Song that fell thru the cracks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wowy23

The Fly
I just can't figure out why "In God's Country" is not part of the regular rotation. This has to be one of U2's best songs not played.
Musically and lyrically amazing; Edge's intro and overall guitar work is out of this world. Any thoughts/comments?

Wowy23 said:
I just can't figure out why "In God's Country" is not part of the regular rotation. This has to be one of U2's best songs not played.
Musically and lyrically amazing; Edge's intro and overall guitar work is out of this world. Any thoughts/comments?

http://www.u2wanderer.org/disco/sing021.html

This site may answer your question. Looks like it was buried in the mix of other singles from The Joshua Tree. Great song, however. I always think of my province when it's playing...it very much creates a sense of place.

Wowy23 said:

I think it's most likely down to the fact there are other songs from JT that appeal to the wider fan.

WOWY, Streets, Still havent found & Bullet all still get played on a regular basis.

(and have on the vertigo tour, along with running to stand still, (and maybe even 1 tree hill in new zealand) - even though Adam's quoted as saying that this time they wanted to play something other than the JT songs)

That would make six songs played on the vertigo tour from JT.

1. Rejoice
2. Seconds
3. Like A Song…
4. Surrender
5. In God’s Country
6. One Tree Hill
7. Heartland
8. God Part II
9. Do You Feel Loved
10. Gone
11. Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
12. Dirty Day
13. Acrobat

In God's Country is good, nice guitar but the lyrics do nothing for me.

i quite liked the acoustic version from the Elevation tour

Re: Re: Song that fell thru the cracks

Ellay said:

I think it's most likely down to the fact there are other songs from JT that appeal to the wider fan.

WOWY, Streets, Still havent found & Bullet all still get played on a regular basis.

(and have on the vertigo tour, along with running to stand still, (and maybe even 1 tree hill in new zealand) - even though Adam's quoted as saying that this time they wanted to play something other than the JT songs)

That would make six songs played on the vertigo tour from JT.

If Adam feels this way, then perhaps U2 could mix up the JT songs.

Everyone adores "Streets" - perhaps the best concert song ever. So that stays.

But I see no reason why U2 couldn't remove WoWY and replace it with "In God's Country" or "One Tree Hill" or any other JT song. I'm happy that U2 replaced "Running" with "Miss Sarajevo" - it was a refreshing change. But if they really want to mix up things, they can do this flip with other JT era songs. They did it with other eras (other than the sadly overlooked "Pop" era), especially the AB era.

In God's Country! :drool:

Being a TJT fanboy, I just HAD to post! :hyper:

Omg my favorite part of the song is just the beginning, with Edge's little ting-a-ting echoing noises he always loves making with his guitar. :love: That's just such a good intro, how it's quiet and crisp sounding, then goes right into the full band music. Perfect! This definitely deserved to be played this tour. Especially with such a fun solo.

Rafiennes said:
1. Rejoice
2. Seconds
3. Like A Song…
4. Surrender
5. In God’s Country
6. One Tree Hill
7. Heartland
8. God Part II
9. Do You Feel Loved
10. Gone
12. Dirty Day
13. Acrobat

You forgot Zooropa
whose going to ride your wild horses
lemon

In God's Country is my second favorite song on Joshua Tree. I just love the guitar, and the fact that Larry doesn't hit the cymbals once. The version in the R&H movie kicks ass. :heart:

Rafiennes said:
1. Rejoice
2. Seconds
3. Like A Song…
4. Surrender
5. In God’s Country
6. One Tree Hill
7. Heartland
8. God Part II
9. Do You Feel Loved
10. Gone
12. Dirty Day
13. Acrobat

:combust:
Where can I buy tickets??

:wink:

In God's Country (and One Tree Hill) need to be brought back into regular rotation now. :grumpy:

Edge's guitar in the beginning :drool:

There is a definite lack of Zooropa and non-single War tracks. Why seconds isnt all over the 1st half of their set lists is beyond me.

They ARE actually playing In God's Country on this tour every night. But the song keeps getting shorter and shorter. In Rattle and Hum (the movie) the song is down to about 80 seconds. They have continued to knock it down by 5 seconds per year to its present form which is easily mistaken for guitar feedback between LAPOE and SBS.

Rafiennes said:
1. Rejoice
2. Seconds
3. Like A Song…
4. Surrender
5. In God’s Country
6. One Tree Hill
7. Heartland
8. God Part II
9. Do You Feel Loved
10. Gone
12. Dirty Day
13. Acrobat

:up: Totally agree. But have to add Fast Cars.

In God's Country
One Tree Hill
Seconds
Like A Song...
Peace on Earth
Ultraviolet
The Electric Co (although appeared a couple times in the Vertigo tour)

but outside of In God's Country the song i love the most that doesn't get enough love here, or anywhere is So Cruel.

I definently don't think they always have to play BTBS......

I would love love love to see Bono and Edge sing seconds together....that would be amazing (has never seen Redrocks :sad:, but my friend's buying it for me, at least he said he was)

Seconds is wicked. my friend actually showed me Seconds a few years ago and It got my interest in U2 started - "You mean they aren't just a singles band?!". Soooo good.

In God's Country is fookin incredible. One of my FAVES on the Joshua Tree.... but I hate in Rattle and Hum how they cut the song down... I love the "SLEEP COMES LIKES A DRUG... IN GOD's COUNTRY" part (the chorus?) and they only do it once :sad: :sad: :sad: I mean I love the whole song but I miss that second verse and chorus.

They should definately play this... and TRIP THROUGH YOUR WIRES! I love that Harmony... and Harmonica!

And Ponee - :laugh:

I saw Gang of Four in a club last may that used NYD and Seconds as part of their warm-up music. Imagine hearing that a concert volume with 500 others...

u2fp

Well it didn't fall completely through the cracks, it's used in one of my all time favorite films Three Kings.

powerhour24 said:
Well it didn't fall completely through the cracks, it's used in one of my all time favorite films Three Kings.

Yeah I couldn't believe it when it turned up on there.

totally out of the blue.

Surprised me almost as much when zoo station was played on Hugh Grant's 'About a Boy.'

Back
Top Bottom