Songs of Experience XI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

popacrobat

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
latest news:

- Rolling Stone says no album this year per an anonymous spokeswoman
- U2 have the iHeartRadio festival coming up (9/23) and DreamForce (October)
- Steve Lillywhite apparently has a mix of the single on his phone and was brought in to help with mixing
- Multiple sources from posters here have been indicating that the band have cold feet about releasing an album this year
- People are obsessing over an instagram of a cat from The Edge's wife's twitter, thinking it's an intentional marketing effort (come on).

Ok, i'll say it this time:

Is THIS the thread where we hear some new music?

Or at the very least perhaps concrete news on anything (single, album, tour?)

New music does not include Morleigh's cat !!:angry::madwife::madwife:

latest news:

- Rolling Stone says no album this year per an anonymous spokeswoman
- U2 have the iHeartRadio festival coming up (9/23) and DreamForce (October)
- Steve Lillywhite apparently has a mix of the single on his phone and was brought in to help with mixing
- Multiple sources from posters here have been indicating that the band have cold feet about releasing an album this year
- People are obsessing over an instagram of a cat from The Edge's wife's twitter, thinking it's an intentional marketing effort (come on).

Okay, since this is a new thread, can we get a list or at least said posters restating the cold feet part?

Also, what is the most recent thing the band have said about the album? The band does not include an unnamed spokeswoman. Basically one of the four members or their manager.

I somehow remember someone saying early this year that it would be out by end of 2016, with tour to follow. So like I have said, would be quite gutted if they don't get the album out this year, which would raise the possibility of them starting the tour without a new album. Which would be grim.

I still feel (vibes and all that crap) that we are gonna have a new song this month and album this year. Just want to know how stupidly optimistic I am being.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using U2 Interference mobile app

Okay, since this is a new thread, can we get a list or at least said posters restating the cold feet part?

Also, what is the most recent thing the band have said about the album? The band does not include an unnamed spokeswoman. Basically one of the four members or their manager.

I somehow remember someone saying early this year that it would be out by end of 2016, with tour to follow. So like I have said, would be quite gutted if they don't get the album out this year, which would raise the possibility of them starting the tour without a new album. Which would be grim.

I still feel (vibes and all that crap) that we are gonna have a new song this month and album this year. Just want to know how stupidly optimistic I am being.

Both Sharebear and Registered Dude (correct me if I'm wrong) have said cold feet.

Last statement by the band was (I believe) Bono in Valencia saying album's not finished. Please correct me if I'm wrong. May I add: I don't believe a word of what the band says with regards to new music.

I've not yet heard cold feet at all, which may or not mean a whole hell of a lot.

Fwiw, also, the Sacramento angle has pretty much turned out to be a pile of malarkey.

And the stars seem to be aligning.

I don't buy the spokeswoman angle in the least bit. BTDT, type thing.

But that's just me.

I don't believe they would just play a new single on the iHeart gig without a build up some days before. I think this Friday is the deadline for us. We could expect at least 30 seconds of the new single.
If the machine doesnt start turning this week just forget it. The iheart concert will be just a old hits mini show....

I don't believe they would just play a new single on the iHeart gig without a build up some days before. I think this Friday is the deadline for us. We could expect at least 30 seconds of the new single.
If the machine doesnt start turning this week just forget it. The iheart concert will be just a old hits mini show....

Which would be particularly sad for them, since Bono has been harping about relevance and hits for half a decade now.

They took an utter pasting for the release of SOI.
So after all that surely they know it would be suicidal to turn up at the festival, same day as Drake and Sia for example, say "hey, were a 40 year old band with a combined age of 221, here's some old stuff" then fuck off?! Even a set of just SOI songs would be pretty bad. :huh:

Very grateful that Gvox is a silver lining of optimism here! :up:

I also don't buy the spokeswoman thing either. I mean, it could be true, but they denied a 2014 album and an appearance at the Apple event, so it could just as easily be a lie - it's not something to take as confirmation of anything. In fact as far as i recall, the only time a spokesperson for the band has denied something, the opposite has been true (she said "definitely not 2016" rather than "aiming for 2017". The need to deny seems telling.

I'm guessing either this friday or monday we'll get the single (if we do at all). Rumblings should start in the next couple days, or over the weekend depending on the former or latter.

So they are playing a music festival in about 10 days and the album is supposed to come out in 2017? Doesn't sound like a good plan to stay "relevant" whatever that means....

It would be an epic marketing failure if there is no new single to coincide with the show.

Calling it now:

* No album within the next two years.
* Songs of Experience will not be the name of the new album.
* Tour will resume. Innocence & Experience will be rationalized as SoI was the Innocence component, Experiencing the tour was the Experience component.
* We'll get a single, but it'll be a promotion for charity or a tie-in for a movie.

So they are playing a music festival in about 10 days and the album is supposed to come out in 2017? Doesn't sound like a good plan to stay "relevant" whatever that means....

It would be an epic marketing failure if there is no new single to coincide with the show.

They will announce / promote the new Italian Box Set as part of their 40th anniversary...

Very grateful that Gvox is a silver lining of optimism here! :up:

I also don't buy the spokeswoman thing either. I mean, it could be true, but they denied a 2014 album and an appearance at the Apple event, so it could just as easily be a lie - it's not something to take as confirmation of anything. In fact as far as i recall, the only time a spokesperson for the band has denied something, the opposite has been true (she said "definitely not 2016" rather than "aiming for 2017". The need to deny seems telling.

I'm guessing either this friday or monday we'll get the single (if we do at all). Rumblings should start in the next couple days, or over the weekend depending on the former or latter.

Yeah, the rs snippet was a non-starter for me. I mean, we still might not get a new album this year, but that will have nothing to do with that rs tidbit. Even more than parallels with the 2014 billboard article, the whole piece seemed like it was written months ago in order to be trotted out as filler.

Also, malarkey? I think gvox is joe biden. Anyone else with me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom