect this Friday at the IHeartRadio festival?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
gonna be a long week here on interference

Already is... if you count last weekend...

For what it's worth, an iHeart service deal / exclusive content arrangement may be good for Apple too... more exposure to the kids who then make back catalog purchases on iTunes... sometimes the more players in the market helps the total market grow.

Bey and Jay Z upset it's not with Tidal...??

just noticed u2.com had nothing about either of the upcoming gigs. If you click on the "tours" section it still had all the I+E dates, some of which were 16 month ago. Worst band website ever? I mean, come on...

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Well, don't they announce upcoming dates a few days before it starts? :hmm:

gonna be a long week here on interference

0d4e26760427d1e94e17ff05bdd683a7e74014542045b08f68fa2bd5e7804a17.jpg

Thanks for re-posting... 'tis a catchy tune destined for some serious airplay.

That said, it makes me think if U2 have a crack team of social media / Interwebs bulletin board police, wouldn't this clip been removed or requested to be removed by now if they did not want it out here?

Maybe they made the request to remove it and I missed a post?

Dunno, some things just aren't adding up for me... a cat video comes down or gets changed on Instagram, but this stays up with 2,800+ listens?

Very well could be operator error and I missed a bunch of posts and information.

Damn it's catchy !!

I assume this isn't the version on the album. I wonder how different the album version is.:hmm:

this is sort of a chiller Discoteche.

Thanks for re-posting... 'tis a catchy tune destined for some serious airplay.

That said, it makes me think if U2 have a crack team of social media / Interwebs bulletin board police, wouldn't this clip been removed or requested to be removed by now if they did not want it out here?

Maybe they made the request to remove it and I missed a post?

Dunno, some things just aren't adding up for me... a cat video comes down or gets changed on Instagram, but this stays up with 2,800+ listens?

Very well could be operator error and I missed a bunch of posts and information.
It was removed from almost everywhere. This one has just survived. For now.

So I think there is an easy identifier to know what is coming (at least this week and I would argue 2016$:

U2 always rehearses prior to a gig, let alone a non-U2 show where they have been off for nearly a year. Typically they rehearse at the venue where they will be playing.

There are people here who always post the songs they hear being rehearsed but based on recent reports, they have not yet rehearsed. I would have to believe that they will be rehearsing either today or tomorrow in which case....wouldn't someone report the songs played?

They sure as hell are not going to play a new song without rehearsing it and doing so in the venue where they would be debuting it.

I was on side "album 2016" but now I'm starting to feel 2017 is more likely(not ruling out 2016 just yet)

There's something happening at the Live Nation building on Hollywood BLVD right now. Traffic is blocked, and they have a lot of extra security. As far as I know, Obama, Trump and Hillary are all in other parts of the country. It's probably nothing, but you never know.

Of such thin gruel are our meals made.

Just now hearing from someone in the building that they were told at Live Nation that it's a Senator, but my source said that it seems like a cover for someone bigger. So probably not us. It's probably Trump. :/

Sorry for the probably false alarm.

What if it's just Bono and Edge doing acoustic

Stuck
SBS
IALW
EBW

There's also a 20 minute speech on Africa

Adam is only in LA for an art show
Larry is in LA to fix his face

I doubt it will happen but I'd love to see that the new album is available right after there performance at the IHeArt radio show . Only available if you choose to download it. Then again, I highly doubt that will happen.

Eh, without insider knowledge I am almost 100% certain they've been rehearsing. Terry blocked out about 3 weeks until the gig for rehearsal time and the full band was known to be in LA most of last week. Despite their Instagram, they didn't all meet up two weeks early to sightsee and exercise. LA is full of sound stages/studios small and large, I don't think the lack of rehearsal leaks are cause for concern.

U2 is sharing the Vegas venue with a slew of other artists. I don't think they'll be rehearsing there until the day of or before. And even at that, it'll likely just be a quick soundcheck with their guitar/drum/backing techs.

Stay positive peeps!

So I think there is an easy identifier to know what is coming (at least this week and I would argue 2016$:

U2 always rehearses prior to a gig, let alone a non-U2 show where they have been off for nearly a year. Typically they rehearse at the venue where they will be playing.

There are people here who always post the songs they hear being rehearsed but based on recent reports, they have not yet rehearsed. I would have to believe that they will be rehearsing either today or tomorrow in which case....wouldn't someone report the songs played?

They sure as hell are not going to play a new song without rehearsing it and doing so in the venue where they would be debuting it.

I was on side "album 2016" but now I'm starting to feel 2017 is more likely(not ruling out 2016 just yet)

If we knew where they were rehearsing, maybe. But we don't.

So, popular tweets for U2 are: 1. stupid people who 2 years later haven't figured out how to remove music they don't like fromt heir phone AND 2. Trumpites swearing off U2 because Bono called Trump a "bad man". A U-2 plane also crashed. And they should pay taxes in their own country!

New album? Ha...

This is only for a new tour start up, they're not going to be able to rent out the arena for practice this time around, there are too many players involved in setting this up prior. They will do a soundcheck the day of or night before, and that will be a known song, just for the reasons you are talking about. They are practicing offsite for this one, hence why we haven't heard anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom