Songs Of Experience 9 (albums aborted and counting...)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't listened to it in more than a week, though every now and then it pops up in my head. You're going to be tired of it by the time it comes out. :wink:

I know man, i know. I have no self control! :doh:

Hopefully the real single is unique from the remix, so there's at least a little bit of surprise there.

Wouldn't be surprised if they had some kind of tie-in with an updated Apple Music, although I read that Universal Music has banned streaming exclusives after Frank Ocean released his album.

Last edited:
Wouldn't expect anything, though two things have me slightly intrigued about how they may tie in at some point:

1. The talk of SOE using a medium being developed with Apple, and
2. The Apple VR bus and SFS VR video that seemed to be ramping up said new format last year.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Doesn't Larry look like this guy rather?
odo1.jpg

Songs from Deep Space Nine

I was checking and the Dan Smee The Best Thing audio clip has more views than The Miracle(of Joey Ramone) has on YouTube.

Just kidding :lol:

Not yet.

After my millionth listen to (admittedly the phone quality, remixed version of) The Best Thing, i'm thinking it would work best as a set closer rather than opener, despite being the lead single.

It's not quite fast/alive enough to open a show, but it's got a great feel-good vibe on which to end things, and being able to successfully close with a new number 40 years into their career is probably something they'd love to be able to do.

Assuming the SOE tour setlist has the same general concept of the SOI setlist, I could see EBTTRT starting the second half, then Best Thing, then Mysterious Ways

Don't think it's crazy speculation though. Bono said in 2011 he'd release the new Even Better Than The Real Thing as a single if he could. Fits the dancey, fun part of the set perfectly (I mean, as perfect as a beach and phone clip can be - but it's clearly upbeat, happy and poppy. I mean "Thing" is prominent in it too).

Would not shock me at all if that prediction is right.

I'm hoping we get a full band EBW on this leg. If only for train spotting value.

Last edited:
Assuming the SOE tour setlist has the same general concept of the SOI setlist, I could see EBTTRT starting the second half, then Best Thing, then Mysterious Ways

I love Mysterious Ways but I hope it has a rest, it's been played pretty consistently for a while and isn't anywhere near as good as it was since Vertigo Tour and earlier.

Somehow I can't see Ebert and The Best Thing being played consecutively. Maybe one earlier and one to close the set a la Vertigo x2

I love Mysterious Ways but I hope it has a rest, it's been played pretty consistently for a while and isn't anywhere near as good as it was since Vertigo Tour and earlier.

Somehow I can't see Ebert and The Best Thing being played consecutively. Maybe one earlier and one to close the set a la Vertigo x2

I have no idea why they ditched the solo. It's not like Larry or Adam couldn't lay down the groove for another minute.

One of Edges best live moments is when he hits those first slide notes.

Maybe they felt it was to be more of a sing-a-long aspect so the solo cuts into it.

Or more likely, they lazy

Yep, I'm ready for the single now.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using U2 Interference mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom