Someone remind me again please....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JimmyChicken

Acrobat
Someone remind me again about the Evelation Tour....

How much did tickets cost in $US?

And on average, how big was the audience for each show?

Hello,

There were 3 price categories for the Elevation Tour:
$45 - This was for the GA-tickets (General Admission on the floor) and the so-called nosebleed seats (high in the arena and at the back of the stage)
$85 - These tickets were for Reserved Seating
$130 - This was the so-called Golden Circle, reserved seating in the sections closest to the stage.

On average, the ticket price was $80-$85, depending on the venue (those with a bigger arena floor had generally more people on it, bringing the average price down, while for instance Anaheim had a large Golden Circle section, raising the average).

I don't know exactly how large arena's are in the USA, but I would guess they can hold 16,000 - 20,000 people. With the exeption of one or two concerts on the third leg (Kansas?) all shows were sold out (and those that weren't were close to a sell out).

C ya!

Marty

As I already told someone this morning, I may not know the birthdays of family members or any appointments I might have tomorrow or this afternoon, but my head is chock-full of useless U2 trivia. :)

Call to me and I'll tell you great and wonderful things :D

C ya!

Marty

BTW the Gold Circle seats sucked the big one. $130 each for mine, and I was seriously half way up between the actual floor and the nosebleeds, at the middle of the venue. Normally Gold Circle tix are the best for a given show, but obviously GA was the way to go on this tour. All I was thinking when I saw the GA option was "trampled" - so I chickened out and now I'm kicking myself big time. :scream:

bonosloveslave said:
BTW the Gold Circle seats sucked the big one. $130 each for mine, and I was seriously half way up between the actual floor and the nosebleeds, at the middle of the venue. Normally Gold Circle tix are the best for a given show, but obviously GA was the way to go on this tour. All I was thinking when I saw the GA option was "trampled" - so I chickened out and now I'm kicking myself big time. :scream:

I got $130 tickets and they were amazing!! We were in the first section above the floor, about 15 rows back and just slightly off-center toward Adam's side. Total bonus was the entrance for the VIP section was right near our seats so we got to see Sean Combs, Tom Morello, Woody Harrelson and a bunch of other celebs coming and going.
I paid $60 for what literally were nosebleeds for PopMart, the guys were bright little dots to me, but it was an amazing experience. I don't think it's possible to ripped off my U2 live.

Popmartijn said:
section, raising the average).

I don't know exactly how large arena's are in the USA, but I would guess they can hold 16,000 - 20,000 people. With the exeption of one or two concerts on the third leg (Kansas?) all shows were sold out (and those that weren't were close to a sell out).

C ya!

Marty

According to a variety of sources, including Billboard, all shows on the Elevation tour sold-out. :yes:

Granted, there could have been a bit of "rearranging" of the numbers to get that (like closed off sections in an arena), but of the 4 shows I saw, there weren't any empty seats anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom