Songs of Experience - Part IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The craziest thing about the "Songs of Innocence" iTunes release is that I had to actually go in and seek out the album, and figure out how to change my preferences so that I could download the album. That's why I didn't understand everybody's frustration at first.

I wish so badly they would do the exact same thing with SOE. That would be so fucking awesome!

Pharell actually had to say "everybody stand up" because clearly no one gave a shit they were there.

It didn't really bother me too much about u2 wanting to stay relevant but this awards show did it for me.

Hopefully someone grabs them for an interview and we get another update on SOE.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Last edited:
Maybe this will be their wakeup call to finally realise they have no hope of ever again being 'relevant', and to do their own thing.

Nah.

I don't think anything's happening for a few more months. Hope I'm wrong.

Unfortunately, I'm starting to feel this is the case too. Based on nothing alone but my own thoughts, I'd be surprised if we got an album this year...

Another great example of the monumental gap between fans' expectations and U2 reality. No full band appearance, no performance, not even a good speach, and no announcement of any sort. Not even a mention of SOE or the tour. Well, so much for getting any news.

I personally thought Bono in blonde was so much better than Bono in 80s god-awful mullet.
Oh that's true. Bono has a collection of bad hair styles ;) But brown or dark is certainly better than blonde. I prefer his black hair from the fly era, but I guess he'll stick with his current hair style for a bit.

The craziest thing about the "Songs of Innocence" iTunes release is that I had to actually go in and seek out the album, and figure out how to change my preferences so that I could download the album. That's why I didn't understand everybody's frustration at first.

I wish so badly they would do the exact same thing with SOE. That would be so fucking awesome!

Yep, same here. I actually had to figure out my login for the iTunes store to get my copy, it took a while.

So the irony is they DID give permission to get shit forced on their phone, by both accepting the T&C and by auto synching everything. :lol: And then complain U2 forced them.

Having purchased music automatically added to your library is not exactly a crazy concept...

They shouldn't have made it automatic. Whether this was Apple's fault, the band's fault, our both equally? Who knows... but it was a mistake. A mistake with good intentions, but a mistake none the less.

Much like doing the iHeart radio awards, not playing, and rambling on without a point for 10 minutes was a mistake, albeit one with good intent.

Last edited:
But yeah. Back to the release strategy. I'm a U2 fan and I'm still upset by it. For a band so concerned about human rights, they basically took my human rights and gave them a big ole donkey punch. One of my friends was so shaken that they didn't leave the house for weeks. Ended up relocating.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Another great example of the monumental gap between fans' expectations and U2 reality.

rs_500x285-160403190320-Apr_03_2016_1846.gif

I don't know about you guys but I was convinced that they were releasing the new album at the awards show last night. So disappointing.

I don't know about you guys but I was convinced that they were releasing the new album at the awards show last night. So disappointing.

I kinda was in the same boat as you. I was disappointed as well but this reaction solidified that they aint doing anything upon attending this award show.

I didn't expect the album, but I had a little hope they might say SOMETHING regarding tour or album. Oh well, not that surprising.

but this reaction solidified that they aint doing anything upon attending this award show.

Yeah the confirmed rumor is they're retiring and Adam and Larry have been tapped to be part of Beyoncé's backup band, hence why they weren't there.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Meanwhile on the Twitters

@fatliebers: U2? you mean them bum crackers that put that dumb album on everyone's phone

@BEFOURGOTHAM: I still don't forgive U2 for putting their damn album into my phone without permission

@dvneia: U2 put their raggedy album on my phone. Fckn scammers.

@MJStarLover: remember when U2 won Album of the Year or whatever over Michael Jackson at the 1988 Grammys? They really snubbed Michael that night. ?

@zidruahl: yeah thanks u2 for that album on my ipod that i never wanted

@expectozjm: remember when U2's album appeared in everyones Itunes library and there was no way to remove it

@hollyzquad: Stop talking U2

@revivalskylie: I stopped fucking with U2 since they involuntarily put their album on my phone

@vegas1024: I muted u2 woops what did they innovate? Getting an album on your phone you didn't ask for?

@SoulCompanyx: Stfu U2 y'all still not forgiven for leaving y'all unwanted album on my phone for 127272882 years

@champagnekilam: U2 proved they ain't shit when they forced their unwanted album into our iphones

@BieberPortugal: Vídeo do Justin Bieber a aplaudir a banda U2 nos #iHeartAwards http://twitter.com/BieberPortugal/status/716807605289672706/video/1
To those punk ass kids that shouldn't even own an iPhone because they clearly don't know how to use it, they can suck my balz! I get people didn't like the album on their phone but delete it and move on for the love of God!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom