song of the day 10/09: I still haven't found what I'm looking for.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

isabelle_guns

Refugee
I have climbed highest mountain
I have run through the fields
Only to be with you
Only to be with you

I have run
I have crawled
I have scaled these city walls
These city walls
Only to be with you

But I still haven't found what I'm looking for

I have kissed honey lips
Felt the healing in her fingertips
It burned like fire
This burning desire

I have spoke with the tongue of angels
I have held the hand of a devil
It was warm in the night
I was cold as a stone

I believe in the kingdom come
Then all the colors will bleed into one
Bleed into one
Well yes I'm still running

You broke the bonds and you
Loosed the chains
Carried the cross
Of my shame
Of my shame
You know I believed it

But I still haven't found what I'm looking for...

I can listen to this song over and over and never get tired of it. It's my favorite song in the entire world and probably one of the greatest pop songs of the 20th century.

I haven't heard that song for too long (this means a few months). I think this is because I had decided to stop listening to The Joshua Tree for a while, ´cause I thought I would be tired of it. When I started reading this topics first lines I felt kinda melancholic... and, so, here I am hearing it. Now I think I could never get tired. Everybody has listened to it a lot, and I guess that's because it's great. I miss the 80s!

Last edited:
Best performance of I Still Haven't Found is definitely semi-acoustic in Rotterdam July 11th 1993. A beautiful version with added lyrics.

classic u2 track, but not one of my favorites. Probably because its so over-played, in the end it's brilliant and I love it but I don't really want it on the next tour, never liked it live really.

Great song, but IMO one of the weaker tracks off Joshua Tree, it sounds awesome but it just doesnt appeal to me as much as other songs from the era

Some songs sound better than others....

I usually find it to be really boring. But then there are those moments when it touches me. The Rattle and Hum version tends to do that.

definitely the song that has suffered most from media overkill, which is unfortunate because it is a good song. not one of my favourites, but i do enjoy it when listening to the joshua tree in full. didn't care much for the gospel revival live version, but that's just my two cents worth.

Back
Top Bottom