Songs Of Experience 9 (albums aborted and counting...)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gareth brown

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Apparently this thread is a tangent free zone so if you've got some poxy unrelated list of songs from other albums, take it outside, buddy!

Quick recap:

- Album's apparently not finished but it could just be a bluff while they're on holiday.
- live return imminent at Iheartradio and DreamOutLoudStock or something?
- "The Best Thing" heard as beach clips and played live in remixed form by Kygo but nothing since.
Beyond the U2 community (the calm and collected interference disccusing it like adults while AtU2 has a collective aneurysm, for example) the press/social media reaction's been a little muted.
- U2's 40th anniversary in four weeks. Single possibly round the corner?
- U2.com very excited about VHS/DVD release of Elevation 2001: Live from Boston

Last edited:
Apparently this thread is a tangent free zone so if you've got some poxy unrelated list of songs from other albums, take it outside, buddy!

Quick recap:

- Album's apparently not finished but it could just be a bluff while they're on holiday.
- "The Best Thing" heard as beach clips and played live in remixed form by Kygo but nothing since.
Beyond the U2 community (the calm and collected interference disccusing it like adults while AtU2 has a collective aneurysm, for example) the press/social media reaction's been a little muted.
Perfect.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Quick recap:

Sign up for a membership on U2.com and receive a limited edition U2 Zoo TV: Live From Sydney Laser Disc

20039-MLM20182441514_102014-O.jpg

Give us some damn news already!

Last edited:
Anybody else still waiting on the next issue of Propaganda?? Looking forward to that sweet interview with Guggi

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

I just received the duals cd,chucked it straight in the bin. Load of rubbish!

Predictions for single release?

I'm guessing the week before the Iheartradio gig. Maybe a couple weeks before.

So 9th or 16th of september.

U2.com actually was much improved on the last tour. I can't fault them for not giving any news. They're not going to say anything until the band is ready to launch.

I choose to fault them..

u2.com had 3 stories posted to their News section in July.
remhq.com had 3 stories this week.

Interesting iHeart note: as of today every headliner at this year's festival has a new album out or officially announced.. Except U2.

Drake (April '16), Sting (Nov '16), Britney Spears (Released today), Ariana Grande (May '16) and Usher (Sept '16).

Tick, tock...

September 12, with SoE out on September 16.

Getting everything so soon in a one-two punch like that would be awesome.But i wouldn't be surprised if they focus a hell of a lot more on a strong lead single this time, giving it space to be promoted, and in turn allow it to build hype for the eventual album release a few weeks later.

(I'd like to be wrong and just get everything now, but if my suggestion means a strong first single, i think it'd be worth it).

Interesting iHeart note: as of today every headliner at this year's festival has a new album out or officially announced.. Except U2.

Drake (April '16), Sting (Nov '16), Britney Spears (Released today), Ariana Grande (May '16) and Usher (Sept '16).

Tick, tock...

Yeah, no doubt they'll be promoting something by then. I doubt we'll have the album, but likely a (official) title and release date.

I'm guessing (along with the rumblings others have heard) that we'll get the single fairly soon, but the album in october/november.

That leaves the actual 40th anniversary kind of vacant. Hoping they'll really do some kind of promotion on that day or something (though it is immediately after the iheartradio gig).

pretty sure it's

single on September 19/20
band promo stuff in Dublin for their 40th anniversary
album in November

Tick, tock...

so a U2 Carpool Karaoke is a given at this point, right?

650x366

pretty sure it's

single on September 19/20
band promo stuff in Dublin for their 40th anniversary
album in November

I know that's less than a month but the wait is still killing me!

I really hope we get a magazine preview (maybe something to do with that Rolling stone photo of Adam a couple months back?) before then.

Also, i wonder if they'll play more than one new tune on the anniversary.

Using Bastille as an example again (same timeframe of 2 months between single and album), they released more than one song before the album, and might have debuted even more live.

Muse seemed to release 3-4 songs before their last album.

So we might hear more than just one lead single before november!

so a U2 Carpool Karaoke is a given at this point, right?

650x366

I can't fucking stand James Corden most of the time but I'd still take that over Jimmy Fallon any day of the week. And I'm sure it'd actually be pretty fun !

Getting everything so soon in a one-two punch like that would be awesome.But i wouldn't be surprised if they focus a hell of a lot more on a strong lead single this time, giving it space to be promoted, and in turn allow it to build hype for the eventual album release a few weeks later.

(I'd like to be wrong and just get everything now, but if my suggestion means a strong first single, i think it'd be worth it).
True, but I also think that they want to get SoE out before the Grammy deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom