Songs Of Experience 9 (albums aborted and counting...)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's like a U2 tabloid magazine in the grocery aisle

- News Coming Soon
- Bono jets off to see Leo
- Adam Hodgkins scare
- Edge's secret lovers spill the beans
- Punk Rock from Venus ... You bet!. Secret guitar riffs embedded in prime number sequences detected by Bono on Satellite Dish at Beach House

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

They'll probably milk [their anniversary] for a whole month. :D

Yeah, no doubt, but at least it overlaps with either a new single or Songs Of Experience itself!
Says a lot that at 40 they're about to release a brand new album rather than some godawful "U2:40" compilation album/dvd!

But hey maybe that's all being deferred until 2019 and the anniversary of Three when the band are safely retired? :sad:

Last edited:
whaaay. i do like the fact they went to a LITTLE bit of effort colouring bits in

You're gonna have to do better than that, Joaclaudiobh. How about giving us some lyrics, and a description of the song? :popcorn:

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

You're gonna have to do better than that, Joaclaudiobh. How about giving us some lyrics, and a description of the song? :popcorn:

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

"I was kneeling on my knees for a soul I could feel......OHHHH AYEE OHHHHHH"

Going back through his post history is hilarious. Why has he not been banned for this before?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the user who has posted fake info on numerous occasions and was called out for it?

EDIT: just saw above posts, glad I'm not the only one who spotted this idiot again

Yes it is. And yes, he has been called out on it before.

Apparently he can't help himself. But a little forced time off might.

I love the song Lunchlady.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He changed the name of his "My Heart Will Go On" MP3 and posted it here.

"I was kneeling on my knees for a soul I could feel......OHHHH AYEE OHHHHHH"

I don't see "heart" anywhere in there. You're lying.

It's in the chorus. Song is called "The Heart (Of Joey Ramone)"

Amazing. You can't edit titles on iTunes, so this has to be real.

:up:

Yeah but I finally got my 2013 U2.com subscription gift.

$_35.JPG

I never understood this gimmick. Were we supposed to use them? #kindasmall

I never understood this gimmick. Were we supposed to use them? #kindasmall

While the no baby logo works - not sure I would be using condoms called 'pop'.

Not the bees!

Yeah, they really have to let the music do the talking for them. As you mention, they can get away from the Apple fiasco, and get away from the impression that they're a big, established monolithic band that has to make a big monolithic statement with every release (which is probably off-putting to a lot of youngsters, hipsters and others, but also presents the band with the colossal burden of living up to their 40 year reputation, and 5 year long silences between albums).

And ultimately, at the end of the day, all that matters is the music. If the single isn't strong enough and they do amazing publicity, it still won't be a hit. If the single is great and people enjoy it, and they have little or shit publicity, it will still likely be a hit.

It makes perfect sense for them to do something subdued this time round. Just play the song on the radio, play the remix in clubs, get it circulated in a way where it's saying "here's this cool new song", not "HERE'S THE NEW U2 SINGLE!!!".

None of this uploading to everyone's Apple accounts instantly, making a big deal about it being the biggest audience to ever receive an album.

I doubt anyone in the general public remembers the manner in which beautiful day was released. They just remember the song. Whereas, i bet a lot of the same people couldn't name a song off of SoI, but they could tell you how it was released (and how much they hated it).

I think being humble and staying away from grand statements is in their interest. And if the music is good enough, that's all they need.
Why do people here keep referring to BD in that way? While it certainly got its fair share of airplay in Germany (and I suspect Europe) I don't think the general public remembers this song very much. They remember Streets, One, SBS. Not sure BD comes to mind. But maybe that's different in the US due to 9/11, the U2 gigs right after etc?!

no, Beautiful Day was massive in the US prior to 9/11. It came out pretty much a full year before. It was the perfect pop-rock song for 2000 and 2001 and it's one of U2's finest moments.

Why do people here keep referring to BD in that way? While it certainly got its fair share of airplay in Germany (and I suspect Europe) I don't think the general public remembers this song very much. They remember Streets, One, SBS. Not sure BD comes to mind. But maybe that's different in the US due to 9/11, the U2 gigs right after etc?!

This is purely anecdotal, but Beautiful Day was/is a massive song around here. Might be to do with my age range (early-mid twenties), people I know were more likely to know BD than SBS. The songs they're most likely to recognise are recent 'hits', so younger casual/non-fans I've come across will know BD more than something like streets.
I've seen a lot of people reduce u2 to that one song, or recognise it live, etc.

Does it still get significant air time on radio? Here U2 is reduced to those old classics. They rarely play anything from 2000s.

Both Beautiful Day and Vertigo have a permanent stamp on U2's legacy when it comes to the largest hits.

no, Beautiful Day was massive in the US prior to 9/11. It came out pretty much a full year before. It was the perfect pop-rock song for 2000 and 2001 and it's one of U2's finest moments.

This X 10.

Beautiful Day was a huge hit in the states and had nothing to do with 9/11. In fact BD was falling off the charts by the time 9/11/01 rolled around.

I mean if you go to a U2 concert, it gets just as big of a reception as the classics.

To this day I still hear the song on the radio just as often as the 80s classics.

Both Beautiful Day and Vertigo have a permanent stamp on U2's legacy when it comes to the largest hits.

100% agree.

I don't think the general public remembers this song very much. They remember Streets, One, SBS. Not sure BD comes to mind.

I would totally disagree. I'll echo what others have said- I would say with the exceptions of SBS, WOWY and ISHF, it's their most well-known song. More than Streets. More than One.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom