Songs Of Experience XII : RIP U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What do you expect this Friday at the IHeartRadio festival?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But that is beyond my understanding of this band ... how could U2 ... yes .. U2 (!!) lose their confidence ...

But it is true in some ways .. they lost it ... the confidence .. the "in your face" attitude ... this is what we are doing and we are proud of it ...

I'm not one of those plebans who obsess over every detail of the band's looks and all... but come on. This guy's in promo shape right here.

Csw4wWNWcAAqOl9.jpg

I saw Adele tonight, and while she's not necessarily my cup of tea, her talent and charisma was amazing. What struck me more than anything was just how comfortable she was with herself and her art, and how she doesn't really care if you like it or not but has the confidence in the material to know that you will...

U2 used to have that. Somewhere along the line they lost it. Not the talent. The confidence

When she's 55-56 and not 28 years old, we'll see if that's an apt comparison.

When she's 55-56 and not 28 years old, we'll see if that's an apt comparison.
Would you rather me use Bruce Springsteen? He's 67

It wasn't really a comparison anyways. Just a half drunk observation about how skiddish U2 have become in their fruitless obsession to remain hip and cool with the kids.

Last edited:
Yo, RD, what was your choice in the poll? I noticed there wasn't an option to vote that U2 wouldn't even show on Friday.
Despite that rumor, I still believe they'll show and play either a hits set, or hits + new song without any announcement or additional details

If U2 show up .. play a hits set without new song and without any announcement ... that would be awesome .... I'd like to see the reactions here

Not convinced the album's going to be released exclusively on this new service til someone denies it.

Notice the article states that they are still getting the music licenses. Theoretically the album could be an exclusive but not come out for a couple of months.

You throw an exclusive album or two on there and you might have a few subscribers that first month...

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Not convinced the album's going to be released exclusively on this new service til someone denies it.

My source says no, granted my source are the loud voices in my head but still................

Notice the article states that they are still getting the music licenses. Theoretically the album could be an exclusive but not come out for a couple of months.

Could line up with Bono's September and October statement. If they can get everything done for a late October launch.

Would you rather me use Bruce Springsteen? He's 67

It wasn't really a comparison anyways. Just a half drunk observation about how skiddish U2 have become in their fruitless obsession to remain hip and cool with the kids.

I suppose that would have been more of a comparison/half-drunk observation, haha, even though he seems to be the 'be all, end all' with his path and live shows anyway. I was just going more by the idea of similar ages/career paths and all that. With Adele, it’s sort of a different ballgame, imo. She’s relatively early in her career and still in her 20’s, a vocalist as compared to a band of four guys, has only 3(?) albums, needs co-writers for most of her material, etc. Not that she doesn’t do what she does well, as her album sales show. But if she’s still doing this 30 years from now, then maybe we’ll see if she still releases albums and has any existential issues then.

Personally, I never really bought into the idea that U2 was trying to appeal to ‘kids’ anyway. Writing songs that appeal to people or connect with them in general? Perhaps, but if they wanted street cred with solely the youth, then we would have seen the rhythmic hip-hop album by now (maybe that was the dance record they were doing circa 2010? jk).

U2 album launches IHeart paid subscription service on Friday?!?! Surely.....

I guess Bono was interviewed by Charlie Rose, and it'll air today. Whether or not there's anything U2 related in there, I don't know.

"Bono sat down with Charlie Rose to talk about social activism, U2's 40 years and his thoughts on the US presidential race. A preview of the interview is on CBS This Morning today and the full interview is tonight on your local PBS station.

Bono stated, "America is like the best idea the world ever came up with but Donald Trump is potentially the worst idea that ever happened to America."

Sent from my SM-G930F using U2 Interference mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom