Songs Of Experience XII : RIP U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What do you expect this Friday at the IHeartRadio festival?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see the band working on a few various ideas over the past few weeks in rehearsals, trying them out at soundcheck, and deciding Ideas A and B don't quite work as well as Idea C, which happens to involve less/no new material.

That's the context in which I find the idea of "they ditched some new songs" could be believable.

I honestly don't know what to believe at this point. They know that this performance is an excellent opportunity to promote new material. It would be stupid of them to not play at least 1 new song.

If Harry is accurate:

I still find it unbelievable that they still don't have a defined setlist 12 hours before a show that they've known they were playing weeks ago (if not several months ago).

If true, this also leads me to believe that the album isn't finished OR they finished VERY recently and still aren't comfortable w/ the songs yet.

The whole "U2 could break up thing" went straight over my head I'm afraid... Where on earth did that nonsense come from?

OK so there's so much wrong with this.

Just throw it out folks. Thus didn't happen.

First, they were still finishing the stage today so they couldn't have been soundchecking all day.

Second, even if I'm wrong and it was finished, they have so many acts they wouldn't let just U2 have the stage all day.

Third, the staff/talent entrance to this arena is in the back in a large fenced off area off Frank Sinatra Dr. I have serious doubts that 20 people were just allowed through the gates and close enough to the exit, and I have equal doubts that all these people, including Adam, came out one of the non staff/talent exits because the other exits of the arena empty out into The Park, a large open air entertainment zone connected to The Strip that's open whether there are events taking place or not.

And Dallas and Terry would not readily give that information out to fans waiting outside at the end if what's been a very secretive stretch.

And, uh, pictures with Adam? Well it seems providing one would be a super swell way to prove that your story wasn't a pile of dung.

So let's just toss this one in the garbage.

They might not play new songs tonight, but it's not cause of anything that was said in this "story"

Yeah I agree this was such BS. I bet U2 is not even In Vegas yet!!! NO WAY they had that arena all day to themselves. Vegas is a 1 hour flight from L.A.....they could leave L.A. this afternoon for the show and probably will.

I'm still betting on 1 new song, plus an SOI song maybe and a bunch of greatest hits reminding people of who they are. I am hoping they play at least an hour but wont be surprised with 6 songs.

Sent from my SM-G930T using U2 Interference mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom