Song Wars!: In A Little While vs. Summer Rain

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

discothequeLP

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I think this is a good one.

Personally, I think Summer Rain should have been on the album and played live. Not necessarily replacing IALW, but I do think Summer Rain is a better song.

What do you think?

summer rain is ok for a b-side, but there's no comparsion with in a little while which is one masterpiece.

Summer Rain is way better, I don't know why it wasn't on the album. It could at least have replaced Grace.

Much prefer In a Little While over Summer Rain. Good b-side like many have said but no where the finished article. No-one would put that on ATYCLB instead of Grace either. No-one with any sense of quality control anyway.

summer rain is not a good song. its not crap or anything but there are alot of great songs out there and summer rain is not one of them. it just not a good song! u2 can make better music than this (or can they)
IALW is way better .

In a Little While gets my vote. I like Summer Rain but in the scheme of things In a Little While is a better "fit" for ATYCLB

Summer Rain easily. In A Little While isn't good until you get to the "A man takes a rocketship ..." part, and then it's only worth it for that verse. Summer Rain, however, is good for the entire duration of the song.

Interesting how a B side is holding its own against an album cut....

Summer Rain. Couldn't understand how it got left off from the first play. Love how the distorted electric guitar meshes w/ the accoustic.

Sorry, IALW is too much of a light weight. SR at least has some energy, particularly when Larry joins in.

Fortunately with the advent of the CD burner, we can make our own mixes.

In a little while is better, I have nothing against Summer rain - I like it, but it's ok that it's a B-side.

Summer Rain is nice, easy listening but IALW is way ahead!! It is a truly beautiful song with a beautiful live version (especially the "slow down my beating heart" harmony with The Edge at the end).

Oh come on people! "Summer Rain" is absolute drivel... It's a shockingly bad piece of work to have come from U2 - it and "Always" have always mystified me - basically as to how ANYONE could like them... Each to their own I suppose!

"In A Little While" is among U2s most perfect songs - melodically beautiful, properly soulful, sonically adventurous and emotionally powerful... What more do you want! "Summer Rain" is throwaway trash, completely lacking in any depth as a lyrical or musical piece. It's also very badly recorded - Bono sounds horrific!

Anyway, as you probably realize, I really don't like "Summer Rain"! Just my opinion tho, I'm glad that it brings joy to some people ;-)

Back
Top Bottom