Song wars: LAPOE vs. Bullet the Blue Sky

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LAPOE easily beats BTBS album version.
IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE to the ZooTV, Popmart or Elevation live versions of Bullet.

djerdap said:
LAPOE easily beats BTBS album version.
IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE to the ZooTV, Popmart or Elevation live versions of Bullet.

I love the live versions of BTBS
I do prefer the album version of LAPOE
I don't really think they are that similar though :hmm:

I think Edge could take the guitar solo at the end of LAPOE to higher planes that will hopefully blow our minds, much like in BTBS. We'll have to see on the tour.

too close to call until we hear 'love and peace' live.

i have a feeling every song they play live from the new stuff is gonna blow our minds.

:drool:

I've gotta' agree with what most everybody else has said, so far: the album version of "Love and Peace" is a lot better than the album version of "Bullet," but doesn't hold a candle to the latter when performed live. That said, as I parrot what others have already mentioned, the final verdict won't be in until we hear the song on tour. Still...the album version of this song is fantabulous.

hehe, I've been thinking the past few days "LAPOE is the new BTBS". I never really liked Bullet and I love LAPOE.

This song wars is absolutely ridiculous and nonsense :down:
is something like compare Beatles I Am The Walrus with Yoko Ono´s don´t worry Kyoko:mad:

what did you think my friend when you posted these songs for a fight ?

Bullet The Blue Sky has really no competition here :heart: :yes:

Love and Peace or Else is brilliant. It's Imagine meets When the Levee Breaks filtered through Bullet the Blue Sky.

But again, I need live versions to make a decision

UnforgettableLemon said:
Love and Peace or Else is brilliant. It's Imagine meets When the Levee Breaks filtered through Bullet the Blue Sky.

But again, I need live versions to make a decision

I respect your opinion my friend, but honestly Love And Peace or Else has nothing, really nothing from When The Levee Breaks nor Bullet The Blue Sky :shame: :banghead: :silent:
for those who don´t know When The Levee Breaks is the last song from Led Zeppelin IV, and it has pretty much the same pulse if you compare with Bullet The Blue Sky, but the songs are 100% different. When The Levee Breaks is the heaviest song on Led Zeppelin IV, is 7 minutes long and guitars and voice are very distorded, and drums sound like if were recorded with a mic outside the room, AND IS SUCH A MASTERPIECE :bow:

Love And Peace Or Else has Pink Floyd´s money beat, and for me it has nothing to become a real classic :( :sad: :ohmy:

Bullet The Blue Sky has really no competition here

Too funny. Sure, 'Bullet the Blue Sky' is a very good U2 song. However, 'Love and Peace or Else' has many more creative, innovative dimensions, and it is a song that resounds with greater energy.
Not only does 'Bullet the Blue Sky' have competition, but 'Love and Peace or Else' is the better track - winning by a good, comfortable margin.

- Nicholas

zoou2@hotmail.com

lol - Sleep Over Jack, I've noticed that a couple of times already about 'Ponkine', I sure do notice his sourness towards anything that is NOT Joshua Tree?... Maybe he's not a U2 fan, maybe he's just a Joshua Tree fan?... You know the types.

- Nicholas

zoou2@hotmail.com

Great comparison-LAPOE vs BTBS, but...

even better combination.

I was thinking yesterday that the two played back to back in concert would rock hardcore, bullet into love and peace. Imagine

That's a tough one, I think Bullet at this moment as I've had longer with it and seen it live and I know how much an impact it has. Once I've seen LAPOE live I'll know better (although it's my favourite off the album).

I just can't help feel that LAPOE is gonna be the concert opener and it's gonna be even more brash and dirty than the record version.

IMO LAPOE lacks the anger that BTBS has, even the studio (of BTBS) version had balls to it.
it also sounds like Force of Nature by Oasis, though i'll go with the Led Zeplin comparisons as well

burns said:
IMO LAPOE lacks the anger that BTBS has, even the studio (of BTBS) version had balls to it.
it also sounds like Force of Nature by Oasis, though i'll go with the Led Zeplin comparisons as well

bleh... love and peace is a good song, but it's no bullet. like burns said, bullet is pure anger expressed through music. love and peace has almost a jovial feel to it. there's no anger there. in fact, i'm not sold that it's a political song. i think it's a relationship song... a fight between husband and wife, boyfriend and girlfriend, etc etc. yea... it says "troops" and "guns" and "zion." ok fine... it also says "baby don't fight, we can talk this thing through."

it's not a clear, angry political tune at all... and although i do like the song, i think it's the weakest track on the album. :shrug: just my opinion...

i thought edge's solo on BTBS was based on the troubles in El Salvidor

burns said:

Force of Nature always reminded me of Zep. :) Well, maybe not lyrically.

ponkine said:

I respect your opinion my friend, but honestly Love And Peace or Else has nothing, really nothing from When The Levee Breaks nor Bullet The Blue Sky :shame: :banghead: :silent:
for those who don´t know When The Levee Breaks is the last song from Led Zeppelin IV, and it has pretty much the same pulse if you compare with Bullet The Blue Sky, but the songs are 100% different. When The Levee Breaks is the heaviest song on Led Zeppelin IV, is 7 minutes long and guitars and voice are very distorded, and drums sound like if were recorded with a mic outside the room, AND IS SUCH A MASTERPIECE :bow:

Love And Peace Or Else has Pink Floyd´s money beat, and for me it has nothing to become a real classic :( :sad: :ohmy:

And let's not forget Bullet isn't a real classic either. It has absolutely no radio appeal. It's a live classic in the minds of U2 and the hard core fans. The song is still a relative unknown and a skip track for common people listening the Joshua Tree. LAPOE or else is not a radio song. It's a song that can be so much more live. So we'll find out if it is or isn't.

Love and Peace or Else studio version destroys the studio version of Bullet the Blue Sky and thats the only fair comparison that should be made at this point until we hear Love and Peace Or Else live.

Vervefloyd said:

And let's not forget Bullet isn't a real classic either. It has absolutely no radio appeal. It's a live classic in the minds of U2 and the hard core fans. The song is still a relative unknown and a skip track for common people listening the Joshua Tree. LAPOE or else is not a radio song. It's a song that can be so much more live. So we'll find out if it is or isn't.

Actually, other than Sunday Bloody Sunday, I hear Bullet on the radio more than any other U2 song. Of course, it is the live version...

Back
Top Bottom