something thats irked me...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

unforgettableFOXfire

I serve MacPhisto
Aiight, I know this is going to sound insensitive or someones going to flame me, but I wanna get this out since that other thread was closed.

Anthrax.

Why is everyone freaking out? The media has gotten the public into a frenzy over this, oh the mighty anthrax bacteria risen from the dead! Wow, a whole 18 or 20 cases... Guess what the treatment rate for it has been. 100%... one hundred percent... People are getting all panicky running in the streets crying anthrax at peices of dust that float by for no strategic perpose. I mean it sure as hell isnt funny, but at the same time, unless you are allergic to antibiotics, allergic to alternative antibiotics, you have nothing to worry about. I really wish everyone would stop being scared shitless and suck it up. 100% treatment rate. The one person that died, did so becaues they werent treated. Lets all keep in mind, this is a continent of some 250 or 300+ million people. At the moment theres nothing to worry about, because the bacteria isnt resistant to antibiotics of any kind, and is only infecting people who come into direct contact with it (more/less).

So grab up your U2 cds, sit in your easy chair, put your feet up, and relax. Its gonna keep coming, so no sense in getting worked up over something that isnt a problem right now.

(let the flaming begin)

i just thought that i would start the flaming.

Flame,Flame,Flame,Flame,Flame,Flame,Flame,Flame,Flame,Flame,Flame,Flame,Flame,Flame,Flame,Flame,Flame,Flame,Flame,Flame,Flame,Flame,Flame,Flame,Flame,Flame,Flame,Flame,Flame,Flame, Flame,Flame,Flame,Flame,Flame,Flame,Flame,Flame,Flame,Flame,Flame,Flame,Flame,Flame,Flame,Flame,Flame,Flame,Flame,Flame,Flame,Flame,Flame,Flame,Flame,Flame,Flame,Flame,Flame,Flame, Flame,Flame,Flame,Flame,Flame,Flame,Flame,Flame,Flame,Flame,Flame....

BURN!

lol

Damn long lines that cause horizontal scrollbars. they are the bane of my existence. people should know better.

hmm, i smell a connection here. are you three peple from london actually friends in real life and if so, do you ever kiss or hug each other on the face?

------------------
-death bear

Originally posted by Quano Abidji-Achibi:
hmm, i smell a connection here. are you three peple from london actually friends in real life and if so, do you ever kiss or hug each other on the face?

Id rather die then be kissed, hugged, or otherwise by adam... in all honesty I would... Friend is a cute title, but loathing is a more appropriate word. (take taht bitch! lol)

I hope you know there is a fairly long incubation period for anthrax--as long as sixty days. I hope, for God's sake, that you are right, and we have a 100% success rate. But we don't know. Has everyone that could possibly have been exposed tested? Has it been sixty days? This is still a potentially serious situation, and until the theoretical incubation periods have passed, we won't know.

"...and in one day, one moment, the entire world flipped upside-down..."

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

No, I agree-people are being made completely paranoid by the media. And sickos are doing hoaxes too.

But a couple of days ago, my neighbor had some sort of 'powder' in their newspaper, and the police and fire dept came. The police said they 'doubt' it was powder of any kind-and that they 'think' it was just newspaper shavings. But they are going to test it.

But considering they said they don't even KNOW where to send it, I'm not too confident in their abilities.

Well, you dont have to begin treatment as soon as you have potentially caught it... It is possible to be treated while it is ongoing, esp. in the case of cutaneous anthrax, it can still be cured despite its already active. To the best of my knowlege same goes for inhaled anthrax. I think this is all just hype but this is just the begining, we wont see the true results until 6-8 months from now.

Originally posted by SkeeK:
Damn long lines that cause horizontal scrollbars.

they are the bane of my existence. people should know better.

Weakness or no weakness, I agree.

It's extremely irritating.

rolleyes.gif

------------------
Some Days Are Slippy, Other Days Are Sloppy

Sicy's Website

Back
Top Bottom