Songs of Experience XI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And what color indicates the band has broken up?

Beard-Dye-thedandylionsapothecary.jpg

bounced over to @U2 for a minute to see if there was anyone there with any new info.
God, we may get a little over concerned here. But that place is a pit of nastiness and despair.

I've never been over to those forums...not once...looks like I made the right call.

i took a look earlier today, it seemed remarkably quiet compared to usual, what did I miss??

Regarding all the misdirection, is it possible that guy o'seary is a pretty smart cookie?

Many, and that includes me, have said that U2 are looking for new fans and don't really bother for us hardcores, because we are there come hell or high water.

But I am sure they count on us to create the buzz. Personally, with the bit of negativity that has seeped on in here, I know I will be much happier if and when they drop the single/album than I would have been when I woke up this morning. If nothing else, keeping the die-hards guessing and tied up in knots - in a word, engaged - is a pretty good marketing ploy.

I know U2's marketing nous has taken a hit with the apple fiasco, but I still think of it as a blunder caused by Apple's design/engineering when it comes to distribution rather than anything the band did. If the songs weren't auto-downloaded onto everyone's device, that would have been a pretty slick launch.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using U2 Interference mobile app

i took a look earlier today, it seemed remarkably quiet compared to usual, what did I miss??

It was pretty quiet. nothing new. But looked at the thread about bono and the chainsmokers, and they were quite miffed that the band would be in the same vicinity as a band that their dumb kids with no taste listen to. LOL.

Definitely no news, just unhappiness with TBT and other nonsense.

I personally don't think u2's camp spends any time on U2 forums. I think they are oblivious to the amount of angst and turmoil they cause.:lol:

Do we really think they pay someone to consistently check out u2 fan sites? I dont.

Don't think they have to check. Why do you need to check if you already know this fucks with our minds?:angry:

I think they may have an idea about how we are, not through any sort of espionage but just fans going up and talking to them, etc.

Ugh this has been such a slow day at work too, giving me more "opportunities" to check what's going on here. I would prefer to be busy and not look at all until Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Who says there needs to be a video first? Why a 30 second clip? What if their build up, what if their marketing, IS playing the new song live? It's not just a show...it's a media EVENT:

Each night, the iHeartRadio Music Festival will broadcast live for fans via iHeartMedia radio stations throughout the country across 150 markets. The CW Network will also exclusively livestream both nights of the festival via CWTV.com and The CW App, and then broadcast a two-night television special on Thursday, October 6 and Friday, October 7 from 8 p.m – 10 p.m. EST/PST.

With over a quarter of a billion monthly listeners in the U.S. and over 85 million social followers, iHeartMedia has the largest reach of any radio or television outlet in America. It serves over 150 markets through 858 owned radio stations, and the company’s radio stations and content can be heard on AM/FM, HD digital radio, satellite radio, on the Internet at iHeartRadio.com and on the company’s radio station websites, on the iHeartRadio mobile app, in enhanced auto dashes, on tablets and smartphones, and on gaming consoles.

iHeartRadio, iHeartMedia’s digital radio platform, is the No. 1 all-in-one digital audio service with over a billion downloads; it reached its first 20 million registered users faster than any digital service in Internet history and reached 85 million registered users faster than any other radio or digital music service and even faster than Facebook.

The people calling this "just a show" are clearly not aware of the facts of the matter as far as the reach to people outside of die-hard U2 fan sites. The reach is so much bigger than us.

Interesting. I hope this show will be a big event then. But the lack of video worries me because U2 never released a song withou a video right away. Maybe miracle? I dont remember. But tell me, is this IheartRadio show comparable with the Apple stunt? If it is ill get my hopes higher...

The Miracle video wasn't released at the same time as SOI.

Yeah, literally that was the first time it was played before an audience and well, everyone with an iPhone and iTunes got the album after that performance.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Regarding all the misdirection, is it possible that guy o'seary is a pretty smart cookie?

I know U2's marketing nous has taken a hit with the apple fiasco, but I still think of it as a blunder caused by Apple's design/engineering when it comes to distribution rather than anything the band did. If the songs weren't auto-downloaded onto everyone's device, that would have been a pretty slick launch.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using U2 Interference mobile app

Not sure I'd go that far with O'Seary but I agree on the Apple thing -- to me it was as much communication as anything.

All they had to do, IMO, was say, "it's free if you want it, just click that cloud thingy"... instead it came across as "already loaded" and "taking up storage space" and so on... if I remember correctly, to get SOI for free you still had to activate a download from the cloud meaning it was never just dropped on a device.

Old news for sure... playing iHeart without playing a new song is almost equally as crazy IMO.

The SOI release fiasco is still SO unfortunate. I mean, this is the top U2-related tweet in the past 24 hours:
https://twitter.com/thegabbieshow/status/777602063198937088

It's sad that for a LOT of people, their only touch point with the band was an album they didn't want showing up on their phone.

I think that's a big part of the pressure the band are feeling. The songs have to be GREAT if they're gonna get the masses back on their side.

again, I'm sorry about the early 12th thread currently going alongside this one. In my defence this thread was pretty busy with the sudden panic, I thought we'd blow through the last page or so in an hour and then it just....stopped dead?!

again, I'm sorry about the early 12th thread currently going alongside this one. In my defence this thread was pretty busy with the sudden panic, I thought we'd blow through the last page or so in an hour and then it just....stopped dead?!

That's okay. The Faith of the Seven will have you all straightened out.

Church time! ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom