Songs of Experience Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's just being coy!

Sent from my H60-L04 using U2 Interference mobile app

Hoping for another shock and awe, new album May 1st? Doubt it BC you want SOI to get more attn. I figure it will be early next/mid next year at the latest since it is a bloody innocence and EXPERIENCE tour for godsakes!!!!!! Bring on the stadium gigs in 2016 with both albums!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Here we go again.... Another wait for 6 years. Songs of delay.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using U2 Interference mobile app

Well, Edge said yesterday during an interview that SOE could take approx 18 months or so..... they want to make it right, right now concentrating on the tour coming up.

Why the fuck do they call it Innocence and Experience Tour then????:doh:
That means Sept 2016 for the best..... the tour will be over, even the supposed stadium tour in summer 2016. :hmm:

"We are pushing hard to try to get the album done and out within, we hope, 18 months or so, but it's so hard to predict.

That's Sep 2016 worst case scenario. Not bad given the long breaks between other 00's albums. They're likely waiting to see how Bono will handle the tour, and how the audience reacts to SOI live.

maybe they will road test some new songs on the tour before recording them... :hyper:

why would anyone actually be surprised that Songs of Experience isn't coming out before the tour?

Because of the name of the tour? (just playing devil's advocate btw)

I think most of us were realistic about the album not dropping for another year or two after SOI, but was the plan to have it out before the tour started? Or did they just think the name was catchy?

I thought about the Zooropa thing before, but there's no way they'd be able to do that again. They were almost 20 years younger and in their mid 30s when that period of madness was going on - doing a show, flying back to Dublin, working all night, flying back out to the next country etc. In their mid 50s with their current way of working, just can't see it.....

...unless of course the album was nearly done and it just needed the final push over the line, but that's clearly not the case. So maybe a break between an arena and stadium tour would be the chance they want to finish it properly and get it out to reinvigorate the set-lists for the next leg?

Hey good to see the B man's getting back on the saddle...

haredi-jew-on-bicycle.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom