Songs of Experience - Part IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Every word from Edge gives me the feeling that the album is far, far away from completion.

Well yeah he did say none of the songs are finished by any means but heck there are 50 ideas. Damn it this band are infuriating!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Wow so we are actually further away than we ever thought? That's a bit crap :(

And they really wonder why they lose people that aren't die hards along the way, they built up some pretty decent momentum with the tour, and now we might not even have an album before the tour re starts?

Its sad the band always feel the need to do this, what happened to the whole recording studio on the road?,

Glad I was on the toilet when I read it. Saved a mess ;)

They just can't stop tinkering. Went from 6-8 completed songs to 20 concrete ideas (50 if they keep letting edge work)

The only silver lining is that this is how Edge has spoken for the past 20 years. Everything is a process, never know when it'll be done. So many ideas....lost in music.

But going off the past too they tend to wait half a decade to release something.

they should just keep quiet and then say "Album is done and will be out bla blah 2016."

Instead of, "we hope to get a new album out as soon as possible, possibly within a year or so to compliment SOI". we're on fire, it'll be out soon".

and then we all cry.:sad:

Guess all we can do is wait like we always do

Could it be some intentional way of putting us off the scent of a surprise release again?, for them to be as active as they are on Twitter etc but yet so far away from each other?

Could it be some intentional way of putting us off the scent of a surprise release again?, for them to be as active as they are on Twitter etc but yet so far away from each other?

Eh, maybe. I feel like in the lead up to SoI we had some "nope, still working on it, not this year" news, but it wasn't quite like this.

Will the band be attending the I heart radio awards show? Maybe they will be interviewed and further insight will be revealed by others?

Eh, maybe. I feel like in the lead up to SoI we had some "nope, still working on it, not this year" news, but it wasn't quite like this.

Yep, it does feel different this time, as if they are intentionally putting people off the scent with their twitter posts etc, hoping so anyway!!

Let's see...

A little over 2020 days between the release of NLOTH and SOI.

A little under 570 days since SOI was released up until now.

I guess that I'm not too concerned... yet.

I think I'll be more pissed if we get the same show....

And based on Edge's comments "I think if we go out again, there'll definitely be some changes. It won't be the same show."

So were gonnna get the same show :|

such Negative Nancy's here ! We're getting a new album and tour !

This beats the alternative: They break up; Larry goes into hiding forever, The Edge does guitar work for movies, Bono tries to save earth, and Adam walks around museums.:doh:

such Negative Nancy's here ! We're getting a new album and tour !

This beats the alternative: They break up; Larry goes into hiding forever, The Edge does guitar work for movies, Bono tries to save earth, and Adam walks around museums.:doh:

You're right it could be worse. Edge could have said they were working on songs during the tour but decided to switch directions or take a new approach etc.

The only silver lining is that there was an idea a month before Innocence that they weren't close and we'd have to wait until the next year, and then poof... There it was.

Other than that, this appears to be business as usual for them.

I wouldn't be shocked if there was a tour announcement next week, right after the iHeart radio appearance. Which is great and all. But things look pretty shitty on the album front.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom