'Sometimes' is to be next single...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kiwilad

Refugee
This is from the U2 fan site, U2newzooland, here in NZ, I hope they don't mind me posting it ...

"Sometimes you can't make it the new single

Despite the recent delivery of a promotional single to US radio stations, and a new video apparently having been shot last month (during U2's surprise appearance in New York City), 'All Because of You' is not going to be U2's next commercial single.

Universal Music New Zealand have told us that the next single from How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb will be 'Sometimes You Can't Make it on Your Own'. 'All Because of You' will be released in the US as a radio-single only, with no commercial single release.

'Sometimes You Can't Make it on Your Own' will be delivered to radio stations here in New Zealand in early January. A commercial release-date, however, is yet to be confirmed."

Sorry if this is old news!

ABOY is the new single in the U.S. it was obvious after the MTV special all but announced it.

well ABOY is a 'radio' single, meaning, it's just for airplay, to keep momentum going, and it's probably only for the United States, as far as I know.

It's not going to be commercially released, that's why it has no b-sides. It's just for radio and I wouldn't be surprised if the video is on MTV and Vh1 in a month or so.

Aardvark747 said:
Cant wait for Sometimes... here in the UK! It had better get to no.1!! Seriously, it deserves to get to the top spot FAR more than Vertigo.

I agree with your sentiment, I am very attached to this song and would be personally insulted/gutted if a didn't succeed. How sad is that?!

It's biggest problem may be that it begins very quietly, slowly, and although by it's end it has become a huge song, people may switch off before it gets that far...

thought this might be the case - SYCMIOYO is the one i've been hearing all over the radio so far and not ABOY. would be silly not to capitalise on that because the radio is loving it right now - number 1 here we come!

Aardvark747 said:

...I think you may be right there sadly!:(

I'm not so sure. Maybe if the radio listener is given the chance they will respond to the different - non-hit none too poppy sound and catch the emotion of the music.

Edit: - probably not on second thoughts. I guess most radios do tend to like to serve their music spoon fed.

Last edited:
Sometimes is amazing! I have a new found love of that song imo it's right up there with one and wowy! It's amazing live!

paulrg said:

Edit: - probably not on second thoughts. I guess most radios do tend to like to serve their music spoon fed.

Correct. I just dont think the cd single buying public in the UK are gonna be rushing out to get it, like I THINK they should be!:wink:
There's bound to be a new poppy single out that week.:madspit:

...But people were probably thinking the same thing about One when that was released. And that never made it to the top sport - but still got the recognition it deserved - eventually!

I think it's a pretty good choice. Vertigo and ABOY are both more rock, so it's a good idea to have a "slow" one as the next single IMO...

I hope 'Sometimes' isn't a single in the UK...I hardly listen to it anyway...it seems such a personal song from Bono, with so much meaning, I can't just put it on, sing along, and smile. And if they release it as a single, it'll be horribly overplayed.

There's this radio station O-Rock 105.9 in Orlando thatz been playin basically every song from the Bomb since itz release, so idk wutz up w/ that.

Yes, even Yahweh:wink:

Jeez lemon, that's one great radio station! All I've heard here is vertigo, oh and Oots once. Enjoy it my friend!!!

Back
Top Bottom