Songs of experience - will this be the thread that we see new music?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasnt the rumour that the song was being released at the apple conference?when does that start?

The west coast is just now waking up and getting coffee. It's not suicide time yet.

Who knows what to think?
Maybe.
We'll see.
Still in the weeds...

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

It's at 7pm CET.
By the way, the U2 website is up and running, but their online store seems to be down (I wanted to check if maybe by mistake they put up something related to SOE or Tightrope).

apparently the website has been intermittent over the past 12 hours or so...i'd assume that they are working on something and messing things up which is not shocking with U2.com.

If they are working on something, that gives me some hope that something could be imminent. ...who am i kidding? We'll see some action later in the summer.

Wasnt the rumour that the song was being released at the apple conference?when does that start?

Nope, the two sources starting the rumor (U2Valencia, U2Place) never mentioned a link to the Apple event. U2Valencia mentioned "new single Tightrope" while U2Place mentioned the radio stations.

Nothing will happen today

What if "Songs of Experience" turns out to be a a greatest hits album... Maybe they rerecorded their biggest hits. :sexywink:

It's been a shitty month. I really could use a new U2 song today. I know its a very long shot. but i'll hold out hope until noon pacific...

Ok, but what about the online shop? I think it's probably just general website maintenance but it doesn't hurt to interpret it as "something might be going on" ;)

I had a terrible dream this morning. Bono, Adam and 4 other people died mysteriously at a hotel. It was all over the news and TV. It was one of those 'I can't believe the news today' moments. At first everybody was suspecting drugs. But a picture showed them eating subs together and each sandwich had been poisoned with a white powder. I was devastated. Maybe Fentanyl Parmesan.

Anyway, Edge released SOE later in the day and became a recluse inside a castle.

(Woke up checked Drudge, just a dream, phew, but no SOE)

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Ok, but what about the online shop? I think it's probably just general website maintenance but it doesn't hurt to interpret it as "something might be going on" ;)

The U2 Online Shop is not hosted on U2.com - it's on fanfire.com

If something in digital format will be available, it won't be on U2.com directly

U2Valencia.com ‏@U2Valencia 11m11 minutes ago
Siguiendo el rumor de la semana pasada, hoy #U2 lanzaría single #Tightrope Salvo que anuncien algo en el #WWDC16... WWDC16 Keynote

Translation:

Following the rumor of last week, today ‪#‎u2‬ would release single ‪#‎tightrope‬ unless they announce something in the ‪#‎wwdc16‬ it'll all be in anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom