Song and year

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Beautiful Day, 2000.

Although I have known all the words to all the radio songs since 1983, I was sucked in when this song sounded exactly like my life.

Schmeg said:
Beautiful Day, 2000.

Although I have known all the words to all the radio songs since 1983, I was sucked in when this song sounded exactly like my life.

Exactly what I'm interested in finding out...for me it was SATS, and then i realized how much I liked so many other songs that I never realized were written by u2.

One, 1997.... i traded my uncle a nintendo game for achtung baby because i liked the song. a few months later i had pretty much all of their cds... :wink:

Last edited:
Bad from the Rattle and Hum the movie. I got drug to a showing in a theatre and was ever after glad I was. I wept when I saw the portion of the film, and I am not one to cry easily.

Bad: 1988

Going on 5 months:

Pride . . . --> June 2004.

I LOVE this song!
GinValentine1.gif

I got very lucky. I can't pinpoint it, I was litterally born on U2. My mum used to play 'One Tree Hill' to me in my cot to help me sleep. I was born in 1986, and heard nothing but the Joshua Tree for most of my early life. That was my grounding (in particular Streets). Achtung hit when I was 5, that is the first U2 album I conciously remember comming out in my lifetime.

But yes. Lets just say I became a fan on 30th September 1986, to no song in particular, just the band.

Although I'll say 'Bad' on its own is the coup de grace. :wink:

Gone (Best Of Mix), 2002, though I grew up with U2 and loved their music anyway. Gone just sealed the deal.

Bad, in 1985.

I had heard of the band, but didn't know much. Then I saw Live Aid on tv, and their performance of 'Bad' absolutely blew me away.

ISHFWILF, 1987

Ironically, it's now one of my least favorite songs that's among their "hits"

Back
Top Bottom