Song snippets from Bad and Elevation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliveu2cm

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Originally posted by SkeeK:
When did he sing The World Is Not Enough with Elevation, praytell

I actually just listened to this last night, it was from Milwaukee 5/9/01
smile.gif

------------------
Your eyes make a circle
I see you when I come in here

* U2 Take Me Higher *

decided to extend it beyond Elevation tour. This could make for a very long thread.

"One" once had a snippet of "walk on" - New York, Irving Show. It has also had "everybody hurts" added into it.

"Do you feel Loved" had Madonna's "get into the groove".

"Elevation" once had a beatles tune in it that went "and we all shine on - like the moon, the stars, and the sun" (not too sure about the title).

"Beautiful Day" once had "all you need is love" added at the end.

"Discotheque" - "take your partner by the hand", "we are family", "devil inside"

~zoo~

------------------
" You love this town - even if that doesn't ring true. You've been all over, and it's been all over you " - Bono

" Don't you know there ain't no Devil, that's just God when he's drunk " - Tom Waits

"Be my baby" was actually a snippet of ELEVATION and not BAD

------------------
"You gotta put the women and children first, but you've got an unquenchable thirst for New York..."

Originally posted by tackleberry:
"Be my baby" was actually a snippet of ELEVATION and not BAD

In Montreal 11/12 Bono sang "Be My Baby" after dancing with the pregnant woman, during Bad.

But I'll add it to the Elevation list if he sang it then also.

------------------
Your eyes make a circle

* U2 Take Me Higher *

As for the aforementioned Madonna "Get Into the Groove", Wanderer and I discovered that he's put excerpts of that song into "Do you Feel Loved", "Mysterious Ways" and "Discotheque"....a closet Madonna fan, perhaps???

"Bullet" has a dash of "Whole Lotta Love." I love it when Bono sings that part.

------------------
The idiot who put the DVD on his Christmas wish list. What was I thinking!?! That is a WHOLE month away!

Originally posted by Zoocifer:
"Elevation" once had a beatles tune in it that went "and we all shine on - like the moon, the stars, and the sun" (not too sure about the title).

Instant Kharma, they played it at the Saturday Night Live performance, 12/09/2000.

I know it?s not from this tour but I absolutely love Candle in the Wind + Fool to Cry + The First Time in the end of Bad from Zoo Europa bootleg.

------------------
"To me a rock and roll concert is 3-D, it?s a physical thing - it?s rhythm for the body. It?s a mental thing in that it should be intellectually challenging. But it?s also a spiritual thing, because it?s a community, it?s people agreeing on something, even if it?s only for an hour and a half." (Bono, as quoted in the book U2 The Road to Pop)

Brasil is the country of the future. And it will always be that way...(my translation of a popular saying)

Originally posted by Henne:
A snippet of the Stones' "Wild Horses" was performed during "Bad" quite often, too.

OMG I can't believe I forgot this! I heard it in Boston and it was beyond beautiful!!

Only I didn't think the Stone's sang it originally.. I actually heard it on the radio w/ some woman singing it (lol I'm sure she's v. famous but I don't know her name). Yes, great song!

Plus- what song does he sing the Two Tribes go to war thing in ? (frankie stole hollywood or somethign like that) - it's either Until or NYD? can't remember...

[This message has been edited by oliveu2cm (edited 11-28-2001).]

If you already said this, feel free to slap me, Carrie. lol

He did a little bit of Creep during (omg, mind is going blank!) Elevation or Beautiful Day at one point early on. (I'm inclined to think it was Elevation, cause Creep and Beautiful Day don't really mesh, lol)

smile.gif

------------------
A vampire or a victim
It depends on who's around

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:

Only I didn't think the Stone's sang it originally.. I actually heard it on the radio w/ some woman singing it (lol I'm sure she's v. famous but I don't know her name). Yes, great song!

The version your thinking of Olive is the one by the Sundays, they did a cover of Wild Horses a few years ago... great, haunting tune!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
How do you keep a moron busy for an hour? Two words... Extreme Paddleball

"wow...look at those two birds... they look just like airplanes, the way they're flying..."

" because they are airplanes..."

During Zoo TV, Bono would tack "Candle In The Wind" to the end of Bad sometimes.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Here's the list I've drawn up. I know that sometimes Bono sings only a line or two so it doesn't get recorded. Anyone know any more? I know for a fact I'm missing tons from the Elevation part. (these are only from this Elevatin Tour- the list would never end if we expanded it to past tours)
wink.gif
a later project...

Bad:
Sympathy for the Devil
WGRYWH
When I look at the world
AIWIY
Be My Baby
Fool To Cry
Molly Malone
Yellow
Everybody hurts
Alison
Norwegian Wood
Ruby Tuesday
Wild Horses (Stones)
Wild Horses (The Sundays)
Candle In The Wind

Elevation
London Calling
Stepping Stone
In God's Country
Drive My Car
Twist and Shout
Mr. Tambourine Man
Pump It Up
The World Is Not Enough
Be My Baby
Instant Karma
Creep

------------------
Your eyes make a circle

* U2 Take Me Higher *

Ah, what the heck. Here are snippets from other songs from this tour:

One:
Unchained Melody
She's a Mystery to Me
Forever Young
Amazing Grace
Wake Up Dead Man
Love Is Blindness
The Ocean
Everybody Hurts
Losing My Religion

Bullet
Young Americans
Janie Got A Gun
Whole Lotta Love

Pride
Could You Be Loved

Mysterious Ways
Sexual Healing

Staring At The Sun
Devil Inside
Rain

Sunday Bloody Sunday
Get Up, Stand Up

Walk On:
Hallelujah
Love Will Tear Us Apart
When Will I See You Again
Peace On Earth

Stuck
In My Life
When I Get Home
Help

Beautiful Day
All You Need Is Love

Until The End Of The World
Frankie Goes To Hollywood

------------------
Your eyes make a circle

* U2 Take Me Higher *

When did he sing The World Is Not Enough with Elevation, praytell

At Oakland2 Bono sang a long part of "Don't worry...about a thing..." (and I don't know the artist here??) nor can I remember what song he sang it after.

Anyone there remember this??

Originally posted by DebbieSG:
At Oakland2 Bono sang a long part of "Don't worry...about a thing..." (and I don't know the artist here??)

That's Three Little Birds by Bob Marley. It's funny, because I'd seen that on setlists and had no freaking clue what song it was until I looked it up today. Then I was like, "Oh it's that song!" I know he tacked it onto "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" in St. Louis.

Also, in Detroit during Bullet Bono threw in some Eminem -- The Real Slim Shady. I cracked up. Something about Bono singing Eminem just doesn't seem to fit...

Back
Top Bottom