Something new on the horizon!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2:3D getting a Blu release makes a ton of sense, particularly with 3D televisions about to hit the market. It'd certainly be better than that abortion called the Rose Bowl show.

And an Achtung Baby remaster? Yes, please.

Soooooo pretty much another unconfirmed rumour. :rolleyes: I wish people like the OP wouldn't just make a thread and then dissapear. It'd be nice to have a proper source.

I'm still hoping they WON'T release the AB remaster this year. It deserves a proper 20th birthday party next year.

I'm guessing if anything:
The Best of 1980-2000 - Two releases for the price of one!

Product Details
Release date: 2010-01-27
Label: MERCURY
Number of Discs: 2
Catalogue No: 060252727570

Tracklist:
01 Pride
02 New Year's Day
03 With or Without You
04 I Still Haven't Found What I'm
05 Sunday Bloody Sunday
06 Bad
07 Where the Streets Have No Name
08 I Will Follow
09 Unforgettable Fire
10 Sweetest Thing
11 Desire
12 When Loves Come To Town
13 Angel of Harlem
14 All I Want Is You
15 Even Better Than the Real Thing
16 Mysterious Ways
17 Beautiful Day
18 Electrical Storm (William Orbit Mix)
19 One
20 Miss Sarajevo
21 Stay
22 Stuck In a Moment You Can't Get Out Of
23 Gone (New Mix)
24 Until the End of the World
25 The Hands That Built America
26 Discotheque (New Mix)
27 Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me
28 Staring At the Sun (New Mix)
29 Numb (New Mix)
30 The First Time

I don't know if you meant me but here goes:
My source is listed as an link if you click "The Best of 1980-2000" in my previous post. It's from the Swedish record shop Bengans, and they are among the most well-known here so I wouldn't doubt them if they put up something for sale in their webshop.
My question was directed at the OP. ;)

Oh, I thought so but wanted to give the explanation just in case. :up:
I also would like some more details about the source from the original poster. Was it a record store employee? An employee at Universals headquarters? A bandmember's mother's auntie's friend's brother?

You could give us an idea without giving away the identity of the person, you know. ;)

I'm guessing if anything:
The Best of 1980-2000 - Two releases for the price of one!

Product Details
Release date: 2010-01-27
Label: MERCURY
Number of Discs: 2
Catalogue No: 060252727570

Tracklist:
01 Pride
02 New Year's Day
03 With or Without You
04 I Still Haven't Found What I'm
05 Sunday Bloody Sunday
06 Bad
07 Where the Streets Have No Name
08 I Will Follow
09 Unforgettable Fire
10 Sweetest Thing
11 Desire
12 When Loves Come To Town
13 Angel of Harlem
14 All I Want Is You
15 Even Better Than the Real Thing
16 Mysterious Ways
17 Beautiful Day
18 Electrical Storm (William Orbit Mix)
19 One
20 Miss Sarajevo
21 Stay
22 Stuck In a Moment You Can't Get Out Of
23 Gone (New Mix)
24 Until the End of the World
25 The Hands That Built America
26 Discotheque (New Mix)
27 Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me
28 Staring At the Sun (New Mix)
29 Numb (New Mix)
30 The First Time

Looked at that one in a shop a few feek ago, nothing specail.

Neither did I imply it was. ;) but it could still be the "2 releases before the summer"-announcement for all I know.

We don't really know if it's something new or "semi-new" they will announce - if they tell us anything at all of course.:angry: It could be something like this, the Achtung Baby remaster or U2:3D release. It could be a Rose Bowl DVD release date or the plans for the next album/single release. I'll remain skeptical about this rumour for a little while longer and believe that we won't receive any breaking news.

wow....

news hungry fans + vague rumor = leak puns

leak puns are stupid. if/when the new album comes out, if i have to scroll through 5 pages of stupid puns again, i might kill someone.

wow....

leak puns are stupid. if/when the new album comes out, if i have to scroll through 5 pages of stupid puns again, i might kill someone.

amen. if somebody wants to make a leak pun thread in out of control or something, that's cool, but in terms of having the leak puns in actual rumors/news threads, it's highly annoying to sort through them all in effort to find discussion/rumors.

wow....

Please don't.

wow....

I Agree, one person posts something very vague without even posting a source and even disappearing and people go apeshit here! I've got news for most of you, this guy was probably a troll trying to start some rumors! I would not take his/her quotes seriously until he/she provide concrete sources which they have indeed not.

I can't bring myself to watch the end of the Tennant era. I was devastated when Tom Baker left (I know, I know... but I was totally unprepared for it as I wasn't in the loop - no 'net to warn me). Tennant is my second favorite Doctor after T. Baker and I need time to mentally prepare. LOL! So, not quite ready yet for new Who.

Yeah, my top 3 are Tom Baker, David Tennant, and then Jon Pertwee. Really though, the End of Time is brilliant!

"Soldiers bring oranges they leaked out of a truck."

I've got news for most of you, this guy was probably a troll trying to start some rumors!

The fact that his last activity was....ONE MINUTE after his wrote that post not only implies hit-and-run; he practically left his license plate beside a smashed in, flaming car.

one thing i will say about the original thread poster is that he has been here since '08 and has actually contributed some discussion. and this isn't the first time that he has cited his source at Universal. in no way am i saying that anything is legit, but i don't think this is a troll/hit and run.

most likely, he has a friend that works at Universal that told him that there will be an announcement, but gave him no concrete information. my guess is that we're probably getting an announcment about the Rose Bowl DVD and maybe MOS being released as a single or something like that. i'll be shocked if they announce a new album. i still don't think it's coming out until late 2011.

I would love it if it was the Rose Bowl DVD and SOA. I think the Rose Bowl DVD/BR is nearly guaranteed. I really doubt it's anything related to U23D... U2 may or may not even have the rights to release it, and I don't think it would be very intelligent to release a third Vertigo Tour DVD in the middle of the 360 Tour. U2 generally release their remasters in October, and this would be absurdly early to announce that.

However, announcing SOA or an EP right now for June would be perfect timing. I really want to believe that U2 are doing that... and the fact that they've been totally silent since mid-January means that just about anything could happen. If they are releasing a new album by strategy of surprising the world, it would truly be amazing.

wow....

YES.

one thing i will say about the original thread poster is that he has been here since '08 and has actually contributed some discussion. and this isn't the first time that he has cited his source at Universal. in no way am i saying that anything is legit, but i don't think this is a troll/hit and run.

most likely, he has a friend that works at Universal that told him that there will be an announcement, but gave him no concrete information.

And this, too.

There's nothing wrong with skepticism, but maybe we should take this with a grain of salt, and wait the two weeks until we get the pitchforks out and become an angry mob?

I'd also like to note that this poster knows his/her way around the forum. The remaster post I quoted was from the remaster thread in EYKIW. This thread was created in the new album section. Coincidence?

very good point about knowing his way around the forum. he definitely intended to post this in the forum dedicated to new album news/discussion.

also a great point, popacrobat. as you can all see, that smiley moves in a vertical motion, symbolizing a "yes" statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom