Songs of Experience XI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As we know what makes sense and what U2 does are two different things.

I hope Headache in a Suitcase is right .. would be the most logical path to go now .. but .. U2 ..

The U2 play would be to drop the single this week, probably Friday, let it sink in a little. Play it next Friday at iHeart. Announce the album, have the album drop end of October, do some promo work, sell the tickets around Thanksgiving / Christmas time, and then start the tour in the spring.

That is standard operating procedure for this band in the pre-Songs of Innocence era, and I think after the backlash from the SOI release, they'll fall back to what's worked for them in the past.

If this doesn't happen, and we here nothing... then for only knows when the album and tour will take place.

I would put money on this. I think there looking at the ATYCLAB/Bomb release schedule as a success model.

Another thing would be to release single, play few shows coming up, talk about album coming soon, release another song in Dec/Jan (something very different from 1st single), and then put album out in Feb/Mar w/ tour announcement.

But getting an album and tickets out by Christmas is smart business.

I'll say it again, for a long time the plan was to release a single the week of the iheart event. Likely the 20/21st.

not sure why it's these dates specifically, and not sooner.

obviously things can change etc etc this is u2 blah blah nothing in stone

Last edited:
To be fair, i don't think the crowd at iheart has to be familiar with the new song. Sure it would help, but U2 is there to promote it, not prove how successful it is already. I think just having the single out before the gig, if even by a couple of days, is what's important.

Think of promo gigs U2 have done for previous albums - they surely don't wait until the new tunes have settled/made an impact before performing them, in fact performing them helps them settle/make that impact.

So i don't think the single needs to be necessarily released this friday, in good time for the gig. Just before it (and as Registered Dude says, likely not too far at all from it).

To be fair, i don't think the crowd at iheart has to be familiar with the new song. Sure it would help, but U2 is there to promote it, not prove how successful it is already. I think just having the single out before the gig, if even by a couple of days, is what's important.

Think of promo gigs U2 have done for previous albums - they surely don't wait until the new tunes have settled/made an impact before performing them, in fact performing them helps them settle/make that impact.

So i don't think the single needs to be necessarily released this friday, in good time for the gig. Just before it (and as Registered Dude says, likely not too far at all from it).

So we've got 9 days to go fellas :waiting:

I'd say it's less about the crowd at the event and more about the crowd listening on the radio or watching on TV a week later

I'll say it again, for a long time the plan was to release a single the week of the iheart event. Likely the 20/21st.

not sure why it's these dates specifically, and not sooner.

obviously things can change etc etc this is u2 blah blah nothing in stone

Gah I really hope so. I think it may be because of the Montreal thing with Bono. He'll do some interviews and I'm sure he wants to focus on the reason he's there and not comment on the single and in extension album and tour.

Instead release it after the weekend, gear up for iheart and hopefully go into promo mode after that.

Or not...

The U2 play would be to drop the single this week, probably Friday, let it sink in a little. Play it next Friday at iHeart. Announce the album, have the album drop end of October, do some promo work, sell the tickets around Thanksgiving / Christmas time, and then start the tour in the spring.

Exactly

(although I don't necessarily think it has to drop Friday. I think they could drop a single as late as Tuesday or even right up to the day of, and do it at iHeart.)

They should be anti relevant go to iHeart and play

- Red Light
- Elvis Presley and America
- Miami
- Stand Up Comedy
- Grace

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I'd say it's less about the crowd at the event and more about the crowd listening on the radio or watching on TV a week later

it's going to be 100% about getting shows like Elvis Duran and the morning show which is what, syndicated nationally?, talking about it come Monday morning the 26th, and playing it non-stop over the next few weeks.

it has to be a good song. it has to be catchy. and they have to perform it well.

ideally, they'd release it next week to let the crowd get a taste of it. i don't think debuting the song live would be good business, but not like it's going to be a U2 crowd anyway..

Good shout, it's broadcast the week after isn't it? Ah well, even if it's released next friday, that still gives it a week to breathe before it's shown on that gig to the general public on tv etc.

They should be anti relevant go to iHeart and play

- Red Light
- Elvis Presley and America
- Miami
- Stand Up Comedy
- Grace

Nice... and if we all toss in a few songs for Anti-Relevancy it should kill a few days and thread pages... .. mix in some more super group thoughts (Band Aid was my favorite super group) and re-visit good production, bad production and mixing we can get through Friday and then football takes over for some of us.

Anti-Relevancy

Exit
Wire
Surrender

Wild honey
Playboy mansion
First time
One step closer
The Ocean
October (but except that, sing September, total mindfu k)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using U2 Interference mobile app

the video for the first single should be the band performing The Best Thing in Larry's old kitchen (or an approximate)

the video for the first single should be the band performing The Best Thing in Larry's old kitchen (or an approximate)

They should have done this with the SoI tour or accompanying videos.

Now that we're talking Songs of EXPERIENCE, perhaps they should play it in one of their many mansions.

Post number 500 bitches!

How's that? Over 12 years (maybe more, the mobile app does not show how long I've been in this insane asylum).

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using U2 Interference mobile app

What if they just dropped the whole new album live at iHeart and then released it digitally after the show?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom