Songs of Experience - Part V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, I like the guitar work in New York a lot, especially live. Edge needs to just let things rip more often.

And really love the post 9/11 version they did on Letterman:

Woah... never seen this version before. Edge absolutely shredding... I'm a fan of New York live.

if U2 want to make their discography as accessible to live situation as possible, then making SOE like ATYCLB sounds like a reasonable decision. not that i like that but I guest at least makes sense.

So does focused on music = lost in it?

Cause if so, see you all in 2019

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

So does focused on music = lost in it?

Cause if so, see you all in 2019

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I'm not crazy about some of Tedder's remarks, but then again sometimes with U2 we get the complete opposite of the comparison we're given, so I'm not too concerned with the ATYCLB talk.

But two things lead me to believe it's close to done; Tedder's involvement(he was only brought in at the end of the last one), and he talked about it as if it's a final product, "I'd buy this album".

But two things lead me to believe it's close to done; Tedder's involvement(he was only brought in at the end of the last one), and he talked about it as if it's a final product, "I'd buy this album".
So....ready for the Apple keynote? ;)
More seriously, an album in 2016 (I'm guessing sometime in the summer / late summer), followed by a tour starting in late 2016, is still totally feasible. I'm also starting to believe the album is almost done. The band has been together quite a bit in the past weeks it seems, so this is absolutely possible. Plus the Tedder statement. The only thing that points in a different direction is Edge's statement about having 50 ideas. You don't go from 50 ideas to 15 songs in a few weeks. At least U2 doesn't.

...The only thing that points in a different direction is Edge's statement about having 50 ideas. You don't go from 50 ideas to 15 songs in a few weeks. At least U2 doesn't.

Yeah, if you're U2 50 ideas morphs into 200 more ideas, of which only 6 are fully formed songs...but the other 194 are jumping off points that stretch recording out another 6 months and never become anything...:sigh:

That said, I hope Tedder's involvement (shudders) means they're closer to completion. They usually wrap their Fall albums up around this time (early summer)...we'll see...:shrug:

See, I'd love to agree with you, because you're right about the guitar... it's just that I don't like the lyrics and gee nobody's ever written a song gushing about New York before.
I actually think it's one of Bono's more personal lyrics. It's not really about New York. It's about some obvious marital issues between he and Ali... perhaps even an unknown installed about temporary separation.

It's deeper than its given credit for

"Hot as a hairdryer in your face" that's when I knew we couldn't be friends. The rest of the song is actually good and at times great. But damn, that whole stanza is unforgivable.

As per instagram, Adam is in London, just around the corner from Abbey Road Studios. Just sayin... Let's hope he doesn't get lost ;)

Prediction: SOE is not going to shatter anyone's expectations.

I'll go a bit further here... some will love it. Some will hate it. Some will like a some of it and not be so big on the rest. Then there will be a few fans that fall between all three of those categories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom