SOMEONE PLEASE TEACH ME HOW TO BLOODY RECORD ONTO VIDEO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tomtom

Acrobat
I am at my wits end about how to do this bloody crap. I have tried every single combination of audio/video output/input into the TV and VCR, but NOTHING WORKS. What the hell do I have to do? Is it something to do with the fact that I have a cable box, and the 'channel' option in my TV is set to CATV1? I dont know, someone PLEASE PLEASE help me!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

What I had not done was connect my cable out to my VCR, all this while it was connected to the telly.I am ever ever ever grateful to you Chartman.

If you are looking for a marriage partner I am ready to offer my services. Or free sex as well
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Do your hook-ups as directed by your VCR instruction manual. I know this seems obvious, but I have found that most people don't read the instructions...

If that's still confusing, here's what I do:
  • Connect the cable box OUT feed to your VCR, NOT your TV.
  • Then connect your VIDEO OUT lines from your VCR to your TV VIDEO IN lines (these should be red and white cables). By doing this, your VCR is ready to receive a signal from your cable box, which is what you want.
  • To watch TV, set your TV to channel three and change stations using your cable box remote. You will not need your VCR on to watch TV.
  • To record something, keep your VCR on station three and press record. The VCR will automatically record whatever your cable box has on. If your cable box is off, nothing will be recorded.
  • To program your VCR to record, follow the instruction manual. Usually, you set the time and date. Keep the VCR station at three and remember to set the VCR timer button. Then, either just keep your cable box on all day, or if it allows, program your cable box to record a show. This way, you can turn your cable box off and it will automatically turn on at the time your program starts. Your VCR will turn on as well and the program is recorded.
Remember, in this configuration, your TV is simply a monitor. Your VCR is receiving your signal and just sending it to your TV for viewing.

Hope this helps.

[This message has been edited by doctorwho (edited 11-23-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom