Songs of Ascent - Part IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I'm really looking forward about Songs Of Ascent are the lyrics.
In NLOTH I thought the lyrics were some of the best Bono ever wrote, certainly the best he wrote since Pop in my opinion.
It's so great to feel excited again by the idea of listening new Bono's lyrics!

One thing I'm really looking forward about Songs Of Ascent are the lyrics.
In NLOTH I thought the lyrics were some of the best Bono ever wrote, certainly the best he wrote since Pop in my opinion.
It's so great to feel excited again by the idea of listening new Bono's lyrics!

I think you have point there, they lyrics in most of NLOTH have a fresh angle (not that I don't like the first person style of ATYCLB or HTDAAB, but it was starting to wear out) and Songs of Ascent are likely to explore that further...

to be honest, i thought Dan was out of line too. it doesn't matter who started it though.

I have admitted i was out of line with some things I said, but I do believe the sentiment is still there. I am not engaging with him any more because I feel like blood drips out of my ears each time he pops up. Suffice it to say that it is childish to laugh at a person of one faith (or non-faith) for enjoying art about another faith.

I do apologise if what I said offended anyone here. My intention wasn't to attack religion, my overreaction can from my frustration from arguing with snowlock many times in the past about his inane and trivial nonsense

Yeah, this one was taken last week Wednesday (11/11), but great to see!!

44144866-1.jpg

I have admitted i was out of line with some things I said, but I do believe the sentiment is still there. I am not engaging with him any more because I feel like blood drips out of my ears each time he pops up. Suffice it to say that it is childish to laugh at a person of one faith (or non-faith) for enjoying art about another faith.

I do apologise if what I said offended anyone here. My intention wasn't to attack religion, my overreaction can from my frustration from arguing with snowlock many times in the past about his inane and trivial nonsense

lol. no problem. i'm probably out of line with about half of my posts. :lol:

personally, if there's one thread that i don't want to see derailed, it's this one.

The date and time are attached to the file on the photos. Of course his camera could have the wrong time/date on it, but if it's his Blackberry it's probably correct. Plus all of his photos before have always pretty much matched the likely dates for when and where he was. (Including his Rose Bowl photo on 10/25 at 8:11... AM :huh: :lol: )
In any case, it's probably close to that date anyways.

"Good for you, I also share your hope, though the optimism is beginning to shrink a teeny tiny bit.."

Don't let it shrink Gav.:sexywink:
I actually think this is one of the most optimistic times to be a U2 fan.
They have just released their best album of the decade (NLOTH) and easiliy one of the top5 albums of their history.
The descriptions they gave for what Songs Of Ascent could be sound great.
They already have a lot of material recorded, and Eno has been working on it since before NLOTH was released.
They have an incredible tour going on, and 6 months in between the first and second leg to finish and release SOA.
The sole fact that this band won't use their 6 months to rest and be with their families, but instead chooses to keep working to release a sister album to NLOTH, is incredibly positive.
The same with the recent news about Bono and Edge taking 2 weeks to write some more.
These guys are still trying, still working, still believing they can make their best work now.
I have complete faith this will be the case.

:wave:(This is just my opinion, of course.)

:wave:

good morning to you and welcome to the forum, please stick around! I'm fairly sure we'll get some good news about SOA soon, probably in January.
I'm also looking forward to hearing his new lyrics, NLOTH certainly was an improvement in that respect on the previous two!!

Thank you very much Gav!
I must say you have a really cool avatar there!
That photo of Bono/The Fly is awesome...
Not to derail the thread, but...how great are those photos from Achtung Baby,what a beautiful looking period...

I'd love it if the band and Anton decided to get away from the black and white for the photos on Songs Of Ascent.
All That You Can't Leave Behind, How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb and No Line On The Horizon all have photos in black and white, so I think it's time for the colours to come back...
What do the rest of you guys think?

Who cares where Tery Lawless is when Edge is posting pictures of his equipment and Dallas ?

:up:

Thank you very much Gav!
I must say you have a really cool avatar there!
That photo of Bono/The Fly is awesome...
Not to derail the thread, but...how great are those photos from Achtung Baby,what a beautiful looking period...

I'd love it if the band and Anton decided to get away from the black and white for the photos on Songs Of Ascent.
All That You Can't Leave Behind, How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb and No Line On The Horizon all have photos in black and white, so I think it's time for the colours to come back...
What do the rest of you guys think?

Totally agree, it was the first time U2 really embraced colour in their album covers, really reflected the music, also I doubt that Bono ever looked better...
Judging by the description of how SOA will sound I'd have thought they'll stick with the black and white...

That picture is certainly encouraging. Finally a use for Twitter (besides the Iran situation, which is the only commendable use I've seen for that annoying site.)

:wave:Thank you very much for your kind words Mikal! :wave:
I'm new around here, in fact this is the first time in my life I enter a forum, and after some months of just reading what other posters were commenting, I finally decided to start posting too, so thank you very very much.
I have been enjoying your posts too, and I think this is a great place to share.
:up:
Welcome to Interference, Loudreamer! :wave:
Also, great to hear that the band seems to be hard at work on SOA. Here's hoping we get a full-length studio version of Kingdom soon! :drool:

What does it say under Dallas' table on that picture ?

"Dallas' understage ______ right"

Dallas looks like he's in a "please leave me alone Edge" mood or he's just very, very tired. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom