Songs most U2 fans dislike... but *you* love...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I LOVE Indian Summer Sky! It rocks and it's beautiful! I love the whole UF album!

others- NY, WILATW, Wild Honey, Trip Thru Your Wires and Love Is Blindness.

If You Wear That Velvet Dress
Discotheque
Mofo
New York
Babyface
Red Hill Mining Town (not sure if everyone hates this though I never hear it get mentioned)

I really didnt tink trip through your wires was unpopular i loike it

and babyface and if u wear that velvet dress- i dunno how popular it is aaaaand im gonna say what bullet the blue sky said with discotheque and mofo.....cool tunes well i love the whole of the pop album quite a lot of ppl dont really like it...

bullet the blue sky said:

Red Hill Mining Town (not sure if everyone hates this though I never hear it get mentioned)

Hell yes!!:yes:

Also:
Wire
Tomorrow
ISHFWILF R&H version

follower said:
I might be wrong, but I think So Cruel is not that appreciated either...MAS EU AMO SO CRUEL!

Yeah, definitely love it!

:love:

Yeah, So Cruel is definately a wonderful thing.

So Cruel is such an emotional song... it's unlike any other U2 song out there, and without it, Achtung Baby wouldn't be complete.

Ahh-hoooo....love... you say in love, there are no rules...
Ahh-hoooo... love... sweetheart, you're so cruel...

She wears my love like a see-through dress,
her lips say one thing, her movements something else - oh love...
like a screaming flower,
love, dying ever hour... love...

and you don't know if it's fear or desire...
danger the drug that takes you higher...
head in heaven, fingers... in the mire...

her heart is racing, you can't keep up...
the night is bleeding like a cut...
between the horses of love and lust, we are trampled... underfoot.

*shiver*

That song's written like poetry, and flows like a fine wine... at least it does to me. :)

Tonight I was listening to 5 U2 CDs on shuffle (something I haven't done in a very long time believe it or not, mostly because I'm rarely in my bedroom, and that's where my 5-disc CD-player is)...

BUT I was totally being goofy to The Wanderer! Dancing around like a fool... but much like all of Zooropa, it transported me back to literally 9 years to the day...

I think I really like that song... :D

So add that one to my list!

and ARRRRGH!!! Zooropa was released NINE years ago, practically to the day?!?!?!

ARRRGH!!! I'm feeling old!!! :D

Last edited:
Carmanah said:

BUT I was totally being goofy to The Wanderer! Dancing around like a fool... but much like all of Zooropa, it transported me back to literally 9 years to the day...

Wanderer is cool!!:yes: :yes: :yes:

I haven't heard people talk about disliking Elvis Presley and America before this thread, but I can see where that might be the case. It took more than a few listenings for it to catch me, but I think it's one of the most beautiful songs U2 has done.

On the other hand, I HAVE heard people take shots at Exit in the past. They are wrong. Its darkness makes the Joshua Tree, IMO.

Also, With a Shout.

I'd say Grace. It's so underrated, both lyrically and musically. I simply love it. When I listen to it I feel safe, hope and joy. Adam's basslines is beyond description. It's like a lullaby, he's playing for a little child or something. Simply terrific!

Then I'd also mention Tryin' to through your arms that a lot of people in here diss totally. I love it!

Here are some U2 songs I love, I mean love, that most fans hate:

Tryin To Throw Your Arms... - love the slow groovy sound

God Part II - a fantastic warm-up for Achtung Baby

Some Days Are Better... - love the "skin is white but you think you're a brother" line

Miami - lyrically weak, but fun to listen to; a highlight of Pop

MissZooropa said:
I'd say Grace. It's so underrated, both lyrically and musically. I simply love it. When I listen to it I feel safe, hope and joy. Adam's basslines is beyond description.
I would have to agree
beautiful song
enormously underrated

Mango said:
Here are some U2 songs I love, I mean love, that most fans hate:

Tryin To Throw Your Arms... - love the slow groovy sound

\

Seems like a lot of people are listing this song...so maybe not as many dislike it as we'd think! :happy:

Tryin to throw your arms around the world
Do you feel loved?
New York
WGRYWH
When I look at the world
Lemon, I never hear ppl saying that they like it

Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses -- I used to love this song, then I had a long time of hating it, now I love it again. :p
Babyface -- one of the tracks I fell in love with right away when I got Zooropa, not so crazy about it anymore, but I don't understand why people hate it so much
The Playboy Mansion -- I :heart: this song. It is so wonderful -- the music is really good, and the lyrics are great as well.. not to mention Bono's vocals. They are really perfectly sung for the song without any flaws.
Miami -- I agree with whoeever said it was lyrically weak, but a fun song to listen to nonetheless.
Elvis Presley and America -- another underrated song.
Tryin' to Throw Your Arms Around the World -- Achtung Baby, IMO, couldn't flow without this song. It just needs to be there to make the album complete -- it's a part of the journey of the album.
So Cruel -- I used to hate this song.. just hate it. Thought it was really boring and plain, overhyped, etc. But lately I have realized what a great song this is, and how it really isn't plain at all -- it's a wonderful song.
Pop, in general. I'll never understand why people don't enjoy this album.

Last edited:
Red Light
Refugee
Trip Through Your Wires
WGRYWH
Babyface
Some Days Are....
Discotheque
Playboy Mansion
Grace
Peace on Earth

I also LUV the Rattle&Hum album (with the exception of VDL and Heartland) - Angel of Harlem, Desire, God Part II, Hawkmoon 269, etc are just gorgeous!!
:wink:

I've grown quite fond of "Babyface", "The Wanderer" and "Grace"....songs i too once abhored.

...but one song that i cannot believe u2 fans apparently "dislike" happens to be one of my all-time favorites: "Tryin' to throw your arms..."

Back
Top Bottom