Songs of Experience - Part V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We might get some SoE news on Tuesday (or a day earlier): A Modern Classic – Get Q's special edition 30th birthday issue! - Q MagazineQ Magazine
I4UNPZl.jpg

or he can just talk about what he's learned in the past 30 years and offer nothing:doh:

i suspect he's only doing this article for some promotion because something is on the horizon.:hyper:

Have we given up hope for a fall tour yet?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I don't think it's going to have anything new.

I also don't think there's going to be a fall tour.

But I will say that Bono looks very nice in that picture.

Wish they'd let us know for sure that there's no tour this fall, my bank account would really like to know. The last thing we heard was in April, Edge said plans for a tour would be announced "fairly soon". Adam said something earlier about the tour resuming "in the autumn". U2valencia had the rumor that the tour would start in Los Angeles in September. Then there was the rumor of the tour announcement happening the same day they announced the Paris DVD. Then that announcement was delayed a week, and then ONLY the DVD was announced.

If they want to put off the tour so they can finish the album, I think that's great! DO IT! FINISH THE ALBUM!!!! My bank account would like to know!! My feeling is if they don't announce something around the time of the DVD's release, it's over. It'll be the "INNOCENCE + EXPERIENCE TOUR 2015, 2017". There will be a "," instead of a "-" in there.

If they push the tour back for the album, we will get neither.

The fact that Bono is reading a mag with a zooropa cover story clearly means we're getting a zooropa-style quick release guys. They're leaving clues everywhere.. Everywhere!!

"What I've learn't in the past 30 years..." Experience anyone? He's gotta at least mention it!

Last edited:
The fact that Bono is reading a mag with a zooropa cover story clearly means we're getting a zooropa-style quick release guys. They're leaving clues everywhere.. Everywhere!!

The Zooropa cover is way too random to not have significance.

It's on it's way guys! I'm still banking on this fall!

Last edited:
They've abandoned the IE Tour and will instead be playing Zooropa in full every night.

That's it. No encore.

It's just an old actual cover with what looks like a Zooropa ad on the back. I wouldn't read too much into it.

The cover though says "Inside the weird weird world of Zooropa". So it's more than just a Zooropa ad on the back. I think it's more than a coincidence for choosing a Zooropa edition magazine given the content that will be in this new edition but that's just me.

The cover though says "Inside the weird weird world of Zooropa". So it's more than just a Zooropa ad on the back. I think it's more than a coincidence for choosing a Zooropa edition magazine given the content that will be in this new edition but that's just me.

I know, it's a real edition, I used to have that one. My guess is that it was the only one with U2 on both sides, so they didn't have to create anything new :shrug:

Don't read too much into it. As stated, it's just an old issue of the magazine with u2 related front and back covers. SOE will be nothing like Zooropa.

Hopefully we get some morsel of info from this magazine.

And I also fear that if they put off the tour to finish the album, we'll see neither.

View attachment 10693

Tedder interview

Two pieces of info in the Tedder interview are intriguing:

1. He speaks as if U2 is finished (or were before his feedback). They made him listen to it in full and give feedback. If that is the case, they are close.

2. He said records plural. Either he is referring to his involvement in SOI then SOE, or he means they have two more....

Two pieces of info in the Tedder interview are intriguing:

1. He speaks as if U2 is finished (or were before his feedback). They made him listen to it in full and give feedback. If that is the case, they are close.

2. He said records plural. Either he is referring to his involvement in SOI then SOE, or he means they have two more....

:up:
He did seem to speak as if at least 1 album is done. Because when talking about The Killers, he said something to the effect of "but they are still working on the album". Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I sort of infer that to mean U2 is done recording. Specifically saying that The Killers are still in the process in comparison to how U2 is doing may imply they're done.
Who knows with this band, though....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Or it could have been the first thing a Q intern grabbed when tasked with getting "something U2y"

I believe records = songs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom