Something new from your ESPN connection......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swan269

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I have been chosen to cut "NFL Images of the Year" and we have a couple of cool possiblities....

case 1-since u2 and the NFL have something worked out the producer and I had have the opportunity (maybe) to use any songs from U2's catalogue. One of the reasons that I was chosen to edit the montage is that I have all of the versions of many of the songs. This possibility is still in the works....oh yeah and one stipulation is either the NFL, the band, or the bands management would have to OK it for it to run.

case 2-we don't get to use as many U2 songs as we want so ESPN gets 1 or 2 songs cleared and then the band, NFL, management wouldn't have to see the piece in order for it to get cleared.

I, for one, want to use case 1 because I already made a song plan for the alloted 3 and a half minutes......either way I will be cutting it and a U2 song will be used.

more updates as I hear and do more...I will start putting it together next Thursday.

[This message has been edited by Swan269 (edited 01-12-2002).]

Are you as excited by this as you should be??!! That sounds so very cool! And you get to "work" for the band in a roundabout way.

------------------
They say that magic and the science world collide
Oh, but Einstein saw me lookin' at her and he joined my side

Jonathan Richman
"A Higher Power"

I'd like to request that the amount of Detroit Lions exposure in that clip be minimized.

Originally posted by speedracer:
I'd like to request that the amount of Detroit Lions exposure in that clip be minimized.

ditto for the bills.

------------------
i was born for your magazine
i am trapped in the society page of your magazine

And Panthers. And Packers!
tongue.gif

Lots and lots of Bears footage. Always Da Bears.

------------------
Change is the only constant

Originally posted by speedracer:

I don't know, maybe some vintage footage with Coach Wayne Fontes on the sidelines could be meaningful...

So far I've heard Desire, Elevation, Until the End of the World and now In God's Country being used for NFL promos. Interesting.

The Bills deserve what they got this season after the way they treated Doug Flutie last season.

I've really tried to like the Lions (I grew up in Detroit), but there's not much you can say for a franchise that sucks so badly that it drove Barry Sanders into a career as a Coors pitchman.

I think it's very likely that if case 1 becomes the reality, the band will approve the song you choose -- even if it's a bit obscure or old -- because you love U2's music which will help you cut an amazing piece to whatever song of theirs you choose.

Edit: Actually, it occured to me that my above statement would only be true if the band were able to see your finished piece before making a decision. Bummer.

Good luck and thanks for keeping up posted.

[This message has been edited by pub crawler (edited 01-13-2002).]

Originally posted by pub crawler:
even if it's a bit obscure or old

well then you're only option is 'magic carpet'

------------------
i was born for your magazine
i am trapped in the society page of your magazine

don't forget the steelers!!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
)|( Vande )|(

"Rock 'n' roll is a term that's been heavily abused. It's not
something you can buy in a record shop. It's an attitude." -Adam

"And I wear grey underwear." -Bono

Everyday can be a beautiful day. Don't let it get away.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

It?s cold outside, but brightly lit...

Originally posted by madonna's child:
don't forget the steelers!!!
biggrin.gif

Ditto!!

------------------
I've been walking Central Park
Singing after dark
People think I'm crazy

Originally posted by zonelistener:
Make sure to show the Bears getting slapped by the Eagles!

woohoo! go EAGLES!!! (i might live in NY, but i'm a Philly girl at heart.)

Swan269: this is so awesome for you!! be sure to keep us posted on any developments... i hope things work out the way you'd like!!
smile.gif

I really think it would be cool if you use a kind of obscure U2 song so many of the longtime fans would get a kick out of it.

Make sure you show the Packers while playing "Even Better Than The Real Thing."

------------------
Look what you did, you little JERK!

Kevin! You're such a disease!

I perhaps was going to use the drone like sound of "Mothers......" for the events on 9/11......the producer and I both want to use the acoustic "Stuck" to address the death of Korey Stringer....I will know more on Tuesday.

Beatiful Day is on the Baltimore Ravens World Championship Video released this past year. They actually always play it during home games too!
And the Ravens will be in the Super Bowl this year too, so it would be a good fit.

Originally posted by Swan269:
I perhaps was going to use the drone like sound of "Mothers......" for the events on 9/11......the producer and I both want to use the acoustic "Stuck" to address the death of Korey Stringer....I will know more on Tuesday.

Korey Stringer: I suggest One Tree Hill

I think Beautiful Day would work real well if you used it with a bunch of quick snips of plays.

Streets would work too.

------------------
Look what you did, you little JERK!

Kevin! You're such a disease!

Back
Top Bottom