songs at superbowl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NShaik

The Fly
from u2.com:

All they will say is that one of the following songs will be on the playlist.

* I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
* Desire
* Beautiful Day
* Pride (In the Name of Love)

Which of those do u want to hear the most?

I would have to say pride - it is the perfect song for getting thousands and thousands of people on their feet (and it'd be nice to see it, after having it ruthlessly omitted from the DVD. I could rant for hours about that)

Beautiful is probably the most likely, as its already been established as a sports nthem (Olympics)

------------------
Watch More TV, ITs your world you can change it, taste is the enemy of art, Every thing you know if wrong, mock the devil, and he will flee from thee
www.geocities.com/nshaikspike/evil.html

I would say Pride is a great stadium anthem so go with that. do we get to vote on which one they do or is this just a little informal Interference question?

u2 will go with beautiful day ahead of pride.
as foR the other 2 id say streets and maybe elevation but id doubt it.
id be hoping for an acoustic mofo-IMAGINE

We've got to keep in mind that this is a big opportunity for them to make a big impact on the Grammy voters, so I think that at least two, if not all of the songs, will come from ATYCLB. Also, the songs must fit with the huge superbowl crowd and audience; they must be "big" sounding songs.

As a result, I'm going with the following:

Elevation
Beautiful Day
Where The Streets Have No Name

[This message has been edited by Zoocoustic (edited 01-30-2002).]

gah! time for our twice a week discussion on what they might play at the superbowl.
tongue.gif
wink.gif

I have decided that they should play...hmmm...actually, I'm not even going to speculate. I'll just have my VCR handy and see what happens.
biggrin.gif

-sula

They are playing One, with the screen and names, I can tell you that.

My prediction is.......

Beautiful Day
One
Walk On (Bringing in New York City Firefighters and police officers on stage)

Bet the house on it.

------------------
Live As If You'll Die Tomorrow, Dream As If You'll Live Forever

If I could choose:

When I Look at the World
Out of Control
Pride

But then that's not very realistic

------------------
Watch More TV, ITs your world you can change it, taste is the enemy of art, Every thing you know if wrong, mock the devil, and he will flee from thee
www.geocities.com/nshaikspike/evil.html

Originally posted by Hitman:
My prediction is.......

Beautiful Day
One
Walk On (Bringing in New York City Firefighters and police officers on stage)

Bet the house on it.

I agree with BD and Walk On (for sure), but I don't know about One, seems like kind of a downer song for the Superbowl. I would lean more towards Pride.

Originally posted by ramblin rose:
I agree with BD and Walk On (for sure), but I don't know about One, seems like kind of a downer song for the Superbowl. I would lean more towards Pride.

Once again, if anyone cares, One will be played; this is not speculation.

I think they will play one. Post 9-11 at their shows it was pretty emotional. Now they are on stage at the largest sporting event in the US and on TV in front of 800 million people. I think they will do One in tribute to 9-11 victims

I would love to see One performed.

I also would love to hear In God's Country but they'll probably stick to what the non-fans would know.

------------------
She not waiting on a saviour to come
She's at a bus stop with the news of the world and the sun sun here it comes
She's not waiting for anyone

The Lemon Pure PopAngel

1. beautiful day or elevation (i would perfer BD)
2. pride
3. walk on

...one and streets are both powerful live songs for a stadium full of U2 fans, but when it's a nation full of half drunk football fans, you need something that will keep them grooving and reflective at the same time. one is too slow and streets is not a standard get up on your feet and dance song, although U2 fans know it's really a great song for that.

------------------
)|( Vande )|(

"A word I've always liked more than happiness is joy. Happiness is a mood that comes and goes, whereas joy is just there." -Bono

The CIRCLE only has one side.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

In my dream I was drowning my sorrows, but my sorrows they learned to swim...

Originally posted by NShaik:
from u2.com:

All they will say is that one of the following songs will be on the playlist.

* I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
* Desire
* Beautiful Day
* Pride (In the Name of Love)

Which of those do u want to hear the most?

I think it would be cool if they play "Desire" at the tip of the heart similiar to the Elevation DVD.

------------------
"There's a lot of real rubbish going on about new music & old music, can I just say we play U2 music? Is that OK?" - Bono, Us Festival 5/30/83

We all know they are playing

Discotheque (dressed up as the village people)

Acoustic Mofo

and

I threw a brick through a window ( with adam on vocals)

[This message has been edited by Arun V (edited 01-31-2002).]

Realistically this is the way it will probably go:

1. Elevation
2. Beautiful Day or Desire
3. Walk On or One

I'm thinking it will be Elevation, Desire and then walk on. One seems a little depressing for the situation. I would guess Desire over beautiful day because they, I'm thinking, will go with two ATYCLB tracks and one classic. The Ele, Desi, Walk list seems very upbeat, but a great tribute to America. I would actually be very, very suprised if they didn't close with walk on.

Walk On will close, and undoubtedly New York Firemen and/or cops will take the stage with them.

Sorry, exited accidently.

I agree with the above posts:

Beautiful Day
One
Walk On with firemen

(if they had time Streets would be great instead on One, but Streets is kind of long and I agree with some here that without U2 fans screaming along it might not be as great as it should)

Desire will be played a lot before & after commercials, I bet. But I think U2 would prefer new fans to buy ATYCLB, Achtung, or Joshua rather than Rattle & Hum.

I think Walk On is definately going to be in the setlist. I have a hunch they will include Stuck in a Moment, but I will probably be wrong. If they, in fact, use one song from the on-line poll it will be Pride or most likely, Beautiful Day. I can't picture them only playing songs from ATYCLB, so I doubt Stuck would make it to the final list.

So, we know that...

1)Pride (In the Name of Love)/Beautiful Day

2)Walk On

3)Undeclared. Possible choices could be Where the Streets Have No Name, Please, Desire, or maybe Elevation.

I just read in article from U2.com that WALK ON is definitely one of the three. Know this I predict:

Where The Streets Have No Name
Beautiful Day
Walk On

I haven't heard a good live version of Pride since.. uhm 1989.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Originally posted by Arun V:
We all know they are playing

Discotheque (dressed up as the village people)

Acoustic Mofo

and

I threw a brick through a window ( with adam on vocals)

well, duh! of course that's what they're really playing.

geez, arun, we're just trying to have some fun here with OUR crazy set lists.
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
)|( Vande )|(

"A word I've always liked more than happiness is joy. Happiness is a mood that comes and goes, whereas joy is just there." -Bono

The CIRCLE only has one side.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

In my dream I was drowning my sorrows, but my sorrows they learned to swim...

Back
Top Bottom