Songs of Experience XI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right so that article is now updated with a podcast interview with Lillywhite, where he mentions a couple more details. He doesn't mention it being u2, but i think he's being coy.

Rough transcript:

"Talking of super groups, I might have some very good news for you in the next week or two, because i've been doing a bit of work with some old friends of mine, i can't say who - "

"Not Bono?"

"We'll see. But I've been working on something really special, and it's a great song."

(Found on an itunes podcast via here: u2songs | Steve Lillywhite Mixing New U2 Single | )

So, sounds like it's definitely due in the lead up to the iheartradio gig, and it definitely sounds like the one song in particular. Whether that means the rest of the album is done, or they've given up on it for a standalone single is anyone's guess.

This is encouraging.

My bet is still on a single in the next week, and an album in February or March, with the tour starting in April.

So I read through the posts over the past hour or so and I have cracked it!!!!!

There was talk of a cat video and AIDS and charity work.....The Best Thing is clearly a charity single to benefit feline AIDS.

Boom Interference, you're welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

U2 is not a supergroup?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using U2 Interference mobile app

mystery solved - you're like Scooby Doo !

We'd have an album out by now if it weren't for you meddling kids !

So this is really the home strech isnt it,if nothing happens over the next 11 days are we saying " defo nothing to 2017"??

So this is really the home strech isnt it,if nothing happens over the next 11 days are we saying " defo nothing to 2017"??

We are melting down

Someone obviously taking Lillywhite too literal on one slang term. Not everyone uses "supergroup" to mean an all-star collaboration, what the fuck was he going to say, "veteran band", "patheon act", "hall of famers"?

People here are so desperate to find any nit to pick.

U2 is not a supergroup?

Supergroup is a term used to refer to a group of 4 unrelated, but very popular artists working together. Bono, Mike Mills, Jack White, and Stewart Copeland all together for instance.

Definitions aside, in this context, U2 is a supergroup. Especially with the timing of iHeart and the expected single release date.

Thanks for that, didn't know that it was so clearly defined. But I have read supergroup being used to describe U2 on many occasions. For example: Irish supergroup u2.

If it isn't u2, which current collection qualifies as a supergroup AND old friends of Lillywhite?

Someone obviously taking Lillywhite too literal on one slang term. Not everyone uses "supergroup" to mean an all-star collaboration, what the fuck was he going to say, "veteran band", "patheon act", "hall of famers"?

People here are so desperate to find any nit to pick.

I actually have never heard the term supergroup used NOT referring to a combined group of separate artists. I hope he isn't meaning that definition, and he may have purposefully used it, so he wouldn't say something like, mega-group, huge group, etc... that would almost be a dead giveaway that it was U2.

I still think he means U2, i just felt a twinge of uncertainty with that term.

Thanks for that, didn't know that it was so clearly defined. But I have read supergroup being used to describe U2 on many occasions. For example: Irish supergroup u2.

If it isn't u2, which current collection qualifies as a supergroup AND old friends of Lillywhite?

I guess you're right. I probably have seen it stated that way about U2. Thank you for easing my mind. :)

In my humble opinion, there is not a debate that he is referring to U2. "supergroup" definition blah blah ...it's just semantics.

Of course he means U2, given everything that we know already.

He just cant say U2 yet. He's under wraps just like everyone else. everyone seems to know this except Morleigh.

Atu2 now have it on their homepage and as usual are reporting as if it were rock solid fact! Just like they did for the RS article. Talentless scum (I still like atu2 though :wave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom