song of the day 9/23: VERTIGO!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:applaud: I haven't been in this good of a mood since the first day of summer vacation after I graduated from freshmen-ness. Thank you U2!! :bow:

t8thgr8 said:
this is vertigo's day, fuck party girl

Right on.

Vertigo is the best song I have heard in so bloody long! There's a reason I've been looping it all day.

My head is a mess and im deaf in one ear,
but i STILL have Vertigo on highest volume
and on repeat!
:crazy: :cool:

This is definitely a Vertigo day!

-Eva-

So i'm getting this'll be a garageband type of album in tune with the all the "the" band craze with a dose of U2ishness??!

Sounds pretty good!! Should we be expecting "The U2" to go along with it?

Re: Re: song of the day 9/23: VERTIGO!!!!!!!!!!!

isabelle_guns said:

lol good call :) :up:

glad to see you taking my objection well :)

didnt want any bad vibes btw i cant stop playing this song, its gonna get stale for sure by the time atomic comes out, ahhhhhh

Re: Re: Re: song of the day 9/23: VERTIGO!!!!!!!!!!!

t8thgr8 said:

didnt want any bad vibes btw i cant stop playing this song, its gonna get stale for sure by the time atomic comes out, ahhhhhh

What bad vibes silly, it's just a cute game these song of the days but you're right, it should've been Vertigo instead of party girl...what was I thinking :p

P.S. There is never any bad vibes with me at all with anybody :)

Re: Re: Re: song of the day 9/23: VERTIGO!!!!!!!!!!!

t8thgr8 said:

by the way nice to meet you "extends hand"...see you around.

Tip Top Prince said:
Vertigo isn't very good.

Like the Sun isn't very hot.
Like the Universe isn't very big.
Like I didn't piss my pants much when I first heard it.

:lmao:

I honestly have to disagree with Tip Top Prince. I love U2, and have been a fan since 1998, and even after hearing almost every song they've released, "Vertigo" is one of their best ones. It's a fun song if you just lighten up and appreciate it. I love how ATYCLB mixed old and new, but "Vertigo" definately resembles the first album in a lot of ways, which is just fine with me.

If you're looking for seriousness, I'm sure you'll find it all over the new album. However, it is refreshing to hear a song by U2 that just shows you that they're just having fun with their music. Honestly, 90% of their songs are serious, not that it's a bad thing, but I think the remaining 10% of fun songs they do should also be appreciated.

Not sure why I'm already hooked, it usually takes me a while to get used to their newer material. Maybe after hearing "Pride" and "With or Without You" 100 times this week, a new song is just what we need.

Last edited:
It seems the band is real content with this first single. They seem very upbeat and happy, which is the most important. I think this produces the best music, and VERTIGO shines through. I remember Bono saying over a year ago, that their finally "making the music we've always wanted to make."

I can see that. It takes a band a long time to arrive where they truly feel they should be, even U2. The confidence that shines through on "Vertigo" shows me these guys aren't just whistling Dixie. This album is going to smoke.

Mullen-Girl said:
Yeah this song totally rocks! :D :hyper: I heard it on 4 different radio stations yesterday 5 times in the span of 30 mins :ohmy: :D It was like heaven

That's heaven all right. Driving along, new single from your favorite band hits the airwaves, IT'S A JAW-DROPPING SONG, and you get to hear it again and again, along with the rest of your city, on the radio. Classic.

Macfistowannabe said:
I honestly have to disagree with Tip Top Prince. I love U2, and have been a fan since 1998, and even after hearing almost every song they've released, "Vertigo" is one of their best ones. It's a fun song if you just lighten up and appreciate it. I love how ATYCLB mixed old and new, but "Vertigo" definately resembles the first album in a lot of ways, which is just fine with me.

If you're looking for seriousness, I'm sure you'll find it all over the new album. However, it is refreshing to hear a song by U2 that just shows you that they're just having fun with their music. Honestly, 90% of their songs are serious, not that it's a bad thing, but I think the remaining 10% of fun songs they do should also be appreciated.

Not sure why I'm already hooked, it usually takes me a while to get used to their newer material. Maybe after hearing "Pride" and "With or Without You" 100 times this week, a new song is just what we need.

Tip Top Prince was being sarcastic :)

Complete lyrics!:)

"Vertigo"

Unos, dos, tres, quatorze
Turn it up loud, captain

Lights go down
It's dark, the jungle is
Your head can't rule your heart
A feeling so much stronger
Than a thought
Your eyes are wide
And though your soul