Song Wars: Acrobat vs. Love is Blindness

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

discothequeLP

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Ok...now with the great Survivor series gone, I'm going full on postal.

What song is better: Acrobat or Love is Blindness?

I'll get to the point...

LIB Rox the house!

Don't let the bastards grind you down is one of the best U2 lines of all time. Who the hell can't relate to that?

ACROBAT was always my favorite song on AB...
...wonder why they didn't play such a great song live?

I hate you, forcing me to pick between two of my favourite songs of all time! Well, not forcing ... but you get the point! Heh. I'd have to go with LIB, it can really stir emotions inside you and the live solo's just incredible.

Yeah but Ultraviolet is better than both those songs. :laugh: Out of those two I would have to go for Love is Blindness because of the slow nature of the song which hits a nerve every time, in a good way.

Love is Blindness, when performed live in an unhurried manner like in the first 2 legs of ZooTV tour really rocks.......

I love them both! I guess I will vote for Acrobat simply because of the line "Don't let the bastards grind you down."

Besides, it looks like it's going to win anyway!

Love is Blindness. I have a live version of it, and Edge's solo is amazing.

"don't let the bastards grind you down."

it's not really all that great a lyric. it's not even unique.

love is blindness is the better song.

Love is Blindness.

Acrobat must be the most overrated U2 song on these boards. I remember reading a review of AB on it's release and it summed Acrobat up as 'aimless' and they have a point. And please..'Don't let the bastards..' was around long before U2.

"Don't let the Bastards grind you down" I believe it was from a Yeats poem, which is just another reason Acrobat is u2's best song ever, well above the Top 40 "One."

Last edited:
An impossible choice - but I'm going with LIB, cause it gives me the chills!

By the way, has anyone else bought the Artists United for Africa CD, all covers of U2 songs by Christian artists? Sixpense None the Richer does LIB and I think it's the best song on the album - really interesting to hear a woman sing it.

Back
Top Bottom