sometimes.....that bloody song!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The performence is on the Dvd that comes with HTDAAB...i'm trying to work out where I got it from to be able to put it on my ipod now tho...!:eyebrow:

(jeez my memory is shit):ohmy:

AH-HA! Just got it! It was on a cd I picked up in Benidorm oddly enough, amongst other U2 boots. It had the Radio 1 songs from November on it, and the Crumbs and Sometimes... performences that are on the HTDAAB dvd.

boystupidboy said:
You should'nt buy bootlegs.It puts legitimate record shops out of business you know:madspit:

lol! (I just wish I didnt have to go all the way to Benidorm to get em'!) I think their laws must be different over there or something?

For your sake I hope they are other than that, some dogdiness is at hand

Aardvark747 said:

lol! (I just wish I didnt have to go all the way to Benidorm to get em'!) I think their laws must be different over there or something?
Thats a cop out,what about the money u2 are losing on royalties,copyright etc.I think you need to check out your morals,would you like it happening to you?:mad:

boystupidboy said:

Thats a cop out,what about the money u2 are losing on royalties,copyright etc.I think you need to check out your morals,would you like it happening to you?:mad:

hmmm. I understand, but i'm sure I cant be the only one here to buy them? Besides, I like to think that the amount of money i've spent on them in the last 10 years, deserves just a little reward here and there.
:wink:

I had a satisfactory chuckle at your " im gonna shit myself when i hear them play sometimes live"

*BIG SIGH* im so immature that way

just dont drink too much the night before

boystupidboy said:
Playing the dvd single version(live from hq) and its got me hooked again.Fantastic version,real goosebumps stuff.For want of a better phrase..'i'm gonna shit meself when they play it live' :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

:up:

Love that version. Also I like the Saturday Night Live performance very very much too, especially with the extra lines he threw in at the end. Kinda hoping they'll do that live sometimes. :hmm: I think I'm more likely to burst into tears when I hear it live, perhaps I will shit myself though. You never know... :shrug:

Re: Re: sometimes.....that bloody song!!!!

neutral said:

:up:

Love that version. Also I like the Saturday Night Live performance very very much too, especially with the extra lines he threw in at the end. Kinda hoping they'll do that live sometimes. :hmm: I think I'm more likely to burst into tears when I hear it live, perhaps I will shit myself though. You never know... :shrug:

:yikes: :crazy: :sick:

I hope you won't be in the middle of the GA.

I thought this was going to be one of those threads that would be about bashing the song. I was getting all ready to use the 'huh' smilie....

boystupidboy said:
You should'nt buy bootlegs.It puts legitimate record shops out of business you know:madspit:
I don't buy bootlegs, but I trade and collect rare shows to get a different perspective. And trust me, an official DVD release will have me in the store the day it comes out. :)

pls dont buy bootlegs. remember that ad as to where the money goes?

here, there's a strong govt drive against it and there is even a special agency to run after the perpetrators. medium success but nevertheless because people buy for economic reason, they're 10 x cheaper here. but the bottom line is who is selling? easily illegal aliens here, even druglords perhaps. in other words, anyone but people in the legit business.
so think again. are you still gonna buy bootlegs?

I really, REALLY do not see the harm in wanting to buy live recordings of my favourite band, who have received well over £1000 of my hard-earned money in the last 10 years.
I own a music shop in the UK, and obviously, do not stock bootlegs - as it is illegal. But whenever I do come across shops, either in London, or abroad, that are selling U2 live cd's, I will not think twice about buying some.
The band are not missing out on any of my money, as I do not download their recordings like some, I bought all versions of HTDAAB (inluding the Vinyl) and 12 copies of their first 2 single releases.
In fact, I own all their albums on Vinyl, (twice in some cases) and I dont even have a record player.
If I ever met a member of the band, I would probably tell them all of this, and ask if they minded me continuing to buy bootlegs. If they said they said "Please stop, you're ripping us off" then I would. But somehow, I can hardly see that happening.

I might (at the same time) even suggest to them, putting out a live album - since (not counting R&H or Hasta La Vista) the only one they put out was over 20 years ago!:wink:

Back
Top Bottom