song of the day 08/24: Fire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

isabelle_guns

Refugee
song of the day 03/24: Fire

song of the day 03/24: Fire

1. listen to the song
2. read the lyrics
3. post thoughts

Falling falling
The sun is burning black
Falling falling
It's beating on my back
With a fire
With a fire

Falling falling
The moon is running red
Falling falling
It's pulling me instead
With a fire
Fire

But there's a fire inside
When I'm falling over
There's a fire in me
When I call out
I built a fire
I'm going home

Falling falling
The stars are falling down
Falling falling
They knock me to the ground
With a fire
Fire

But there's a fire inside
When I'm falling over
There's a fire in me
When I call out
There's a fire inside
When I'm falling over
I feel the fire
I'm going home

What a haunting melody! I love it, especially with that really rocking part at the end.

I really think this is an underappreciated song, by fans and even the band.

One of the best tracks off October.

For some reason when I think of U2's early 80's stuff, this is always one of the first songs that come to mind. I think it's because Edge really sounds like he's getting off on his "new" guitar sound on this song. This song gives off a strong sense of discovery and the resultant inspiration that comes with that discovery. Fire is as representative of their early 80's output as much as their more well known songs of that era are.

To me, it's one of weaker tracks on October, BUT then I heard the live version. It was from New York, March 17th 1982. The song's main riff is different and much, much better. Basically, one of the best October live songs.

It's an average song.

Personally, I think U2 is lucky they survived the weakness of October and were able to go on and make War. They owe so much to Sunday Bloody Sunday.

What is so weak about October?
Please explain, I personally disagree with you, because I feel it is one of there most sincere, and personal albums ever. I LOVE IT

i agree, october is the most underrated of u2's work. it has a lot of hidden gems on it: tomorrow, scarlet, and this song, fire.

october stuff live is some of the best live u2, ever. they had this raw energy and passion, the exuberance in bono's voice... :drool:

Back
Top Bottom