Songs of Experience - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the status of Inside Band 1 is unconfirmed, as it is intended to be released alongside SOE's release.

For ref, Inside Band 1, is the title of the HBO doc, which appears to have been dropped from HBO's release schedule

Please take with massive grain of salt...

Dallas says album before Christmas, US/Europe arenas and South America stadiums next year.

U2start.com | U2 hits TFI Friday, Channel 4 in UK

Album before Christmas seems highly unlikely, but crazier things have happened. (Like, for example, them dropping SOI into everybody's iTunes accounts without notice)

sure, we've been burned before - but why aren't more people talking about this?! :panic:

The documentary could have been dropped for several reasons.

I think, at least personally, it just doesn't make a lot of sense to speculate anymore. When they drop the next album, they drop the next album. The band is way too secretive to really get a good read on what they're thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

sure, we've been burned before - but why aren't more people talking about this?! :panic:

That's literally my reasoning, haha - it sounds so exciting, but i'm not in the mood to get my hopes dashed like that!

Notably, Dallas said the band "hopes" to have the album out for then, and that "a lot" of the songs are mixed... seems like it's a possibility they're entertaining, but it could so easily not go that way.

On the other hand, if their 'get the album out soon and rough'/'the days of 5 year long waits between albums are over' mentality has survived (if it genuinely existed at all), it's more plausible.

Plus, perhaps a pre-christmas release makes more sense for promoting it before they have to go on tour, and for promoting the tour itself. Releasing in march, right before the next leg, might not leave enough air for the album to breathe?
But really all that matters is if they're happy enough with the songs!

I tweeted at the guy that revealed the doc's title. He says he heard it's still in development, and we can expect a release date at some point

So hopefully just delayed and not outright canceled. Watched From the Sky Down yesterday, it's just so damn good. Same director, right?

I tweeted at the guy that revealed the doc's title. He says he heard it's still in development, and we can expect a release date at some point

That's very helpful! Thanks for doing that.

Still working on it : should be a good thing!

SOE will be released at the midnight showing of the new Star Wars movie in December

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I heard rumors about U2 writing a song for the soundtrack of the new Star Wars Episode VII. Something like 'The Morning After Death Star'.

Death Star is a North Star rewrite.

Just a little on the dark side. :drool:

Here I am, a space cowboy
Looking out for love and logic
In the universe, yeah, yeah
han-solo-return-of-the-jedi_612x380.jpg

Hes probably poiting out hes gonna take some shots at the upconming London gigs. :wink: Just a hunch.

It's only been 13 months since the last album. I've changed my prediction from 2020 to 2017. Don't think it will happen next year, but I would love to be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom