Songs Nobody Ever Talks About! - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-22-2002, 05:20 PM   #21
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:09 PM
Re: Re: Re: Songs Nobody Ever Talks About!

Quote:
Originally posted by AcrobatMan

Exactly ..why do you think my nick is AcrobatMan ..
Same here that where i got wildhoney for my name!

Old 07-23-2002, 10:34 PM   #22
The Fly

Local Time: 07:09 AM

love this thread!

check out my name-- i've always claimed this little wisp of poetry as my fave U2 song --the imagery is so beautiful. it just grabbed me in my more bohemian, romantic college days and it still gets me everytime. it's also been sort of a talisman for me--i listened to it as i was getting ready for my wedding and sweating thru contractions giving birth to my sons. (my husband learned to make room for bono long ago!)

Old 07-23-2002, 11:27 PM   #23
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:09 AM
"All I Want Is You" does not get enough attention. For example, I think it's the only U2 song that has a sequel. ("The First Time" from Zooropa.) It is probably the ultimate U2 love song (okay, matter of opinion). And it has that awesome long guitar solo from Edge at the end and it has Bono practically weeping "You...all I want is you...all I want is you..." and it has that awesome bass part and..and...

Okay, everyone knows it is my favorite U2 song of all time, I will shut up and go hide in IAMJ again now.

Join Amnesty.
Old 07-24-2002, 10:26 AM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 02:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by paxetaurora
"All I Want Is You" does not get enough attention. For example, I think it's the only U2 song that has a sequel. ("The First Time" from Zooropa.) It is probably the ultimate U2 love song (okay, matter of opinion). And it has that awesome long guitar solo from Edge at the end and it has Bono practically weeping "You...all I want is you...all I want is you..." and it has that awesome bass part and..and...

Okay, everyone knows it is my favorite U2 song of all time, I will shut up and go hide in IAMJ again now.
I love "All I want is you," especially now that I can play it on my guitar!
Old 07-24-2002, 11:14 AM   #25
Den Mother

Location: Well my heart is where it's always been, my head is somewhere in between.
Local Time: 11:09 PM
Stories for boys, with a shout and Acrobat are always playing on my 11 year old (soon to be 12!) son's boom box.
He seems to enjoy the old U2 music a bit more than the newer one, I think he identifies with it because of the age thing, you know the idealistic/thinking phase.
Mothers of the Disappeared makes me cry to, the story is too close to home for me.
Wild Honey makes me dance and sing at the top of my lungs, it's just a happy, sweet tune.