Songs of Experience - Part V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What are people's thoughts on the validity of the tour rumours (that it's starting in September/October)?

It seems the Monday single rumour is sketchy, how about this tour one?

Coupled with the SA March 2017 rumor, I'd say the tour rumors have more potential than Tightrope/SOE rumors at this point.

Why?
It was pretty clear all you were getting was 40 watts.

Sadly I think we get nothing Monday.
I think all the recent stuff has been to hype this DVD release. That band statement about bottling the energy of the Paris shows is just introducing the DVD methinks.
Hope I'm wrong, we shall see.

The only thing really that had to do with SOE was Adam's 10 second clip. And SOE "being born" has a lot of possible meanings. And the sudden silence after Adam posted that clip makes me think Bonbo told him to knock it off. Tru Sauce.

Sorry it was a lame joke

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Interesting... Well, whenever the tour does restart - and even if SoE is far away - at the very least, at least they're working on the album right now.

And if the bottled energy comment was with regard to the dvd they wouldn't of mentioned going back to the studio imo

And if the bottled energy comment was with regard to the dvd they wouldn't of mentioned going back to the studio imo

I think the worry is that they only even mentioned 'bottling' studio magic in order to promote the dvd.

Not the most direct link, but writing a note on the eve of the dvd release saying "We loved playing the shows, in fact so much so that we used that energy in the studio, see you soon" still works.

It bodes well for SoE too, but I think it's main purpose was dvd promotion, so it probably doesn't mean that much.

Yeah I still can't see anything coming out on Monday! We've been down this road way too many times to know that the chances of anything happenning are as much as the chance of me ever liking Donald trump! Ei 0.0000000000000000001 % chance!

I remember one time I think it was either before or after NLOTH ( thinking it was after around the SOA shinnagans) that there was a rumour that the album would be release on a certain day ( I think it was a Friday or something?) but I did remember everyone was so excited and that day came and went and not even a peep from u2! So since then I don't feel the point of getting my hopes up over nothing.

Watching the standard Interference cycle prior to potential news is fascinating - when the rumour came out, 90% of people expected a Monday song release would be a surprise. We hit Friday/Saturday, and because we've heard nothing (as expected) everyone now thinks nothing will happen.

Remember that tour documentary that was going to air alongside the Paris gig last year? It was going to feature (at least partially) the making of SoE.

It occurred to me today, with the release of the dvd and still no word on that documentary... I bet it was going to coincide with SoE coming out at the end of last year.

Doesn't mean anything, but still interesting...

Remember that tour documentary that was going to air alongside the Paris gig last year? It was going to feature (at least partially) the making of SoE.

It occurred to me today, with the release of the dvd and still no word on that documentary... I bet it was going to coincide with SoE coming out at the end of last year.

Doesn't mean anything, but still interesting...

Ah I forgot about the disappearing documentary. I imagine it was revamped as an innocence and experience documentary, not only referring to the tour but the album pair as well. As such, it's catching the creation of SOE.

Double like for your last two posts. One for the original statement :up: and one for quoting yourself :lol:

I just find it interesting that we go for hopeful to dire in the space of 5 days with, as expected and predicted, NO new information in between. Then the next 10 posts all detail our despair.

I'm not saying it is or isn't going to happen, but it is precisely no more, or less likely to occur than it was when the Adam clip and the 13th rumour started.

I just find it interesting that we go for hopeful to dire in the space of 5 days with, as expected and predicted, NO new information in between. Then the next 10 posts all detail our despair.

I'm not saying it is or isn't going to happen, but it is precisely no more, or less likely to occur than it was when the Adam clip and the 13th rumour started.

Agree. I'm waiting for monday. At least we all seem to agree now that SOE is coming and probably sometime between monday and september. That's something :)

I remember one time I think it was either before or after NLOTH ( thinking it was after around the SOA shinnagans) that there was a rumour that the album would be release on a certain day ( I think it was a Friday or something?) but I did remember everyone was so excited and that day came and went and not even a peep from u2! So since then I don't feel the point of getting my hopes up over nothing.

Welcome to U2 fandom. :wink: You have now entered the final stage of cynical grouch. We're a fun bunch, except when it comes to album news. We'll believe it when it's official, don't get hyped up anymore like we used to, and are seen as grouches by those who do.

If there's a new album on the way, yay. If not? Meh, I'll live. But I just hope we're not getting a tour announcement soon as I'm broke AF. :sad:

Yeah I just think it seems too much like other rumors that have burned us before. U2Place has burned us a few times. The minute they joined the party I pretty much gave up any hope that this was happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I just think it seems too much like other rumors that have burned us before. U2Place has burned us a few times. The minute they joined the party I pretty much gave up any hope that this was happening.

I get that, but U2Valencia broke it, and they are very credible. It's a coin flip at this stage. No one should get their hopes up too high, but it is also foolish to just write it off. They changed the game (for them anyway) with the SOI release. This could be a thing.

I don't think there's a solid chance of Bono endorsing Trump BUT there's quite a chance he would enjoy Chilean specialties with him at the Trump Tower Grill. "Happy #TreceDeJunio! Man, I love Chilean cuisine! I love Chileans (but one)!"

-

U2Valencia pointed out it's a "rumour", even though they look quite firm about the whole SOE thing happening soon as well as they're certain about the tour thing and its timeline.

On the other hand, U2Place brought a more specific detail when they talk about an alleged radio debut on #TreceDeJunio.

Apart from this, no journalists or music industry insiders tweeting anything about it, as opposed to what happened the days right before the SOI release (the cat was quite out of the bag, remember?). A bit strange, but I dunno.

One thing that was interesting about the days leading up to SOI is that most here were doubtful that U2 would show up for the iPhone 6 event and it want until the morning of the event that it was finally reported that U2 would be there.

One thing that was interesting about the days leading up to SOI is that most here were doubtful that U2 would show up for the iPhone 6 event and it want until the morning of the event that it was finally reported that U2 would be there.

Yes, there wasn't any solid confirmation whatsoever until that day.

Still, I remember some tweets, including the one from an Irish journalist (working for 'Hot Press'? - my memory is not so good), leaking that date. After that, we started to think about a link to the Apple event, but most were still doubtful till the day, as you pointed out.

Last edited:
And let's just remember that U2Place and U2Valencia did not make any links to the Apple event next week.

Maybe the close DVD release date is a reason to put out a new song 3 days later...

We don't know ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom