Songs Of Experience XII : RIP U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What do you expect this Friday at the IHeartRadio festival?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, because i'm out of the technology loop, can someone break this down for me?

Possibility of new U2 on a paid service through iHeart....Can i just go onto itunes and download it?

Ok, because i'm out of the technology loop, can someone break this down for me?

Possibility of new U2 on a paid service through iHeart....Can i just go onto itunes and download it?

if it's an exclusive, no.
But it wouldnt be an exclusive forever.. likely just the first few weeks

if it's an exclusive, no.
But it wouldnt be an exclusive forever.. likely just the first few weeks

Yep. That would actually be a really good plan for them. Get an exclusive with a new streaming service, but one backed by the largest radio conglomerate in the US. Could make for a decent chart placement of a lead single now that streams, airplay and downloads are in the mix.

Does it seem strange that this could even be a possibility with how much they are tied to Apple. Seems like Apple wouldn't be too happy about this.

I thought the exact same thing

probably makes more sense that they do a radio deal with iheartradio and an exclusive with apple. But I guess we don't know what happened with the Apple relationship after SOI. They may have decided it best to part ways, who knows.
But with what seemed like ongoing plans on a new format, or VR with Apple a couple years ago, i would think they would still be working together.

just noticed u2.com had nothing about either of the upcoming gigs. If you click on the "tours" section it still had all the I+E dates, some of which were 16 month ago. Worst band website ever? I mean, come on...

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

just noticed u2.com had nothing about either of the upcoming gigs. If you click on the "tours" section it still had all the I+E dates, some of which were 16 month ago. Worst band website ever? I mean, come on...

Woah! So they're finally updated with the I&E tour? Last I checked they had reported on the War Tour. :D

Woah! So they're finally updated with the I&E tour? Last I checked they had reported on the War Tour. :D

And they had "The Refugee" and "Red Light" in the set list.

I'm not saying it will be exclusive to Apple, I just can't see them doing something exclusive to someone else which may exclude Apple even if for a bit of time. They did give them a hundred million dollars or whatever amount. I can see them distancing themselves by not making it an apple focused release, but exclusive to someone else seems weird is all.

U2 is still on the iheartradio website as of this moment. Also, just noticed that there is an iheartradio DayTime Village going on with smaller artists. And lo and behold, the Chainsmokers are there.

yeah I have a hard time believing iheart is not happening.. chalk it up as a bad rumour

After listening to that clip again for the first time in a few weeks, they'd be crazy not to play this Friday. It's effortlessly catchy, interesting, and fresh. I'm back to feeling positive about Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom