Song Wars!: One Tree Hill vs. Still Haven't Found What I'm Lookin' For

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

discothequeLP

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Hmm...i was thinkin' about this one today

SHFWILF was released as a single in the US (i think). Should One Tree Hill have replaced SHFWILF and have been released worldwide, not just in New Zeland?

After hearing One Tree Hill live (specifically the LoveTown New Year's Concert) i think it should have replaced SHF. Just doesn't compare.

I like "One Tree Hill" more, but "I Still Haven't Found..." made a better single.

ISHFWILF was a worldwide single. One Tree Hill was released in Australasia when In God's Country was released in the rest of the world. I feel both should have been worldwide at separate times.

In regards to ISHFWILF versus OTH, OTH wins easy.

One Tree Hill is way better. I love the ISHFWILF video but the song was never one of my favorites from JT :reject: and I'm a big JT fan!

I Still Haven't Found is a classic

it has a world wide appeal every artist aims to achieve but it almost never happens

over here 95% probably prefer One Tree Hill because "I still ..." is overplayed or something

ISHFWILF is an amazing song.... I still listen to it no matter how many times it's on the air.

but One Tree Hill should have been a single but not as a replacement for any of the others.... personally I like the live versions much better than the album version.

One Tree Hill was a single in New Zealand. (7" only- shared the same cover as 'In God's Country')...and made for exceptional live performane, in my opinion. While I agree it is great Single Material...i would have preffered Red Hill Mining Town as a single...which nearly was, God rest it's soul (and video)

One Tree Hill's Definetley the better of the two when we're talking Live, but Studio...mmm, I love the entire Joshua Tree LP so I couldn't really choose...

Anybody know where I can download the video for One Tree Hill that was shot for Rattle and Hum in Tempe but never made it...now on the Best of 80-90 but I need it on my PC as well! PLEASE HELP! :S

Last edited:
I like ISHFWILF because it's a song that comes into my head as soon as I think of U2. It's a song that reminds me why I am a U2 fan!:hmm:

One Tree Hill became one my very favorite U2 songs when I first heard it, and still is. Maybe not the best for a single, but then the best songs often aren't!

I think both are spriritual songs and as good as each other. I think Still Haven't Found strikes a chord in that it's what most of us feel at some time. One Tree is a beautiful farewell to a friend. Unfortunately most of us will also be able to relate to this at some point in our lives.

ISHFWILF was a better choice for a single because it is more radio-friendly, I think. A lot of people I know find OTH "depressing". But I think it is a better song. It's more raw and emotional than ISTHWILF, which sounds more polished in comparison. And the lyrics are so good, they could be poetry.

Last edited:
Love OTH.
I have 2 different live videos of OTH.
1st one from Tempe and the second from Boston I think.
The second one is part of the Rattle n Hum Outtakes 6 of 9.
You can get them from the DC hub at elevashn.net
Look for user aj78 , that's me.

from the beginning ive always liked one tree hill better. but evidently ishfwilf is teh better choice for a single.

ISHF was a better single b/c it's so catchy, and as much as I love it, I think One Tree Hill is the better, more complete song. Great tune, and lyrics. I've always been impressed with the fact that the song is not an entirely dark and depressing pity party, considering its motivation. One Tree Hill is also a better live tune than ISHF.

In my opinion,

One Tree Hill is U2's second best piece of work (after Bad.)

I think the live version of One Tree Hill is actually only .5 below Bad

Back
Top Bottom